Visa Run - Myanmar - Possible?

I think that the closest border crossing that you can use is Mai Sot in Tak Province. There have been talks about opening the Three Pagodas Pass crossing for border runs, but I think that you can only get a day pass to enter Myanmar and not officially leave and reenter Thailand to activate a new entry, either a visa exempt entry or another entry on you actual visa. If I am wrong I'm sure that someone will be along shortly to correct me! Tak's easy, but it's a PITA getting there from where you are.

I think that if you go back and read my previous post, #2, you will get an explanation of what you can do at the border crossing! The Thais and Burmese can use it but it is not yet open for foreigners other than the day pass as I explained.

As far as your post, a "visa run" is not a "border run". A "visa run" indicates that you want to go to a neighboring country to apply for a new visa. In that case the only place that you can apply for a visa in Myanmar is in Rangoon. If you are referring to a "border run" to activate the next entry on an existing visa or to exit and return to get a "visa exempt" entry then AFAIK the only places that you can do that in Myanmar are Ranong, Mai Sot and Mai Sai.

If you want accurate answers in the future, you should ask accurate questions and be more civil in your responses or you will get answers that match the attitude displayed in your response.

• Like 2

If you are referring to a "border run" to activate the next entry on an existing visa or to exit and return to get a "visa exempt" entry then AFAIK the only places that you can do that in Myanmar are Ranong, Mai Sot and Mai Sai.

Here one more and it is closer too to Three Pagodas than Mae Sot

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/671963-new-kanchanaburi-border-crossing-open/

If you are referring to a "border run" to activate the next entry on an existing visa or to exit and return to get a "visa exempt" entry then AFAIK the only places that you can do that in Myanmar are Ranong, Mai Sot and Mai Sai.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/671963-new-kanchanaburi-border-crossing-open/

Yes, the border is now open at Kanchanaburi ( Pu nam Ron ). I did my last visa run there two months ago. No public transport there though so you need your own wheels or you can charter a Song Taew from Kanchanaburi. Google ' Visa run to Kanchanaburi ' for more details

Edited by trucking

Yes, the border is now open at Kanchanaburi ( Pu nam Ron ). I did my last visa run there two months ago. No public transport there though so you need your own wheels or you can charter a Song Taew from Kanchanaburi. Google ' Visa run to Kanchanaburi ' for more details

Thanks and great info gents. Just did my visa run at the Pu Nam Ron border check point. Easy, simple and by far the closest to Bangkok. 200 km from the center of Bangkok, easy drive, but had to look at a road map a few times as there are few sign yet.

700 baht and 20 min wait at the Thai border.