3 Thai Men Sexually assault 2 Russian Women at knife point

Rimmer

I often say people goinig into Vacation mode in their brains when they arrive, they are so bent on having fun that common sense starts to go out the window

For instance driving motorbikes in a unfamiliar enviroment at high rates of speeds, walking along the beach at 5am in the morning or in this case bringing the wrong person or persons home with you. Of course I do not blame these poor girls, should not happen to anyone and only hope they get better both emotionally and physically and the criminals brought to justice.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

the girls were raped so obviously there was a crime commited. of course you will understand little of the ways of women so i must forgive your ignorant speculation
From what I read, only the version of events described by the women has been reported. Just because someone says they were raped proves nothing. If an investigation produces evidence that an unwanted and forced (not sure of the precise elements of the crime under Thai law) sexual encounter occurred, then you would be correct in your current speculation that a rape occurred.

If this is the case, one hopes the evidence is sufficient to locate and apprehend the suspects and convincing enough to convict them in a court of law and that they would receive an appropriate prison sentence.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

so all thai's are good! and if one says something rude then that is ok to be brutally attacked!

i assume you are thai by your avatar

Ughh, I should never have attempted sarcasm, it clearly didn't work. Even JsixPack now thinks Im completly retarded.

No, I dont blame the victims, especially something as horrible as rape, and not just rape, rape at knife point. I cant think of anything more traumatising a woman can experience.

Oh, the avatar... Never occured to me I look Thai. Maybe its the oversized shades. I wouln't use my passport pic as avatar.

A small tip about internet lingo: double exlamation sign after a sentence usually means sarcasm. I thought it was very clear in my post.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

It was clear. Don't worry about it. Some folks are just too dim to understand subtlety and sarcasm.

• Like 1

valgehiir was being sarcastic because he is apparently upset anyone would offer alternative theories about why seven men would give a farang a beating and sees them as apologists.

For the record, whatever may have caused the seven to beat the man does not justify it but it might explain why.

After reading all of the posts on that incident, I would disagree that "half the posters there say he deserved" being beaten. Some may have but many did offer suggestions as to why it may have happened. There is a difference.

Either that or they're just apologists and members of the 'Thais can do no wrong against farangs' Club. Perhaps you're a charter member?

Edited by johnsonspot

so all thai's are good! and if one says something rude then that is ok to be brutally attacked!

Ughh, I should never have attempted sarcasm, it clearly didn't work. Even JsixPack now thinks Im completly retarded.

No, I dont blame the victims, especially something as horrible as rape, and not just rape, rape at knife point. I cant think of anything more traumatising a woman can experience.

Oh, the avatar... Never occured to me I look Thai. Maybe its the oversized shades. I wouln't use my passport pic as avatar.

A small tip about internet lingo: double exlamation sign after a sentence usually means sarcasm. I thought it was very clear in my post.

Best to only use the 'Quote' function in future, do not clip posts.

I understood your post but I can understand how it got misinterpreted.

It was clear. Don't worry about it. Some folks are just too dim to understand subtlety and sarcasm.

it was not clear. and certainly not subtle. if most people reading dont get it then it has lost its intent.

Edited by Rimmer
Flame
  • Like 1

Russian girls must have done something to provoke the Thais. Maybe the girls said something rude to Thai guys!!? Maybe they used tge F word. Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back. Also, we dont know the whole story! Im sure there is more to this, than the police report says. Am I right, guy!? Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Presume this is a particularly ignorant and insensitive wind-up.

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

the girls were raped so obviously there was a crime commited. of course you will understand little of the ways of women so i must forgive your ignorant speculation
From what I read, only the version of events described by the women has been reported. Just because someone says they were raped proves nothing. If an investigation produces evidence that an unwanted and forced (not sure of the precise elements of the crime under Thai law) sexual encounter occurred, then you would be correct in your current speculation that a rape occurred.

If this is the case, one hopes the evidence is sufficient to locate and apprehend the suspects and convincing enough to convict them in a court of law and that they would receive an appropriate prison sentence.

i note you have edited to remove 'histerical speculation'. you really do lack empathy. perhaps you should enquire as to what that in itself identifys a person as being. thank God that India and Russia have outlawed the likes

No evidence as of yet. One should not be so quick to believe everything a woman says. It doesn't happen much, but it happens nonetheless:

http://www.delawareonline.com/article/20131217/NEWS01/312170088/DSU-student-who-cleared-rape-charges-sues-school

it was not clear. and certainly not subtle. if most people reading dont get it then it has lost its intent.

