VIDEO: Tomboy awarded 'golden whistle' by Suthep

webfact

VIDEO: Tomboy blows whistle at Yingluck, awarded a golden whistle from Suthep
By Coconuts Bangkok

whistle_1.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Last night at the Democracy Monument, anti-government protest leaders invited Pattanan Leeluan, a whistle-blowing tomboy from a recent viral video, on stage to award her with a brand-new golden whistle for her loud, shrieking statement.

Pattanan became famous among netizens when footage of her blowing a plastic whistle at caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra in Phetchabun province went viral.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cItWSnMRLNQ

"You can arrest me!" Pattanan challenges the prime minister.

Yingluck keeps calm. "No, no arrests here. You can blow the whistle all you want. But can I shake your hand? Thank you," says Yingluck. The two had a conversation as Pattanan says she is from Bangkok but visited Petchabun for work. Then Yingluck reached out [read more...]

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/12/26/video-tomboy-blows-whistle-yingluck-awarded-golden-whistle-suthep

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2013-12-26

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should have given her a new pair of underwear!

During her short encounter with Yingluck, she seemed so "kreng-jai", that I am sure she wetted her pants!coffee1.gif

She's a tomboy, but I doubt that Yingluck is her type.

Edited by PeterSmiles

During her short encounter with Yingluck, she seemed so "kreng-jai", that I am sure she wetted her pants!coffee1.gif

It seems to me that she was rather scared. After her brave and solitary action, she probably had no idea about what could happen to her.

Edited by MGP
  • Like 1

It seems to me that she was rather scared. After her brave and solitary action, she probably had no idea about what could to happen to her.

Indeed she could as well have been beaten up by some red thugs for expressing her opinion .

• Like 1

This is all getting very sad.

suthep rewards a "tomboy" with a golden whistle for her services to democracy by blowing a whistle at Yingluck, having a chat and then giving a respectful wai whist being videoed. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-034.gif

• Like 1

This is all getting very sad.

suthep rewards a "tomboy" with a golden whistle for her services to democracy by blowing a whistle at Yingluck, having a chat and then giving a respectful wai whist being videoed. tuzki-bunny-emoticon-034.gif

I'd call it pathetic.

• Like 1

At least it's an improvement over the way red thugs express their opinions, in which they resort to grenade throwing and burning down shopping malls.

Suthep's groupies on Thaivisa are becoming increasingly desperate as they try to change the subject to "red thugs" on every thread to deflect attention from his embarrassing behaviour.

I think Suthep gets his point well through without having to resort to violence, of course this not always to the satisfaction of his opponents who like to call it an embarrassment, but I have never seen so many people in a demonstration seemingly wanting to get embarrassed.

At least it's an improvement over the way red thugs express their opinions, in which they resort to grenade throwing and burning down shopping malls.

Suthep's groupies on Thaivisa are becoming increasingly desperate as they try to change the subject to "red thugs" on every thread to deflect attention from his embarrassing behaviour.

I think Suthep gets his point well through without having to resort to violence, of course this not always to the satisfaction of his opponents who like to call it an embarrassment, but I have never seen so many people in a demonstration seemingly wanting to get embarrassed.

...and...ahm...what "point" would that be, exactly?

• Like 2

Indeed she could as well have been beaten up by some red thugs for expressing her opinion .

Blowing a whistle in someone's face is expressing an opinion?

You must be a bit behind the times.

It's a +1 in Thai society

Something the PTP fascist Tarit tried to ban online

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Thait Spot
  • Like 1

definition of greng jai is to be respectful and courteous or afraid to offend. So I don't see she was wetting herself, as you suggest? coffee1.gif

I understand She (the whistle blower) is the daughter of the Democrat PM in Petchabun province! And that contrary to some on here, she did not want Yingluck to touch her, When she tried to shake hands.

Edited by ggold

Really "without having to resort to violence",

Well according to the latest photo's in facebook a police officer was shot and killed today, there was also an arrest of the shooter.

If this is correct and I say IF,,, as facebook is not the most reliable sources of information, Then RIP the police officer and for the shooter KARMA will come back to you.

<snip>

she did not want Yingluck to touch her, When she tried to shake hands.

But of course - she was too busy waiing Yingluck. wai2.gif

Which is also a way of showing you mean no physical harm wai2.gif It is the same when a Thai person bends lower if close to you when passing, to show they mean no harm, it is a cultural thing!

Edited by ggold

Having actually seen the "Red Thugs" in action first hand I think we need reminding that there are ways to protest without violence,

• Like 1

definition of greng jai is to be respectful and courteous or afraid to offend. So I don't see she was wetting herself, as you suggest? coffee1.gif

I understand She (the whistle blower) is the daughter of the Democrat PM in Petchabun province! And that contrary to some on here, she did not want Yingluck to touch her, When she tried to shake hands.

If she indeed is the daughter of a Democrat MP, her parents failed miserably in her upbringing!

Going around on her Fino giving blowjobs in a public area!!

I didn't know there were any Democrat MP's?

1509414.GIF

can I claim a Freudian slip thinking of PM but meant MP, giggle.gif