Phuket mother denies rumor that 7-year-old daughter's body was found

webfact

Phuket mother denies rumor that 7-year-old daughter's body was found
Phuket Gazette

phuketnews_20131216183030882_VIpcpnlAtqZ
The mother of 'Nong Dear' holds out hope that she will find her missing 7-year-old daughter alive. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: -- The mother of 7-year-old Natthapa “Nong Dear” Papkaew today dismissed the rumor circulating across Phuket that the body of her missing daughter had been found.

“I have heard the rumor, but they’re not true. My little girl has not been found,” Jaroon Papkaew told Phuket Gazette today.

Capt Thada Sodarak of the Chalong Police confirmed that his officers had heard the same rumor.

“Don’t believe the rumors on Facebook. They’re not true. Our officers have yet to uncover any information that may lead to Nong Dear,” he said.

“We have checked footage from CCTV cameras in the area, but the footage revealed nothing,” Capt Thada added.

A mass search for Nong Dear was launched after she disappeared near the family home in Soi Koktanode in Chalong (map here) on December 6 (story here).

Ms Jaroon still holds out hope of finding her daughter alive.

“I still believe that she’s alive. If she were dead, we would have found some trace of her by now,” she said.

Ms Jaroon last week consulted a spirit medium after police efforts failed to yield any results in the first week of the girl's disappearance (story here).

Meanwhile, hundreds of people have turned out to help scour the jungle near the Papkaew family home and the undergrowth opposite Ladthiwanaram Temple, also called Wat Tai (map here).

The search continues.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2013/Phuket-mother-denies-rumor-that-7-year-old-daughter-s-body-was-found-23047.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2013-12-17

Dec 6th. Links with the one in Bangkok on the 9th? Where were the band at that point? The Bang Na case involves a man who is touring with a band.

"Where were the band at that point?" - ahhh, don't you mean, "where were the parents at that point?"

Totally in agreement about that. The question is, however, where was the band at the point this girl went missing? Are they touring the country at the moment? Could the police be looking at their "trail" and seeing whether there are any unsolved missing children/rapes reported along the route?

Dec 6th. Links with the one in Bangkok on the 9th? Where were the band at that point? The Bang Na case involves a man who is touring with a band.

"Where were the band at that point?" - ahhh, don't you mean, "where were the parents at that point?"

Totally in agreement about that. The question is, however, where was the band at the point this girl went missing? Are they touring the country at the moment? Could the police be looking at their "trail" and seeing whether there are any unsolved missing children/rapes reported along the route?

In cases like these, isn't the prevention better than the cure?

"Our officers have yet to uncover any information that may lead to Nong Dear,” he said.

“We have checked footage from CCTV cameras in the area, but the footage revealed nothing,” Capt Thada added.

Oh that's OK then, as long as they have exhausted every possible avenue of enquiry....they can take a well-deserved rest now. Wait for an informant to come forward and do their job for them.

In cases like these, isn't the prevention better than the cure?

As I have stated on the "Cartoon" thread. My belief is that the ultimate responsibility has to lie with the authorities who allowed a person with this history to be released without considering whether he was still a danger. In the UK (and many other countries) he would have been detained under the mental health act indefinitely had they considered he was likely to do this again. The legal system (top to bottom) is ultimately responsible for Cartoon's sad and brutal death.

My question, still, is "Are they related?" From which question 1 is "Where have the band been?"

I am really asking whether anybody has any information on that. Is there a Thai site that would have the listings for this band? In England a quick check on "Time Out" would reveal everything they need to eliminate this line of inquiry.

The best reason for this is to establish whether they are looking for another person as dangerous as the man up in Bangkok or whether they can rest in the knowledge that they have their man.

"Our officers have yet to uncover any information that may lead to Nong Dear,” he said.

Oh that's OK then, as long as they have exhausted every possible avenue of enquiry....they can take a well-deserved rest now. Wait for an informant to come forward and do their job for them.

Oh, that's ok then. The police make a reference only to CCTV not helping in their enquiry and you assume that they are not doing anything else to further the investigation. Why would you do that?

There are always many snide remarks regarding the police made here and sometimes I am guilty as the next man. But then when I recall that my wife had to pay for her newly graduated brothers measuring tape for use in accidents, a typewriter as his station didn't have one,and then his firearm, this was thirty years ago, it makes me think.The police were, and still are paid a pittance but I still reckon that maybe they do the best with what they have got. I am fairly sure that they will get to the bottom of this alleged murderers heinous crime and how many he has committed. The parents will live with this forever, especially the father. I feel sorry for him.