cocconut milk production

ezzra

There is an article in the local papers about a guy who have an old coconut plantation that produces

3,000 tons of organic coconut milk, and I'm just wondering how big of field, or how many rais of coconuts

trees will approx.. take to produce on ton of milk? the article goes on to say that he started with 60 tons

a year and few years later he's doing 3,000 tones a year exporting all over the world, dose it sound right?

That would be about 3.5 million litre cartons.

Back of a fag packet.....half litre per nut, 50 litres per tree,25 trees per rai, 1250 litres per ton(?)...maybe 1 rai.

He will probably have contract farms.

Also there's the oil extracted from the dried leftovers.

'And the leftovers from that (a brown sludge) are wonderful in coconut chocolate brownies. smile.png

His names not Chaokoh, or Arroy D by any chance?

Regards.

The brand name is Merit Food Products, and it's just sound fishy that someone will go from 60 ton

a year yield to 3,000 tons in a matter of few years and from the same size land,

I'm reminded of an organic food scam that has originated from one country in the middle east, whereby

it have been discovered that this country was exporting organically grown veg and fruits to many countries

around the world that were just normally grown veg and fruits using chemicals and pesticides...

I went to look at a 5000 Rai piece of land in Khao Yai. 5K per Rai. (Yes, a few years ago) Not Chanote and the deceased owner's wife and Gik were fighting over the deeds. Another 8000 Rai farm in Khao Yai Noi, same price. The only road up to this plateau overlooking the dam was a a 2 kilometer river bed. A problem for tractors even in the dry season.

There are many large farms held within families in Thailand. Very few are whole and Chanote. but that is changing.

Regards.

The brand name is Merit Food Products, and it's just sound fishy that someone will go from 60 ton

a year yield to 3,000 tons in a matter of few years and from the same size land,

I'd guess there could be a misunderstanding somewhere between the source and the article writer. Mistranslation, 'bad reporting' ?