Thai Banks Currency Scam

I'm sure it's a very interresting topic....

Actually, it's not.

This is just (yet another) repeat of a the topic started every few months by some unsophisticated tourist who has no understanding of FX and has discovered -- GOOD GOD! -- that a local bank has given him a rate different from the one he found somewhere on the internet.

Thai banks have the lowest spreads I have ever seen for tourist currency exchange. Why that is, I have no idea, but one of these days they are going to figure out the extent to which they are allowing easy profits to slip through their fingers and we are all going to get it in the neck. Even the tourists clods.

• 1 month later...

HAVE YOU ALL HEARD OF COVEAT EMPTOR IS "LET THE BUYER BEWARE", THE BANKS ARE SELLING A SERVICE, THEY ADVERTISE THE BUYING AND SELLING RATE. THE DECISION IS YOURS IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO "PURCASE" CURRENCY !!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you don't like it change it at Thomas Cook in the UK (or any other money exchanger there). They'll only give you about 60 baht for every pound you give them, and then they'll want 78 baht to exchange them back for pounds.

And don't forget the 3 pound surcharge either.....

Now I know where 'farang kii nok' comes from.....

Spot on m8, Had half a dozen m8s over from the Uk not so long back ........

exchange rate their was 62 at the time

here 72

P.s They brought a couple of k a piece changed it at Bkk bank opened a bank account st8 away (foc) and didnt have to worry about losing their cash just used the atm