Abhisit says foreign diplomats concerned about Surapong's claims

webfact

He's lying.It's quite clear the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.At the same time it doesn't want to interfere in Thailand's internal affairs

You have references that support that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd?

Please could you supply them?

Not the usual - support democracy, free and fair elections and resolve peacefully as is the norm. But specifically supporting the elections to be held on 2nd February.

You have called Abhisit a liar - can you substantiate that with fact?

Come on jayboy, provide some proof that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.

To be honest, I don't think you can provide such evidence.

There is no evidence other than statements issued by foreign governments which are a matter of public record.Obviously the language is muted because nobody wishes to be seen to interfere.The preference for a general election,not obviously on a precise day, is very clear.Equally there is a clear wish for all sides to cooperate in a reform process.There is no support for the Suthep proposal.Abhisit pretends that there is no such foreign consensus -essentially backing the government's approach - but this is not the case.

• Like 1

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smile.png

No hesitation to tell porkies.

In reality he doesn't care what the other countries think about him, and his less than truthful comments.

He's just trying to make Thai people believe that other countries support his regime.

Less than honest / no hesitation to twist what others say.

Is this guy appropriate to occupy the very senior position of foreign minister?

It sounds to me like you are a yingluck supporter.

?

He's lying.It's quite clear the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.At the same time it doesn't want to interfere in Thailand's internal affairs

You have references that support that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd?

Not the usual - support democracy, free and fair elections and resolve peacefully as is the norm. But specifically supporting the elections to be held on 2nd February.

Come on jayboy, provide some proof that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.

There is no evidence other than statements issued by foreign governments which are a matter of public record.Obviously the language is muted because nobody wishes to be seen to interfere.The preference for a general election,not obviously on a precise day, is very clear.Equally there is a clear wish for all sides to cooperate in a reform process.There is no support for the Suthep proposal.Abhisit pretends that there is no such foreign consensus -essentially backing the government's approach - but this is not the case.

Spin, as always.

You just said there is no absolute specific proof that other countries mean the 2 Feb date, then you just go crazy with other things trying to prove surapong's claim of support.

Which is it?

Edited by scorecard

I wish all the red misted fools would stop trying to pick arguments over silly things. What Abhisit said is right, they hope that Thailand will deal with its problems, they never said they back the government or they don't...Surapong as the puppet master's relative is doing his job as head of propaganda and trying to twist things to suit him, same as any other political party does and Abhisit is refuting his bs same as any other political party has a right to and should do. I don't see where the reds are trying to argue, this is black and white, I see no grey to argue over.

• Like 1

Spin, as always.

You just said there is no absolute specific proof that other countries mean the 2 Feb date, then you just go crazy with other things trying to prove surapong's claim of support.

Which is it?

My post is very clear and I have nothing to add to it.Certainly it addresses your rather incoherent question.

I wish all the red misted fools would stop trying to pick arguments over silly things. What Abhisit said is right, they hope that Thailand will deal with its problems, they never said they back the government or they don't...Surapong as the puppet master's relative is doing his job as head of propaganda and trying to twist things to suit him, same as any other political party does and Abhisit is refuting his bs same as any other political party has a right to and should do. I don't see where the reds are trying to argue, this is black and white, I see no grey to argue over.

I also did not listen any source affirm they were worried about the 2nd Feb election date.

Or if they are, sure is not about the date, but for those buffons wanting to cancel (they call it postpone) elections.

If reform has to be (and it should be for the good of Thailand), sure must not be under Suthep or Yingluck. But a real neutral panel.

Who believes Suthep will make a People's council, will see what will happen at the end, if for a tragedy he will success.

Abhisit is most likely right. Thaksin has been paying big bucks to different lobby groups for years now in order to secure good press coverage. It's all about the money. Whoever pays more, gets the better coverage.

Thaksin Shinawatra US Lobbying Records (2007-2010)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113667519/thaksin-shinawatra-us-lobbying-records-2007-2010

And that is only what is known. One thing for sure, media is a big business today.

What relevance does yet another cartalucci link have to this thread?