There is a difference between 'not clear enough sarcasm on the internet' (which is fair enough) and 'still not getting it after the author has clarified his position atleast 3 times', which suggests a mild reading comprehension disorder. Something I think you have.

• Like 1

Farlangs pay 1000 baht plus for a Thai lady

Thai men pay 500 baht in a court fine

Crime pays in Thailand

Maybe not. There is a post in this thread, quoting the trial judge sentencing the 3 Thai men, who raped Russian women 1 year ago. They all received harsh sentences, and well deserved.

If these guys will be caught, and rape charges stand, they will receive at least 20 years each.

Thailands justice system often gives yearly amnesties, and to violent crimals too. They could be out after serving 5 years. Violent offenders should not be eligible for any amnesty.

Poor judgement on the part of the women but they are the victims. I think the men will be caught. Traced through

the phones or the shops they sell them at. Justice may not be swift but the Thai police will want to minimize any

fallout with the Russian travel agent association, They will be caught quickly but final sentencing will take a long time.

...reverting back to the dark ages....???

...look around....rap...break dancing...punk....anything form 30-40 years ago in the rest of the world is 'new' here...and Thais invented it, by the way...

...not to 'bash'...but this is the reality...infrastructure...thrown over a jungle...with uneducated masses....

..all suffering from the delusion of their 'greatness'.....60 million people on a speck of land....xenophobic and racist.....

...for the record....there is a lot I like here...but not the hostility and injustice directed to foreigners.......

...as for Thai men and Western women.....I had a Thai taxi driver talk to me about women....when he began about 'foreign women'....it was scary.....

...he had a crazed look in his eye.....he was literally salivating....he was beside himself...he even had to stop the car by the side of the road.....

...I just smiled weakly...but I was shocked...speechless....petrified....

(All I can say is that I was born and raised in Montreal...English..French..Greek.Italian..Irish..Dutch..Slavic countries..German..African...and practically any other Nationality you can think of....aside from the French and English tension which dates back over 400 years....nobody was ever singled out....)

The problem here in Thailand is ALL NON-THAI are singled out.....targets...victims....with no recourse....and NOTHING civil is ever done to change things

Never mind the HUGE monetary contribution of tourists and foreign companies....

(Where would Thailand be without the car industry for example.....but the Japanese are mocked behind their backs for being fools....)

Fault a man for wanting a woman.....with the women taught from an early age to 'play' them...with those sick pageants..

..the end result is those girls grow up...and with nothing the country can offer them.

..this multi-faceted 'unofficial industry' (lure the foreign man and dupe him of all you can) has evolved....

..the flipside is we are unwelcome guests and as far as the Thai man is concerned....we are to blame....and must be taught a lesson.....

...and with no laws or repercussions or moral guidance....this free-for-all has ensconced itself....

..from stabbings...to murders...to 'suicides' off balconies or a hard, cold, bathroom floor....

...the Westerners...alcohol...drugs.....sex......and worse..... all served to them on a platter...by Thais....

..and the price...insult..ridicule...slander...entrapment....coercion...all they have...all they own..their pensions...their children's inheritance... their lives...

...and for the women....any form of indignity they can be subjected to....rape...kidnapping...stabbing...murder.....

(I would still like someone to try to get an update on a Russian (?) woman who was found wandering in the wilderness several months ago....)

...because they can't understand the language they deem her drunk or drugged or crazy...then throw her in prison or an asylum...???

....to me it sounded like she has been kept prisoner and abused...and escaped...scared out of her mind...wandering the forest....

(....the 'culture card'...here and anywhere in the world....always works in Thais' favour....and they are always right..and faultless..)

...scary delusion.....

(...in this midst....I struggle, dodging the minefields...stranded like many others...trying to hold on to my daughters...all I have left...)

...all you hi-so...high rollers...with your condescending remarks...keep them to yourselves...if you don't care an iota about right/wrong or your fellow man...

....you are the poorest of us all...

(...trusting someone...marrying them..or similar...being betrayed...lied to...robbed...is not a crime...the crime was committed by the other party...)

...and if you trivialize it because you still have assets and a balance in you bank accounts...I hope you get a good taste of it one day....

• Like 1

Russian girls must have done something to provoke the Thais. Maybe the girls said something rude to Thai guys!!? Maybe they used tge F word. Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back. Also, we dont know the whole story! Im sure there is more to this, than the police report says. Am I right, guy!? Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not necessarily any of these things. Possibly the girls thought the guys were cute and nice and just went along for the fun. Maybe there was a promise for some blow, or booze, or nothing but a good time. Very sad, and I hope they catch these guys and they go in deep for a long time.

