Best TV Packages in Hua Hin Area

UKJASE

hey guys, we recently let our TV package expire, and are now on the market to get another one (the wife is starting to talk too much with no tv on)

before we had, what sounds like when my wife says it, "gian tung". they are the local cable tv company that charges 750 B for 3 months. for that you get about 80 channels, with a few decent farang channels in the mix - BBC News, Al Jazeera, ITV Choice, some sports etc

i know that CTH do a deal where UK football is included for about 900B a month - has anyone tried this? what is it like?

the in laws up country have satellite, which a lot of the locals seem to have, but when i had a flick through their channels, all i could find was asian tv

what do farangs in this area find is the best tv packages.......... i dont really want to spend as much as 1000B a month, but may if it sounds a good deal

we are farang and thai wife, living here for the long term

any information thankfully received wai.gif

I have CTH cabel TV and is very happy with it, I have a lot of options, I can switch from Thai to English language on many of my channels with the remote controll.

With more than 142 channels, I just love that I can see movies, news, sport.

And I am a danish lady.

If I want to watch Eurosport I just turn have to change with the remote, but it works and after going to CTH, this channel is now only in english.

• Like 1

I like TrueVisions along with their PVR. I watch quite a bit of TV and can't be bothered to watch it on their broadcast schedule so a PVR is a must. That allows me to record anything I want to watch and watch it on my own time (plus FF through commercials). However with the Platinum package, HD, and the PVR, I pay just over 2k per month (plus an initial outlay of 4k for the PVR hard drive).

Do any of the other satellite or cable services offer a custom PVR designed to work with their system?

• Like 1

I pay half of that, payed for one year and if I wanted longer I would have saved more. I want football and True don't have that anymore, don't want to pay that amount And I can see the team I want, when they play. I have no need to record anything, but think you are able to do, if you want.

hua hin cable, good enough to keep the wife happy and rest my eyes on when i'm bored..

plus we stream or download anything else (sports,uk soaps,films etc) off the net

cost 200 for cable, 600 for internet but i'd pay for internet anyway

Edited by garydubbs

I recently cancelled True Vision. Too expensive, and no choice.

You could if you have Mac try apple tv and or use a vpn, service. which is what I have been doing for the last six months.

VPN varies, and I have found the Very Strong VPN to be excellent. Once you have that connected to your iPad/Mac and you can connect several devices, but not all at the same time, then using the VPN download the BBC & ITV players. Its an auto download, so no set up involved, online 'chat' should you have any installation issues.

Apple TV is about 3,500 Baht, and the VPN using thru UK is USA$55.00 per year.

Will also work on Android.

• 2 weeks later...