Unfortunately for you, it's Thaksin Shinawatra's US Lobbying Records and they are relevant because all those lobbying groups were/are paid a lot of money to ensure Thaksin's side gets good coverage. Do I need to draw a picture for you. Or any other visual aid to help you comprehend?

Thaksin is the cancer of this country, and it doesn't need a Cartalucci biased article to show us, I guess we are adult enough to see it easily.

Like it is easy to see that another corrupt politician, with family and lobby backing him is trying to force the hand and take the power uncostitutionally and undemorcatically.

Would you deny this? If yes, you are completely sided with him, and that would not need any picture to draw.

P.s.: 50,000 or 5,000 usd per month for a service in your opinion should give good coverage to Thaksin worldwide? So you tell us BBC, CNN, Time, are all bribed? Good to know...

I only guess they tell their opinion, maybe with superficiality and with not much of a competence, but sure accuse them to be bribed it's quite a big statement to be proved...

Edited by newcomer71

...since this government clamped down on the media.....everything 'put out there' has one slant or another....

..always in favor of the government...against any opposition....

...maybe sophisticated for the average 'Somchai'...but people with half a brain and some education can easily see through the manipulation....

...not hard to see with this government's track record..they will stop at nothing to retain power....

• Like 1

All politicians are economical with the subject, they all only use the bits that suit them. Abhisit was born in Newcastle, England and was educated through to Oxford, he understands English very well and how Surapong twists words, mind you he is not alone. Foreign politicians should observe but not interfere in what is going on in this country at the moment, it is to be hoped that all groups will in the end see sense, reform what is clearly wrong and have another go at a new form of Thai Democracy ( shall we call it Thainess?) that is acceptable, more or less, to the country, yes lets try and put the country before individuals.

Abishit and his democrat party is irrelevant now. They do not intend to be a part of the democratic process the election is. They are not a part of the Thai political community any longer. Why should anybody listening to them, or care about them ?The name of this so-called democrat party is also irrelevant, because they are against the democracy.

• Like 1

smile.png

No hesitation to tell porkies.

In reality he doesn't care what the other countries think about him, and his less than truthful comments.

He's just trying to make Thai people believe that other countries support his regime.

Less than honest / no hesitation to twist what others say.

Is this guy appropriate to occupy the very senior position of foreign minister?

I'm sorry, but what Abhisit is saying is a true reflection of what is actually occurring.

There are several countries which have directly come out and said that they wish to see resolution of the conflict by peaceful means, and they have specifically stated that they support the need for reforms. They have not stated that they support the proposed elections in February prior to such reforms.

What CAPO is doing is misrepresenting these countries by implying that these countries are supporting the current regime and that they are in support of the February elections.

All of this is freely available in the international press, so don't start asking me for proof. The only porkies here are those being presented by this corrupt government and its supporting institutions. Don't even get me started on Tarit...!!

Edit to add: Scorecard, the title is about Abhisit refuting CAPO claims, so your post appeared to be against Abhisit; having read your other comments, I now see that you are talking about Surapong telling porkies...!! You need to make it clear who your criticism is aimed at...!!

Edited by GeorgeO

Spin, as always.

Which is it?

My post is very clear and I have nothing to add to it.Certainly it addresses your rather incoherent question.

No, you haven't answered the question, You state that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd. Then when challenged to prove that you can't.

Forgetting the feeble waffle attempt to divert, can you prove your statement? Or would you accept you made a mistake? Or did you intentionally make it up?

Spin, as always.

Which is it?

No, you haven't answered the question, You state that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd. Then when challenged to prove that you can't.

Forgetting the feeble waffle attempt to divert, can you prove your statement? Or would you accept you made a mistake? Or did you intentionally make it up?

Once again read my post.If you are trying to suggest the international community has not given backing to the government's approach, you would be unable to demonstrate it for the simple reason it isn't true.Flail around all you like, you can't alter the facts - because the statements are on record.

If you are trying to make the basis of your case the February 2nd date, grow up.

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

Am intelligent reply to a ill meant post. Well said.thumbsup.gif

In fact, Mr Abisit said after having met with several foreign diplomats, they expressed concern over the rising hostile feelings towards foreign media and countries among the Thai peoples

If the forign diplomats were doing there job properly they would be concerned about what the rising hostile feelings towards foreign media and countries. They would know what is really happening here in Thailand. I wonder if they all drink in the same bar as the foreign journalists who are actually physically here in Thailand.wai2.gif

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

Well in that case he's just plain lying! said countries are voicing support for democratic elections, not Chairman Suthep's insurrection.

