Oil And Gas In Pattaya

tuky

I heard a rumour at the pub last night that there is an Oil and Gas construction project going on in or around Pattaya, perhaps Laem Chabang.

I heard perhaps someone is building several platforms.

Seeing as this is my field of expertise I would love to know more about it.

Imagine working AT home? wow! that hasn't happened to me for so long I forget.

Has anyone heard/know of anything?

PM me if you want to keep it private.

Which one did you hear about? There are at least 2 big jobs going on around the area in that field.

If its the job I think it is, the platforms are being built in Rayong. however there is another one that is still looking for a home and Laem Chabang has been touted as a likely site.

What information would you like?

Remember the whole area from Sri Racha down to Mabtaphut is well stocked with Oil refineries and Chemical plants. There is also a major consulting firm, Foster Wheeler, near Laem Chabang, so there will be lots of stories floating around.

Foster Wheeler are not a Construction Company, they are an Engineering company and they do not recruit foreigners localy in Thailand.

To work for Foster Wheeler you'll need a minimum of a degree in Engineering and the right experience. You can then apply to one of their offices in Europe or the US and join the que of people looking for assignments in Thailand.

Right now they are only looking for people to go to Iraq.

• 7 years later...

Which one did you hear about? There are at least 2 big jobs going on around the area in that field.

If its the job I think it is, the platforms are being built in Rayong. however there is another one that is still looking for a home and Laem Chabang has been touted as a likely site.

What information would you like?

Foster Wheeler are not a Construction Company, they are an Engineering company and they do not recruit foreigners localy in Thailand.

To work for Foster Wheeler you'll need a minimum of a degree in Engineering and the right experience. You can then apply to one of their offices in Europe or the US and join the que of people looking for assignments in Thailand.

Right now they are only looking for people to go to Iraq.

Not true, my wife is a locally engaged expat Process Engineer and she was recruited within Thailand for FW only this year and prior to that she was recruited within Thailand for UDHE Sheddon.

Hi Man from Oz

Im also in Pattaya looking for Oil and gas positions. Im Electrical and Instrumentation, Mechanical completion and commissioning and inspection.

Any information on local work would be greatly appreciated.

FW are currently building platforms or modules in Laem Chabang for a project in Bangladesh, FW are the EPC contractor.

BG will shortly be building some modules there also for their LNG project in Australia but they are already manned up. Bechtel will be the contractor for the works.

Hi Man from Oz

Im also in Pattaya looking for Oil and gas positions. Im Electrical and Instrumentation, Mechanical completion and commissioning and inspection.

Any information on local work would be greatly appreciated.

FW are currently building platforms or modules in Laem Chabang for a project in Bangladesh, FW are the EPC contractor.

BG will shortly be building some modules there also for their LNG project in Australia but they are already manned up. Bechtel will be the contractor for the works.

Yeap this will be the source of the rumour me thinks....heard a similar thing...

FYI there have been jackets and decks being built for years in Laem Chabang, typically 15-20 a year, so this is hardly a suprise and a bit of a non-event.