AIS prepaid confusion

build6

Hi,

am shopping for a prepaid 1-2 call SIM. Would appreciate some help here -

Shop staff unable to explain clearly the differences between the different "Freedom 3G" SIMs: see e.g. mid-left of http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/Default.aspx - there's quite a few editions? I assume "netsim" is one for data and no voice, micro-netsim = just a microsim, but what's the difference between the "Freedom unlimited SIM" and the "Freedom 3G SIM" (of which there are 2 different packaging types?)

as an aside, I'm finding AIS to not be particularly English-friendly (not just the staff, but the promotional materials, even the website) don't seem to have enough English to allow me to navigate my way through...

I'm leaning towards AIS since I am under the impression that they have better coverage/stability-of-network, am I wrong about this? Cursory click through of DTAC site shows me a LOT more English...

Thank you!

A lot will depend on your equipment, location(s), budget, requirements.

I wouldn't get too hung up the original SIM, just get one which fits your phone.

These different AIS SIMs just have slightly different embedded plans. They have English web pages but they are hard to find. Just use Google Translate to get a feel for the differences.

Just get this one: http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/sim-detail.aspx?type=call&id=20

50 baht, add money, layer on a data plan, done.

• Like 1

got it, thanks a bunch

Google Translate I've found doesn't help so much because Thai web designers just LOVE to use images for their text!

biggrin.png

A lot will depend on your equipment, location(s), budget, requirements.

I wouldn't get too hung up the original SIM, just get one which fits your phone.

These different AIS SIMs just have slightly different embedded plans. They have English web pages but they are hard to find. Just use Google Translate to get a feel for the differences.

Just get this one: http://www.ais.co.th/3g-one-2-call/th/sim-detail.aspx?type=call&id=20

50 baht, add money, layer on a data plan, done.

1175 AIS callcenter Speak very good English

I confirm that. AIS call centers were horrible few years ago, now the AIS people are very helpful, they understand and speak English very well. I've given up searching for solutions on their web site. Same goes for True Move call center.

Web sites are very poorly designed, and so is True Moves web site. Googles translate page is useless, thanks to amateurish web design.

And we are talking about telecom companies that make billions, yet they can't find a designer who has a clue.

You click on 3G packages link, but you are directed to some useless page, instead of a clear list of different plans and cost. One pointless promotion ad after another.. Just forget the web site, and just dial the call center number!

Try using Chrome as a browser, it automatically translates.

that's not the point - if the Thai words are embedded as a picture/graphics, not text, Chrome cannot work with it

(or are you saying that Chrome now can do that too? My Chrome says I am using the latest version but it doesn't do it)

just out of curiosity, what is the difference between this one and the one with the football players on top?

anyways, I got this card, and it works for me... though I discovered I had to manually enter APN settings, as listed off http://www.ais.co.th/3g/setting3g.html which was not something I had been expecting, in this day and age. I got to borrow a DTAC "TriNet" SIM and it was possible to request settings through a USSD code, which I felt was less prehistoric