Please sort out how to use the quote function. Surapong has not said the foreign governments are on his "side". He said that they support the idea of an election. It's abhisit who's lying and cheating - it does come naturally to him.

Oh please enlighten us to where Abhisit has - naturally - lied to the public, foreign or otherwise. Bear in mind, these - alleged - lies need to be proven and not simply your opinion.

Spin, as always.

Which is it?

If the question is "incoherent" how can you answer it?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you would have been talking to protestors last Sunday in Bangkok you wouldn't make these kind of statements.

I recommend you to have a walk along the protest stages and see what is going on and who is supporting reform.

99% of all foreigners I know and spoke, support reform because they see how this country has been mismanaged more than 2.5 years (or 10 years if you will).

WAGs are not always the best source of info here in LOS.

And maybe your "Bangkok" sources of info are not always what the rest of the country OUTSIDE of the capital and the paid-for-South think. Maybe get out and about a bit more. Just got back from Laos, i speak the lingo, and enjoy a banter with all sorts of types. They are all watching the Thai tv news,To a man (and woman) they despise Suthep, and support the current govnt. "Laos happy, why Thai not happy".

Abhisit is most likely right. Thaksin has been paying big bucks to different lobby groups for years now in order to secure good press coverage. It's all about the money. Whoever pays more, gets the better coverage.

Thaksin Shinawatra US Lobbying Records (2007-2010)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113667519/thaksin-shinawatra-us-lobbying-records-2007-2010

And that is only what is known. One thing for sure, media is a big business today.

Unfortunately for you, it's Thaksin Shinawatra's US Lobbying Records and they are relevant because all those lobbying groups were/are paid a lot of money to ensure Thaksin's side gets good coverage. Do I need to draw a picture for you. Or any other visual aid to help you comprehend?

Thaksin is the cancer of this country, and it doesn't need a Cartalucci biased article to show us, I guess we are adult enough to see it easily.

Like it is easy to see that another corrupt politician, with family and lobby backing him is trying to force the hand and take the power uncostitutionally and undemorcatically.

Would you deny this? If yes, you are completely sided with him, and that would not need any picture to draw.

P.s.: 50,000 or 5,000 usd per month for a service in your opinion should give good coverage to Thaksin worldwide? So you tell us BBC, CNN, Time, are all bribed? Good to know...

I only guess they tell their opinion, maybe with superficiality and with not much of a competence, but sure accuse them to be bribed it's quite a big statement to be proved...

Great. We have established the most important fact - as you admitted yourself Thaksin is the cancer. So in order to save any patient suffering from cancer a precise surgical operation is needed. Cancer must be completely removed if our patient is to be saved.

I don't think Suthep is interested in being PM or leading the country. He is very well aware that he is not up to it. However, Thais should be grateful to him for trying to stop this current criminal lot from completely destroying the country and robbing Thai taxpayers blind. Government which deliberately loses over 13 billion USD just to stay popular in rural areas is not fit to rule. They blew massive hole in Thai economy. Incompetent fools. Thailand needs to introduce accountability, responsibility and transparency into their political culture if the country is to survive.

BBC and CNN have proven record of being biased. They lost all credibility in 2010. Armed red mobsters and black shirt mercenaries could have been seen from the Moon. Somehow both BBC and CNN failed to see them.wink.png

• Like 1

Great. We have established the most important fact - as you admitted yourself Thaksin is the cancer. So in order to save any patient suffering from cancer a precise surgical operation is needed. Cancer must be completely removed if our patient is to be saved.

I don't think Suthep is interested in being PM or leading the country. He is very well aware that he is not up to it. However, Thais should be grateful to him for trying to stop this current criminal lot from completely destroying the country and robbing Thai taxpayers blind. Government which deliberately loses over 13 billion USD just to stay popular in rural areas is not fit to rule. They blew massive hole in Thai economy. Incompetent fools. Thailand needs to introduce accountability, responsibility and transparency into their political culture if the country is to survive.

