Court dismisses action brought by Thaksin

webfact

Never claimed I was right. But no one here has so far been able to answer me why no extradition was sought to bring him to Justice here in Thailand.

Personally I think you are all a bunch of hypocritical fascists who are using the corruption charges as an excuse to get rid of this man who was elected by a majority of the Thai people.

Now I will leave you all at peace to spew your hatred against Thaksin and the Thai democratic system. Have fun.

I answered your question in post #52, do you read what other write or are you so busy posting your own whatever it is?

Ditto re post#58 (mine)

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A fugitive from the law who jumped bail and later claimed his sentence was "politically motivated" should not have the right to file any law suits at all with the very justice system he so clearly detested in the first place. "Damaged reputation"? Oh dear, he lost his reputation the very moment he decided to deceive the court, jump bail and even declined to appeal the original verdict.

This is the same country where u can kill a policeman in your ferrari whilst high on coke doing 150mph, skip court and bail and claim illness and the charges are dropped.

The evidence didn't stand up in court.

Indeed. The first thing the BiB did after following the coolant trail from the accident site to the culprit's villa was to help set up a scape goat who would claim to have been the driver instead of the "Boss". When that failed they messed up collecting evidence like blood samples to determine alcohol and drug level of the driver.

Except in this case Thaksin's opponents had ample time in Government to submit charges to Interpol, why didn't they? Surely it wasn't because they wanted to cut Thaksin some slack, can't see any reason other than them fearing it would be rejected.

Probably for the same reason they let him flee the country with all those suitcases. Not because of some bogus reason that our friends of Thaksin wish to manufacture, but due to the Thai establishment's desire to work out some form of compromise and accommodation with one of their own. However, since Thaksin always reneges, the Thai establishment have painfully learned that there is no peace with this man and the current demnstrations are a reflection of the realisation by many that until he and his family are removed from the political stage there will be no reconcliation worth the paper it maybe printed on.

Sorry I actually laughed at "compromise with own of their own". clap2.gif Must be the same reason they were trying to make "terrorism" charges stick (they didn't) knowing they carry the highest possible penalty.

Some will understand better than you the dynamics of Thai ruling class politics, within which Thaksin represents no more than an internal spilt but in addition rather more in that he wishes to capture total state power. It is this which elevates him to a different and more dangerous plane. What we do know for sure is that Thaksin was caught bang to rights laundering money through immediate family members and the family chauffeur. The problem for Thaksin's cheerleaders is bouncing backwards between the Thaksin is innocent cry and the meally-mouthed he is no more guilty than others junk. The accommodation deal as it applies to the present is that de facto reconciliation was in place with the election of Yingluck as long as she didn't turn the government into a crude vehicle for Thaksin's return. Even here a portion of the establishment was prepared to roll over, but the 4am stink and the challenge to the State with the challenge to the EC, showed yet again Thaksin's inability to resist the temptation to be the Overreacher of our time and so anyagreement broke under the pressure of a mass revolt. Thaksin's apologists maybe frantically attempting to re-write the script but it always, always comes back to the same issue, not policies, not issues other than the interests of one man. It is quite embarrassing sometimes to read the bolier room justifications for Thaksin's interests but hey ho.

Excellent post

Probably for the same reason they let him flee the country with all those suitcases. Not because of some bogus reason that our friends of Thaksin wish to manufacture, but due to the Thai establishment's desire to work out some form of compromise and accommodation with one of their own. However, since Thaksin always reneges, the Thai establishment have painfully learned that there is no peace with this man and the current demnstrations are a reflection of the realisation by many that until he and his family are removed from the political stage there will be no reconcliation worth the paper it maybe printed on.

Sorry I actually laughed at "compromise with own of their own". clap2.gif Must be the same reason they were trying to make "terrorism" charges stick (they didn't) knowing they carry the highest possible penalty.

Some will understand better than you the dynamics of Thai ruling class politics, within which Thaksin represents no more than an internal spilt but in addition rather more in that he wishes to capture total state power. It is this which elevates him to a different and more dangerous plane. What we do know for sure is that Thaksin was caught bang to rights laundering money through immediate family members and the family chauffeur. The problem for Thaksin's cheerleaders is bouncing backwards between the Thaksin is innocent cry and the meally-mouthed he is no more guilty than others junk. The accommodation deal as it applies to the present is that de facto reconciliation was in place with the election of Yingluck as long as she didn't turn the government into a crude vehicle for Thaksin's return. Even here a portion of the establishment was prepared to roll over, but the 4am stink and the challenge to the State with the challenge to the EC, showed yet again Thaksin's inability to resist the temptation to be the Overreacher of our time and so anyagreement broke under the pressure of a mass revolt. Thaksin's apologists maybe frantically attempting to re-write the script but it always, always comes back to the same issue, not policies, not issues other than the interests of one man. It is quite embarrassing sometimes to read the bolier room justifications for Thaksin's interests but hey ho.

