Unseen New Thai Tourist Site Found In Upper South

george

Unseen new Thai tourist site found in upper South

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- Thailand has now discovered a new tourist site--unseen with promising prospect--in this upper southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The site, Singkhorn Checkpoint bordering Myanmar, is being developed by local authorities as one of the country's high potential tourist destinations.

Recorded as the kingdom's narrowest point, the Singkhorn Strait with its charming surroundings could attract a large number of visitors in the future if developed, said the authorities on Sunday.

The site's historic value as a warriors' passage in the old days could also be its impressive selling point, the authorities noted.

Development plans of the new tourist destination are being tailored by the local authorities.

Both Thai and foreign visitors are welcome once the development is complete in the near future.

--TNA 2006-05-15

Here's a link with more info on the province:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province

With 418.000 links on Google to the province of Prachuap Khiri Khan, one can hardly say it's a "Unseen new Thai tourist site found in upper South" with Hua Hin as most known city in the north of the province... :o

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

LaoPao ... past Pranburi in the province of PKK there is little tourism at all other than some Thai tourism to the national park.

it is a pretty area! If only the water were better for snorkelling/diving!

HH's beaches are WAY nicer than Pattaya and they have done an amazing job of cleaning them up over theyears. They even wash the sand where the horses hang out on the beach at Hua Hin!

I am sure that I went to that border point with the teachers from our school in March. There was nothing there but a line of trucks preparing to cross the border, some tacky souvenir shops and a few odds and ends being sold on the ground. If this was indeed the place being proposed for an unseen beauty spot then I pity the investors for their stupidity.

I am sure that I went to that border point with the teachers from our school in March. There was nothing there but a line of trucks preparing to cross the border, some tacky souvenir shops and a few odds and ends being sold on the ground. If this was indeed the place being proposed for an unseen beauty spot then I pity the investors for their stupidity.

Well, they did say that the beauty was unseen. :o

Well, they did say that the beauty was unseen. :o

Well, I guess I should be running over there ASAP and opening up a beer bar, before the real estate prices skyrocket !