Proof of residency when I have Work Permit

Hi Guys,

Trying to sign up to this mPay for using NFC on my phone to pay for BTS etc and as a foreigner with no ID Card number I need to apply for it in a store. Now I am a bit confused as to what I am classed as: Obviously not Tha, but am I Foreigner or Residing in Thailand? I live here with a full work permit etc so not really sure as I meet both of the last 2 options.

Part
Attachment
For Thai
-
copy of Identification Card
For Foreigner
-
original and copy of passport
-
copy of habitual residence in Thailand
For Person Residing in Thail
and
-
original and copy of
identification card for foreigner
-
copy of habitual residence in Thailand
Now if I am classed as Foreigner do I need a copy of habitual residence given I have a work permit? I have not been given this proof of residence before by my employer so a bit unsure how I go about it.

That's cool. One final question then is that my wife has a dependants Non Imigrant visa. If she wanted to register for this service in the same way would my work permit allow her to skip the proof of residency section also or would she need to actually obtain this?

That's cool. One final question then is that my wife has a dependants Non Imigrant visa. If she wanted to register for this service in the same way would my work permit allow her to skip the proof of residency section also or would she need to actually obtain this?

One suspects if your the principle account holder you should be able to nominate anyone you want to use your account eg similar to the mobile phone contracts ie a family account

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

What about renewing a drivers license, they always want a letter of residence from imigration.

I don't believe a work permit means anything to most government agencies, they probably don't know what it is.

But when I renew my 5 year DL I will try it and see what happens.

• Like 1

What about renewing a drivers license, they always want a letter of residence from imigration.

I don't believe a work permit means anything to most government agencies, they probably don't know what it is.

But when I renew my 5 year DL I will try it and see what happens.

A WP my friend means everything to all government departments , Banks and other institutions , as stated previously, it is in effect a farangs version of the thai ID card

I can assure you if you have a WP you do not need a letter of residence simply because if your working here you are defacto resident

In nearly 13 years on a WP dealing with banks, government departments etc and have never been asked to provide any other form of proof of residence other than showing the WP

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app