Protest guards arrested for carrying firearms

Lite Beer

Protest guards arrested for carrying firearms
The Sunday Nation

BANGKOK: -- Three protesters acting as security for the anti-government movement were arrested yesterday and charged with carrying firearms, the Centre for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) said yesterday.

The arrests came as national police chief Gen Adul Saengsingkaew urged police take action against those who continued to flout the law.

Capo deputy spokesman Anucha Romyanan said police would also proceed with legal action against those protesters who had intruded on Government House property - obstructed police work, cut power and water supplies, and assaulted police officers. Investigations, he said, had already identified those who had attacked officers and arrest warrants for the culprits would likely be issued tomorrow.

Adul also instructed police to set up checkpoints to keep order and to prevent third parties from creating havoc at protest sites.

As of Friday night, police have arrested seven people for carrying firearms without permission. The three arrested yesterday were released on bail, Anucha said

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-15

• Like 2

3 years seems to have changed RTP attitudes remarkably. Perhaps it wasn't time that did it.

No, they're just following the orders of the Big Boss in exile as always, nothing's changed.

Until such time as ALL these bodies (RTP, Army, Navy, Air Force, and all the Govt panels and bodies etc) are truly independent, the same old shit is going to keep going on and on. Sickening and disheartening.

Edited by Tatsujin
  • Like 2

Showing muscles after the big group left. Big deal.

Prosecute them to the full extent of the law...

......which didn't happen in 2010. OTOH those red guards who were charged almost got an amnesty.

So should they be prosecuted to the full extent of the law......and then given amnesty?

Did they also prosecute the policeman, found carrying a gun & no I.D., who had infiltrated the protest in plain-clothes ? wink.png

No double-standards here ! laugh.png

You familiar with the term undercover??? So that would be the cop was doing his job yeah,,,thumbsup.gif

Undercover? Yet made himself known as an off duty cop?

How does that work :facepalm:

When the hit-the-fan.gif.pagespeed.ce.6UelFDbFNJ. The police are going to be the first to run for the hills and CAPO will be not far behind them. So I will reiterate a post I made in the general section that was locked because it should be here instead.

I believe that the latest political standoff can easily be resolved by giving Mr Thaksin Shinawatra exactly what he wants... Civil War!

It is clear to me and should be clear to everyone on this board that Thaksin has sought division between the north and the south ever since he decided to enter politics.

It is impossible to end the stand off between the north and south divide, and that also goes for all the farang on this board where clearly all those in the north married to their isaan lasses have become indoctrinated in this system of divide like sheep with no purpose in life. So there is only one thing for it, give them exactly what they want. Let the natural process play out and let the 'people decide'.

No point in holding elections,it won't work, there will always be that bitter rivalry and opposition to the result because 50% of Phue Thai votes are paid for. So the system grinds on and Thailand's poor continue to get poorer as the economy is shredded by the rice farmers and the businessmen run for better economical climate in the region and beyond.

Ultimately this system is doomed and will ultimately end in civil war anyway. So why not just cut out the crap and set up a zone just north of Ayutaya and have a mass face off by 'the people'. The red shirts would be chomping at the bit. They are all well armed and could raise an army of say 5 million. While the south can fend them off with their intelligence.

The ultimate prize will be Bangkok. If the reds win, they can stick their red communist flag in the soil in front of government house and declare victory.

I also think that all politicians should be herded together and prevented from leaving the country, so they can enjoy their fate which ever way it goes. Even if a few million die in the war, it is not like it was wasted. If you want power or freedom, you have to fight for it. That is what has happened for thousands of years in the name of tribalism, and tribalism clearly exists today. Instead of marauding, we have tainted elections. That has not worked since 1932. I think it is time we reverted back to a system that works.

I think Thaksin would agree, seeing as it seems to be sat at the top of his agenda and we all know he has little concern over Thai lives.

Just my opinion guys.

• Like 1

......which didn't happen in 2010. OTOH those red guards who were charged almost got an amnesty.

So should they be prosecuted to the full extent of the law......and then given amnesty?

Ah yes Mick but under this government things have moved forward, PTP have obviously learnt from the Abhisit fiasco..........

The PTP government has controlled the protestors from the initial gathering with the minimal injury

PTP rather than try to cling to power have instantly dissolved parliament

Being as the protesters were not armed, it isn't difficult to work out how.

"Instantly dissolve parliament" ........ pull the other one.