BBC and CNN have proven record of being biased. They lost all credibility in 2010. Armed red mobsters and black shirt mercenaries could have been seen from the Moon. Somehow both BBC and CNN failed to see them.wink.png

Shin clan MUST be removed from politics, but as them every other corrupt politicians, and Suthep is not any better than them.

I don't say any thanks to him for his rants, totally out of the human patience. And don't be naive, if he will not have a seat, his cronies or sponsors will have, not much different from Thaksin, isn't he?

BBC and CNN are not sided, neither BRIBED as you affirmed in the previous post. They are just hunting the scoop. And so they loved to give news in that way, but believe me. What happened in 2010 is well beyond what me and you and anyone else thinks. Red shirt guerrilla, and unnecessary killings. Both sides are dirty with blood, mainly for the criminal tactics of the Red Shirts, but also for the way force has been used.

No excuses for anyone please.

And this is my last reply, as I think I made clear what I think... Politics in Thailand is highly corrupted, there are no angels, and too many devils.

Of course he can read English - he was born there (in my old home town) and went to bloody Eton and Oxford. He's probably the best educated politician in Thailand.

None of these dodgy Thai universities who give out toilet-tissue degrees for him. He has a PROPER degree from one of the top 4 universities in the WORLD.

And anyone who reads Yahoo for news is a brain-dead cretin.

Edited by Mister Fixit

Abhisit has really shown his true colors here. He says the reason his anti-government protestors are showing anger and hostility towards the foreign countries and media is because a Thai government spokeperson has been lying!!

Yes the government is terrible, but no matter how bad the PTP government and Shinawatras are, Abhisit, Suthep and the Democrats really are a much worst choice and represent oppression.

Of course he can read English - he was born there (in my old home town) and went to bloody Eton and Oxford. He's probably the best educated politician in Thailand.

None of these dodgy Thai universities who give out toilet-tissue degrees for him. He has a PROPER degree from one of the top 4 universities in the WORLD.

And anyone who reads Yahoo for news is a brain-dead cretin.

Degrees mean nothing if the motivations are selfish. All these fancy degrees (and I compare his economics and political science to be the mental equivalent to studying astrology) has just made Abhisit an expert at government propaganda. Lies, Lies and damn Lies. All the time. Even then Abhisit is just a dancing poodle for the puppetmaster.

Abhisit has really shown his true colors here. He says the reason his anti-government protestors are showing anger and hostility towards the foreign countries and media is because a Thai government spokeperson has been lying!!

Yes the government is terrible, but no matter how bad the PTP government and Shinawatras are, Abhisit, Suthep and the Democrats really are a much worst choice and represent oppression.

His anti government protesters? Bugger me, I knew Marvel were trying to get a new actor for 'The Hulk' but didn't realise the Hollywood acting abilities of both Abhisit and Suthep! :rolleyes:

How exactly are they - not too sure who exactly you're referring to here - representing oppression?

Jayboy

"Once again read my post.If you are trying to suggest the international community has not given backing to the government's approach, you would be unable to demonstrate it for the simple reason it isn't true.Flail around all you like, you can't alter the facts - because the statements are on record.

If you are trying to make the basis of your case the February 2nd date, grow up."

The international community have given their backing to trying to resolve the current situation peacefully and through democracy. You show where they have specifically backed PTP, Yingluck or anyone else. They haven't. They chose their words very carefully.

Not one has sprung to the defense of the "elected' PTP government. Wonder why?

I'm not trying to make my case - the fact is you stated that Abhisit was lying based on international support for an election on February 2nd, This is not true and therefore you either made it up or were mistaken. Obviously you childish vanity does not permit you to accept this, so as usual you attempt the "headmaster" tone.

For the benefit of one or two who remain confused the easiest way to obtain clarity is to read the statements issued by foreign governments.These do not support Abhisit's interpretation since they support the current Thai government's approach to the problem.

Edited by jayboy

จดหมายถึงชาวโลก ดีมากๆ แชร์ให้ได้มากที่สุด

Message to the world from Thailand

At the beginning it does say "MASSAGE" to the world from Thailand. How ironic and appropriate!!!

cheesy.gif