Calling Cards Usa - Thailand Cell?

moo7

i've tried using www.callingcards.com but they are apparently falsly advertising their rates. i've purchased two cards from them and so far their rates are off by 3 cents and 10 cents per minute.

if anyone has any good leads on calling cards (preferably rechargeable) please let me know.

thanks

moo

i've tried using www.callingcards.com but they are apparently falsly advertising their rates. i've purchased two cards from them and so far their rates are off by 3 cents and 10 cents per minute.

if anyone has any good leads on calling cards (preferably rechargeable) please let me know.

thanks

moo

If you are looking for rate to call from USA to Thailand, I suggest you try "www.onesuite.com". I think its $0.105/min, and their customer service are excellent as well.

Edited by OZONE

I use iDPhoneCard, $0.064 per minute (6.4 U.S. cents). SkypeOut is $0.115 per minute (11 1/2 U.S. cents). All rates quoted here are to mobile phones in Thailand; calls to fixed lines are less expensive typically.

iDPhoneCard has a few nifty features, one of which allows you to set up favorite phones, and using your calling party ID you immediately enter the system without the need to use your password. So you use a speed-dial (one-button) and you're in, then enter 011 66 0n nnn nnnn.

Call completion can be challenging but that is more of a function of issues in Thailand rather than with the iDPhoneCard's systems.

You should be able to send SMS'es to a Thai mobile from your mobile, but check with your provider for specifics. 1-2-Call pre-paid and dTAC post-paid customers can send SMS'es to the U.S.A., I know from first-hand success. Not sure about other pre-paid providers like True Move (Orange), dTAC, Hutch. Maybe they have to register for that capability?

Calls from a Thai mobile to the U.S.A. (doesn't matter if the called party is a mobile or fixed line) range from 6 baht (009 prefix) to 9 baht (+1 prefix) per minute (exclusive of VAT).

I’m conducting research on advance VoIP technology in this regions including Thailand. Virtual access anywhere world wide calling with low rate per minute & low fix rate for unlimited calls to selected countries.

Paying a low fix rate for unlimited calls probably could be best solutions with no worry about whether phone companies over charge our calling minutes. Better cost control & can be shared among friends & associates making unlimited IDD calls. :o

• 2 weeks later...
So you use a speed-dial (one-button) and you're in, then enter 011 66 0n nnn nnnn.

I think that the second zero (0) in your example is not necessary. I usually just dial 011 66n nnn nnnn or from my mobile phone +66n nnn nnnn.

No big deal though... some folks like pressing buttons. :o

Edited by Gumballl

So you use a speed-dial (one-button) and you're in, then enter 011 66 0n nnn nnnn.

I think that the second zero (0) in your example is not necessary. I usually just dial 011 66n nnn nnnn or from my mobile phone +66n nnn nnnn.

No big deal though... some folks like pressing buttons. :o

It was a typo, obviously the call would not go through if dialled with the local, leading zero. Presumably we'll have to dial a leading 8 when the new 10 digit numbering plan gets implemented? (011 66 8n nnn nnnn)

For most calling card services the "+" is not recognized so you have to use the 011 international access code. Most mobile operators in the U.S. do recognize the "+" code so it can be used for a standard, direct-dial international call.

Tel3Advantage appears to be ten U.S. cents per minute to Thailand (mobile) and maybe six U.S. centa per minute to a fixed line in Thailand, but it's hard to tell from their website?

I pay $0.16/min when using my Vonage phone line. Perhaps not the best price, but it works for me. And it's better than my mobile phone which costs $1.50/min :o

Yes, my calling card is $0.064 per minute (assumes free local access to an 800 number) so less than half the price of Vonage, and I can make these calls from anywhere in the U.S.A. As mentioned previously, SkypeOut is $0.115 per minute. Can you send an SMS via Vonage to a Thai mobile?

Edited by lomatopo