There should be some kind of education campaign though. These girls are not in their hometown, they are in a foreign country. Keep the party in the club, don't go up to some strangers' room. I'm not blaming them, but foreigners do need to stop leaving their brains at home when traveling. discretion and responsibility are required when you are not on your home turf.

valgehiir was being sarcastic because he is apparently upset anyone would offer alternative theories about why seven men would give a farang a beating and sees them as apologists.

For the record, whatever may have caused the seven to beat the man does not justify it but it might explain why.

After reading all of the posts on that incident, I would disagree that "half the posters there say he deserved" being beaten. Some may have but many did offer suggestions as to why it may have happened. There is a difference.

You say there is no justification for 7 men beating an unarmed tourist, using steel bars. But there may be explanation.

No, there is no explanation.

There is no explanation to why men commit rape, and group of 7 men beating an unarmed tourist.

Explaining why 7 men attacked one tourist, and were using steel bars to beat him is justifying their action. There cant be an explanation. The explanation is that they saw an opportunity to kick the s**t out of a foreigner. You say there may be an alternative theory. What is the alternative, please? That he was rude to them? Speculating what may have led to this assault, saying they have had good reason to attack is justifying their action.

Just as expaining what led 3 men to rape these women last night, is justyfing it. Explanation may be that these men were horny.

• Like 2

By experience I would rather think that the real story here is that the two Russian women went to the Thai guys room expecting to be paid for their services, and that is why they took the risk of going to the room-but it didnt happen-the tables were turned-why else would any sane woman go to any strangers room,especially three strangers.The story that is printed here would be the Gohok version to gain sympathy from the police.Prostitutes are a very wiley breed,especially experienced girls and they are sometimes very confident that they can control any man,which I would say normally they can,at least until his semen has been released, then it may be another story.

I would agree with you except that I don't think pros would report things to the police, especially if they were expat pros.

i note you have edited to remove 'histerical speculation'. you really do lack empathy. perhaps you should enquire as to what that in itself identifys a person as being. thank God that India and Russia have outlawed the likes

Yes, I often edit my posts for clarity, civility, and succinctness...is that not allowed in your universe?

What does "empathy" have to do with my post? I merely said the fact someone reports a "crime" doesn't mean one actually occurred. Why do we have criminal statutes making it a crime to make a false criminal report if such instances never occur. I only said that what we know as reported in this limited press account is one side of a possible criminal act having occurred. It is now up to the police to investigate and see if there is evidence to substantiate the womens' claims. If the polixe find evidence of a crime hopefully they can find and arrest the suspects.

A prosecutor may then bring a charge of rape in court, where such evidence can be tested and guilt or innocence determind. So all I am saying is the report of a crime has been made and let's let the police and judiciary do their jobs and hopefully justice will be done.

• Like 1

a highly inflammatory post has been removed, I've tried to clean up the responses to it as well.

DO NOT post this kind of thing, regardless of your intent, it was a troll pure and simple - designed to inflame and incite anger.

Exactly one year from the day of the other well publicised occurrence here

Wow that is bizarre!

Catch these "low-life" and maybe two crimes will be solved (if last years is still unsolved)

Convictions in 11/2013 for the previous assault & rapes

The Judge sentenced the three men as follows:

• Khun Vichien aged 36 was sentenced to 41 years in Prison.

• Khun Tongchai aged 21 was sentenced to 21 years and 6 months in Prison.

• Khun Anuwat aged 33 was sentenced to 46 years and 6 months in Prison.

Good news.....let's hope that these scum are caught and get the same sentences

The blame is always put on women for doing the "wrong" thing. Some girls let some boys into their room and got raped--it's the girls' fault for letting boys into their room in the first place. I hope one day this double standard will stop being used to blame victims.

As a 'pupil barrister', I oversaw numerous cases in the UK where girls reported having been raped, and it was clear that there were many cases where women were simply "crying wolf" to get back at someone who had spurned them; however, with a background in law and psychology, I truly believe that I was able to readily identify the "sincere" from the "woman scorned".

There is no doubt that amongst the real cases of rape, there are also malicious cases that are pursued, but I can assure you that in all cases, there is invariably an element of revenge or recompense for some embarrassment caused to the complainant.