You're not really helping your case (excuse the pun) when you come up with oft repeated but purely scurrilous rumours as per

"Probably for the same reason they let him flee the country with all those suitcases. Not because of some bogus reason that our friends of Thaksin wish to manufacture, but due to the Thai establishment's desire to work out some form of compromise and accommodation with one of their own. "

Do anybody still honestly believe he took suitcases of cash with him because he had brokered a deal with the establishment? The Air Force and Thai Air have said there was nothing unusual about the amount of baggage. Even Korn said

"Does any bank in the world still accept cash in suitcases for deposit? Maybe Cuba," said Korn Chatikavanij, member of the opposition Democrat Party. "Whatever might have been in those cases, the reality is that the bulk of his assets are still here," said Korn. http://www.indianexpress.com/news/where-is-thaksin-s-cash--/13471/

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

fab4 said:

Do anybody still honestly believe he took suitcases of cash with him because he had brokered a deal with the establishment? The Air Force and Thai Air have said there was nothing unusual about the amount of baggage.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

No, nothing unusual about taking out of the country ~ 58 suitcases supplemented by ~ 56 bags.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 1

***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

fab4 said:

Do anybody still honestly believe he took suitcases of cash with him because he had brokered a deal with the establishment? The Air Force and Thai Air have said there was nothing unusual about the amount of baggage.

************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

No, nothing unusual about taking out of the country ~ 58 suitcases supplemented by ~ 56 bags.

Thaksins daughters took 150 kilos of luggage with them for a 5 day trip last month

• Like 1

fab4 said:

OK, keep on believing. I rest my case (excuse the pun again) coffee1.gif

don't forget that the Thaksin era pretty much fueled a 'yuppie' class in bangkok who made plenty of money then and since then.. the 'new rich' thai with little morals really like him. That also goes for many an affluent farang, they would rather the current government stays in office.

don't forget that the Thaksin era pretty much fueled a 'yuppie' class in bangkok who made plenty of money then and since then.. the 'new rich' thai with little morals really like him. That also goes for many an affluent farang, they would rather the current government stays in office.

The Thaksin government was lucky enough to be in power during a global economic boom. The current government haven't been so lucky.

• Like 1

Because his sister and her government provided him with a diplomatic passport.

Again, even if this is true, it happened after the military dictatorship. It does not answer the question why he was never extradited during the military dictatorship.

Sorry, wrong again. There was a military coup which re-established an elected government in a very short time.

There was never what could be described as a dictatorship. A dictatorship is precisely what the coup prevented.

All stories have "history " to them. Please, diceq, if you really care about these matters please check the history.

The coup either saved or restored the checks and balances because they were exactly the targets the man from

Dubai was aiming at.

• Like 2

Thaksin got his start into big business by cozying up to an actual Thai Military Dictator. There is a picture of them and Thaksin looks set to cream himself, he's so happy to be with the general for this photo op.

He learned to govern at the knee of a dictator, his first term as PM was more and more like a proto-depot, and he has tried repeatedly to take control of the Thai government by political machine and street violence. The last legislative initiatives of the now disbanded 320 mp PTP coalition in parliament were dictated down from above, not from the will of the people.

Dictator is not too strong a word to use.

• Like 1

fab4 said:

Thaksins daughters took 150 kilos of luggage with them for a 5 day trip last month

NoNO the daughter was 150 kilo's. and the luggage 20Kcheesy.gif

fab4 said:

Not that is relevant, but you have proof of that right?

Thaksin started his contribution to society by becoming a member of the RTP. That should be be enough said about the man and his concern for others. He screwed around, big time, his first successful business venture, partner, via the Thai court system. This probably was/has been the, the best side, (at least the least cost to public funds) he has shown to society.

The partners/coharts he has picked/recruited along his way to, what many consider the dispectable/corrupt political/business ventures he has engaged in, reflect the true goal of of Thaksin, and his henchmen. Thailand has had some Prime Ministers in the past, who would not even qualify for nomination to compete with Thaksin for being a blight on not just Thailand, but the entire region.

The only thing good I can say about Thaksin, is in comparasion to Chalerm, he is only responsible for 1 male offspring instead of 3.

• Like 2

fab4 said:

http://www.timescolonist.com/ex-thai-pm-s-daughters-take-first-class-flight-out-of-thailand-but-insist-they-re-coming-home-1.697734

I expect you to back up your posts too

fab4 said:

Do anybody still honestly believe he took suitcases of cash with him because he had brokered a deal with the establishment? The Air Force and Thai Air have said there was nothing unusual about the amount of baggage.************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

http://www.timescolonist.com/ex-thai-pm-s-daughters-take-first-class-flight-out-of-thailand-but-insist-they-re-coming-home-1.697734

I did not state anything in my post, I was only asking reference for that statement.

It's anyway an unconfirmed rumour from an anonymous Thai Airways staff.

By the way Thaksin's clan are a ruin for themselves. The way they deal with public opinion is a freaking joke. Even without this story, that as I said in my post, is not relevant as can't be confirmed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by newcomer71
  • Like 1

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

Nothing trumped up about being convicted by the courts on 5 charges. Face it, he is guilty and with more that has not not gone to trial yet. Before he had the passport he would seek asylum with countries that did not have extradition agreement with Thailand. Why do you think he had to leave the UK once found guilty. Now with his illegally obtained passport, he is free to move once again. Thank you YS govt for creating more mistrust with the people of Thailand.