• Like 1

Out on bail? That says a lot about this system. Some form of gun control should be part of the next campaign. Easy access to guns ....very high homicide rate. Anyone found in possession of a gun: jail until trial

There are two Thai policemen who have been found guilty of murder and are also out on bail. They are from Kalasin and it was in the BKK Post 1st August last year.

I can't find out what happened to them since.

Did they also prosecute the policeman, found carrying a gun & no I.D., who had infiltrated the protest in plain-clothes ? xwink.png.pagespeed.ic.HJgPQ3U3SA.png

No double-standards here ! laugh.png.pagespeed.ce.SDkxrRteka.png alt=laugh.png pagespeed_url_hash=4020895376 width=20 height=20>

You familiar with the term undercover??? So that would be the cop was doing his job yeah,,,thumbsup.gif.pagespeed.ce.dtxKiAJ9C7.gif alt=thumbsup.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1443177670 width=25 height=19>

A Thai BiB "doing his job yeah" cheesy.gif

But why was he armed, and why didn't he carry any I.D. at all, to prove his 'innocence' if caught, as he was.

Are you familiar with the term agent-provocateur.? whistling.gif

Ah yes Mick but under this government things have moved forward, PTP have obviously learnt from the Abhisit fiasco..........

The PTP government has controlled the protestors from the initial gathering with the minimal injury

Being as the protesters were not armed, it isn't difficult to work out how.

"Instantly dissolve parliament" ........ pull the other one.

Apparently there are reports of the 'guards' being armed, so you are little behind there, but I see you struggle to find fault in my comment so I guess it's the best you could offer....

• Like 1

Thailand's Chief of Police 'URGED' (sic) the police to take action against those who flout the law.....?

Sometimes you wonder if we are living in Thailand or Wonderland.

If the police chief can't issue an order to his subordinates himself then ask his boss in Dubai to do it instead. They will listen to him.

instantly???????? cheesy.gif

It's done, the timing was good...........................handled sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Abhisit fiasco, Suthep left with no one to fight is now looking rather unstable

It's done, the timing was good...........................handled sooooooooooooooooooo much better than the Abhisit fiasco, Suthep left with no one to fight is now looking rather unstable

Thaksin red shirt comes to mind.bah.gifbah.gif

Now check the ballistics on these fire arms and see how many hits have they been used in. As in a comment I made yesterday, these "security guards" are guns for hire, can be used as body guards or hitmen. The same type of guys that appeared in 2010 on both sides. The men in black are well documented on the red side. But there were reports of men in black on army trucks in 2010, now we have Sutheps security all in black.

No politician in this country are innocent, trustworthy or honest.

If any person breaks the law they must be be arrested and the law must take its course, for both sides and for rich or poor. Without the rule of law you cannot have a democracy. Anyone on any side that disagree with this and make the rule of law subject to political views, are playing with fire.

• Like 1

‘urged police take action against those who continued to flout the law’ no need to urge them it’s their job Police just go and do their work, and make sure the criminals are all licked up no 10’000Baht and walk out with gun returned.

Now check the ballistics on these fire arms and see how many hits have they been used in. As in a comment I made yesterday, these "security guards" are guns for hire, can be used as body guards or hitmen. The same type of guys that appeared in 2010 on both sides. The men in black are well documented on the red side. But there were reports of men in black on army trucks in 2010, now we have Sutheps security all in black.

No politician in this country are innocent, trustworthy or honest.

If any person breaks the law they must be be arrested and the law must take its course, for both sides and for rich or poor. Without the rule of law you cannot have a democracy. Anyone on any side that disagree with this and make the rule of law subject to political views, are playing with fire.

This is crazy!

I really can not believe you lot have swallowed this bullshit story.

This was announced by the Thaksin propaganda machine CAPO, they fed it to the nation because it is not reported anywhere else. Not on any Thai news channel, not in any other online news channel.

Where are the pictures that always come with arrests? The three guys sat at a table with the guns laid out in front on the desk and a bunch of happy smiling cops??

Where is any evidence this happened? I will tell you. It never even happened, but you super-naive lot believe it because you 'want to believe it'. They would never have been able to arrest a single guard, they would not have even confronted a guard because it would have caused mayhem and they know it.

lololol so funny you lot can't see that this has been leaked intentionally to discredit the protest guards. Probably because they want to start shooting them on sight. It is coming soon, they government are laying the stage for slughter, and all you gullible people will blame the protesters and guards for any deaths.

Civil war in the next month. I guarantee it. That is Thaksin's main objective.

Edited by thumper101