Yamaha Nouvo Elegance vs Nouvo SX

Pinot

The SX has a Fuel injected 125 Engine same as the much smaller Mio's but a heaver Bike..I assume the 135CC Nuevo has More power since it has a larger engine...Wish Yahama would install Fuel Injection on the 135s then I may buy one....

I love my SX. I rented an elegance (YNE) 135cc for 2 months but I bought a SX in Oct. this year. In my opinion, the only superior feature of the yne is that it has faster take-off. The sx has fast take-off, it is not slow. Just YNE seems faster. The SX is easier to start, because it is fuel injected, has no carburetor. The YNE has a carburetor. The starting difference is noticeable if the bike has been sitting for 3 or 4 days. The electrics are better on the SX, the headlights are noticeably brighter than the YNE. The rear light is LED, so it uses less juice. Both are water cooled.

• 3 weeks later...

I owned Elegance for 2 yrs and really liked it.

Upgraded to SX recently.

I agree with Cigar7.

SX gets way better fuel economy.

Also SX has a kill switch on the side kickstand so you can't accidentally drive off with the thing down.

You will like it.

• 2 months later...

I just bought the SX 125cc. Now i drove about 250km. It feels very comfortable. A nice bike. The only thing i don't like is the digital fuel gauge. When the fuel runs low, the last bar starts to blinking and finally disappear. The tank capacity is 4.3 litters. I just went to refuel and got 3.8 liters fuel (after exactly 140km). So, there was still a half liter in the tank. To me it looks, the fuel gauge is inaccurate, or the alert comes to early.

Is this normal? Do someone else recognize the same?

By the way; the average fuel economy is at 2.6 liters. I try to follow the instructions for the first 1000 km.

Appreciate to read experiences from others....

I just bought the SX 125cc. Now i drove about 250km. It feels very comfortable. A nice bike. The only thing i don't like is the digital fuel gauge. When the fuel runs low, the last bar starts to blinking and finally disappear. The tank capacity is 4.3 litters. I just went to refuel and got 3.8 liters fuel (after exactly 140km). So, there was still a half liter in the tank. To me it looks, the fuel gauge is inaccurate, or the alert comes to early.

Is this normal? Do someone else recognize the same?

By the way; the average fuel economy is at 2.6 liters. I try to follow the instructions for the first 1000 km.

Appreciate to read experiences from others....

it is not a big problem. yes it is not super accurate this way so once the bars disappear, all you need to do is going to a petrol station. Yamaha expects you to do this.

Scooters are manufactured with most short or city rides in mind so they think like you can find a petrol station fast once bars are gone.

If this still bothers you, you can install an analogue fuel gauge which you can find easily and cheap for like 300 - 500 thb from a roadside scooter service shop something and let them install it to your bike.

• Like 1

What about this?

Not quite what you're after, kiniyow, but it is what you wished for.

I owned one of these 135fi Sparks.

Extremely sweet ride.

53km/l in town & 140km/h+ indicated on highway.

post-174911-0-87244500-1396424799_thumb.

How Yamaha achieves this...dunno!

Not a popular bike here...dunno why not.

Little bit cheaper than Nouvo.

Edited by papa al

If this still bothers you, you can install an analogue fuel gauge which you can find easily and cheap for like 300 - 500 thb from a roadside scooter service shop something and let them install it to your bike.

This could be the solution. In this case would the hole dashboard be replaced? Or would they only install (where) an additional fuel gauge?

Before i owned the Nouvo MX. I drove it till the needle goes ca. 5mm below the red mark. Then the fuel tank was almost empty. With the digital fuel gauge it's not longer possible to determine when i really run out of fuel.

Anyway...thanks to your report guys. So i know at least that this is a normal condition.

Edited by alocacoc

This could be the solution. In this case would the hole dashboard be replaced? Or would they only install (where) an additional fuel gauge?

Before i owned the Nouvo MX. I drove it till the needle goes ca. 5mm below the red mark. Then the fuel tank was almost empty. With the digital fuel gauge it's not longer possible to determine when i really run out of fuel.

Anyway...thanks to your report guys. So i know at least that this is a normal condition.

No need to remove anything. It is just s small unit and all you need to do is just attachment it somewhere blank on the dash.

check the photo.

post-184955-0-80221000-1396430959_thumb.