I find it difficult to apply any maliciousness in the claims of these ladies, since there is no evidence of any prior relationship between them and the accused.

Even if, as has been suggested by some posters, these ladies were providing services "for sale" (despite the fact that this is considered to be an illegal activity in Thailand), there can be no excuse for anyone forcing themselves on any other human being.

If these "gentlemen" had indeed lured the ladies to their room with the sole purpose of raping them, then they should face the full extent of the law, as depicted in some of the earlier posts.

the 12 smiles of Thailand yes....there is a book about it that tourists and expats should read once but yes - any woman getting raped is bad.... hopefully they were not going with the men to get paid and then not get paid... which would not be good either... but to get beat up and raped for no money is not cool anywhere.. and then too lose I phones as well... can track them that way... hoohaa... another sad day for Thailand ... let 's see what happens if the guys get caught...

I'm not trying to put down the 2 women.But going to A strangers hotel room.Thats warning flags right there.Three men also.I really believe everyone should have some kind of defense today.Pepper spray,Maybe A knife,stun gun etc.I mean I'm A male I keep A weapon with me.Just to many crazies out there today.

2 girls back to a room with 3 men ???? Late at night ???? Trouble !! ... Hope they are ok

Only when the 3 men are savage, scumbag, animals.

Myself and my two college housemates had girls back every weekend for four years. In various difference numbers. Oddly enough there was never any sort of violent gang rape. :rolleyes:

• Like 2

The blame is always put on women for doing the "wrong" thing. Some girls let some boys into their room and got raped--it's the girls' fault for letting boys into their room in the first place. I hope one day this double standard will stop being used to blame victims.

As a 'pupil barrister', I oversaw numerous cases in the UK where girls reported having been raped, and it was clear that there were many cases where women were simply "crying wolf" to get back at someone who had spurned them; however, with a background in law and psychology, I truly believe that I was able to readily identify the "sincere" from the "woman scorned".

There is no doubt that amongst the real cases of rape, there are also malicious cases that are pursued, but I can assure you that in all cases, there is invariably an element of revenge or recompense for some embarrassment caused to the complainant.

I find it difficult to apply any maliciousness in the claims of these ladies, since there is no evidence of any prior relationship between them and the accused.

Even if, as has been suggested by some posters, these ladies were providing services "for sale" (despite the fact that this is considered to be an illegal activity in Thailand), there can be no excuse for anyone forcing themselves on any other human being.

If these "gentlemen" had indeed lured the ladies to their room with the sole purpose of raping them, then they should face the full extent of the law, as depicted in some of the earlier posts.

Your points are very well taken. There is also the issue of the legal definition of "rape" varies so much from country to country and also with the different political subdivisions if some countries. Some jurisdictions have very "liberal" definitions of what constitutes the crime of rape and others have a more "conservative" one.

In some jurisdictions, the mere act of physically restraining a person (even while fully clothed) in the context of expressing sexual interest in them constitutes "rape." At the other extreme, others require there to have been actual unwanted sexual penetration of one person by the other. It may also be specified that the one making the rape claim actively resisted the attacker. If there is no penetration, only the crime of battery, kidnapping, and other serious offenses can be charged but not rape. I don't know what the law us in thailand regarding rape. It is a serious problem as the recent cases of Nong Cartoon in Bangkok and the university student in khon keon make clear.

So many guys commented on this story,without knowing much about Russian ladies.They are a lot different than west European or American ladies.Those girls weren't prostitutes.Russians girls love to drink.Anyone who looks young and decent and offers them a free drinks, they will be a willing souls.They were expecting to get a good time with this Thai boys.If the Thais didn't hit them and pooled a knife on them,they wouldn't have a problem scoring.How sad.

• Like 1

My second call would have been to the local Russian Mafia, they have a way of dealing with this I am sure !!

This can be a dangerous country if you hang out in the wrong places with the wrong people.

World wide there is no excuse for the way women are treated. By the way, I am a man who was taught to respect women, even if they did not respect me, just walk away !!

Jerry

By experience I would rather think that the real story here is that the two Russian women went to the Thai guys room expecting to be paid for their services, and that is why they took the risk of going to the room-but it didnt happen-the tables were turned-why else would any sane woman go to any strangers room,especially three strangers.The story that is printed here would be the Gohok version to gain sympathy from the police.Prostitutes are a very wiley breed,especially experienced girls and they are sometimes very confident that they can control any man,which I would say normally they can,at least until his semen has been released, then it may be another story.

Nail on the head !!!!