Possibly it suits everyone's purpose that he remains out of the country. Might explain the ease with which he fled the country.

He didn't flee, he was ousted in a military coup while holding a lecture about democracy at the U.N. Then he was convicted on trumped up charges and never extradited. And now you claim this was due to it being best for everyone. I want what you are smoking.

He fled while his proxies the PPP were in power. I guess the box of donuts didn't have quite enough cash in it.

Not Thaksin's finest hour i.e. attempted bribery of judges with 'snackbox' of cash and caught red-handed if not personally.

Just another pawn sacrificed to his blind greed and delusions of grandeur.

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

Nothing trumped up about being convicted by the courts on 5 charges. Face it, he is guilty and with more that has not not gone to trial yet. Before he had the passport he would seek asylum with countries that did not have extradition agreement with Thailand. Why do you think he had to leave the UK once found guilty. Now with his illegally obtained passport, he is free to move once again. Thank you YS govt for creating more mistrust with the people of Thailand.

He didnt he had and wife had their visas revoked so he couldn't return to the UK whilst he was out of the country on one of his "tours" when the verdict on his guilt was given.

Hes also been offered passports in a number of countries, all legal so its never been a big issue.

What he really should have done a long time ago was come home do his time and move on, hed have been out in short order and everyone would still be shouting about him running the place no doubt.

• Like 1

He didnt he had and wife had their visas revoked so he couldn't return to the UK whilst he was out of the country on one of his "tours" when the verdict on his guilt was given.

Hes also been offered passports in a number of countries, all legal so its never been a big issue.

What he really should have done a long time ago was come home do his time and move on, hed have been out in short order and everyone would still be shouting about him running the place no doubt.

As usual, completely overlooking the fact that much more serious charges await him when/if he returns.

• Like 1

I loved the way the British Government did that! No fuss no bother, just waited until he was out of the country and cancelled his visa! How poo dee angrit is that?

However, the issue is this.

The man is clearly a gifted business manager and orator. However he shows no civil responsibility and is entirely unsuitable to be prime minister. The populist policies were only to ensure a majority and thus enable draining the state coffers into his own.

But, all Thai politicians show similar characteristics to varying extents. How do you change this?

I loved the way the British Government did that! No fuss no bother, just waited until he was out of the country and cancelled his visa! How poo dee angrit is that?

The man is clearly a gifted business manager and orator. However he shows no civil responsibility and is entirely unsuitable to be prime minister. The populist policies were only to ensure a majority and thus enable draining the state coffers into his own.

But, all Thai politicians show similar characteristics to varying extents. How do you change this?

Make corruption by government ministers, elected officials and senior public servants a capital offence, and publicly execute a few.

Make corruption by government ministers, elected officials and senior public servants a capital offence, and publicly execute a few.

Joking apart, that's the sort of thing that's required.

But that requires real investigative journalism with no unfair libel laws.

Have these people publically debagged and exposed in the popular press.....

Ah, the Voice of Reason........

You seriously think that's a good viable idea or did you just post that to boost your tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime persona you would have us believe?

Personally speaking, seeing as this is an anonymous forum, I'd like to see corrupt officials and public servants drawn and quartered by horses in Lumpini park in front of an exclusive crowd of HiSo Mall shoppers all waving their clappers.

What say you?

coffee1.gif

Edited by fab4

Ah, the Voice of Reason........

You seriously think that's a good viable idea or did you just post that to boost your tough on crime, tough on the causes of crime persona you would have us believe?

Personally speaking, seeing as this is an anonymous forum, I'd like to see corrupt officials and public servants drawn and quartered by horses in Lumpini park in front of an exclusive crowd of HiSo Mall shoppers all waving their clappers.

What say you?

coffee1.gif

You missed the point.

Public exposure might actually make a difference.

But for that you need real investigative journalism and protection from ridiculous libel laws

Because his sister and her government provided him with a diplomatic passport.

Again, even if this is true, it happened after the military dictatorship. It does not answer the question why he was never extradited during the military dictatorship.

Are you that clueless he wasn't found guilty until a couple of years after the coup and the government at the time was run by his brother-in-law. Do your research before posting nonsense.

Some people thrive on posting nonsense which is the product of a limited knowledge of the subject under discussion, which unfortunately doesn't improve even when the facts are clearly pointed out.

I did not state anything in my post, I was only asking reference for that statement.

It's anyway an unconfirmed rumour from an anonymous Thai Airways staff.

By the way Thaksin's clan are a ruin for themselves. The way they deal with public opinion is a freaking joke. Even without this story, that as I said in my post, is not relevant as can't be confirmed.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You ask for verification then you don't even read it. If you had you would have found out that the anonymous Thai airways staff published Thaksins daughters flight details. As usual just another longwinded blowhard with little credibility.