Protest leader Suthep declares Bangkok seizure after New Year

webfact

Many of the TV trolls hate Suthep. If you are one of them, please feel free to offer alternative ideas on how to rid Thailand of the Shin wannabe dictatorship.

An election.

Another bought and paid for dictatorship will resolve the problems for sure. Extraordinary idea. The question to ponder is: Is an election really a democratic concept when it is bought and paid for?

Blind man alert.

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many of the TV trolls hate Suthep. If you are one of them, please feel free to offer alternative ideas on how to rid Thailand of the Shin wannabe dictatorship.

It's not up to him. It's up to the majority of Thai people who they want running their country. If Thais want the Shin clan running it then it is up to them. That's why there is a thing called "election".

Let me correct that for you, That's why there is a thing called "election" populism .

My goodness where does this man get his ideas from?

I guess maybe this is the last time the Bangkokians can afford to close down their city before the AEC begins in just over a year but I don't understand how it works in the eyes of the world. The previous government came to power after a coup and a long period of controversy then was forced to call elections by the Reds. Yellows just want to take out an elected government, refuse more elections, and take over the city.

I'll be most interested to see which people in the private sector think this is a grand idea, particularly those from other countries...

Edited by mumjokmok

How does he figure he can claim sovereignty for his actions? Thailand has 70 million popln and his mobs number in the 100 000s at best. He is not in govt and has no chance to get in at the next election. Im not sure what definition of sovereignty he has in his dam_n fool head. He represents SOME people, not THE people. Mob rule by force is not democratic sovereignty but fascism. What a ridiculous situation - he is a major embarassment to Thailand. Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Nice rant but as articulate and accurate as what we have come to expect from pro government supporters and agencies whose mantra is not to let the truth get in the way of a good story. Official figures for the population are around 67 million of which there are less than 20 million legible voters in Isan and If you truly believe that Khun Suthep's mob is less than 100K you are grossly mistaken. I assume that the"THE: people you refer to are the PTP supporters who were to a significant extent both brainwashed and bought by the incumbent government and SOME people are the legions of Thai's who have simply had enough of the corruption and ineffectual governance that comes with putting clowns and idiots into power.

Have you ever stopped to think as to the percentage of Isan people who actually reside and work in Bangkok and perhaps thrown of the shroud of the Shiniwatra manipulation. The current government adopts the run and hide philosophy whilst trying to manipulate other to clean up the mess it leaves every time it opens its mouth.

I am far from being a Suthep supporter however I will give him this. He one of only a handful who has the balls to try to make a positive difference and he has been persistent in his objectives which is to get the parasitic Shiniwatra's out of Thai Politics and perhaps out of Thailand.

The country is in political turmoil and little Miss almost- a -politician is hiding up in Chang Mai amongst her brainwashed brigade inspecting roads.

It simply doers not get more banal than that.

Mate. When written with an 's' on the end 100 000s means 'measured in hundred of thousands' ie from 100 000 to 999 999.

'The people' is used the way it was used in Sutheps speech -in the context of so-called 'taking sovereignty back' (by mobs roaming the streets - theres an oxymoron if I ever heard one) it means he thinks he represents the people of Thailand. But the only body that can claim sovereignty is one that represents the people of that country - if he thinks he can lay claim to svereignty why is he afraid of elections?

'Some people' refers to the cannon fodder who turn up to support him (he clearly represents them).

For the record, Im pro democrstic process and pro rule of law, I think all sides supporting mob action are basically doing this country to death. I have no affiliation one side or the other. But the speeches using butchered and twisted democratic language to stir up mob rule are just too much to resist though. I dont know how these guys can keep a straight face - or am I missing something and its meant to be funny?

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Man oh man, any Thai people who believe this politicians BS are suckers for punishment if they actually believe his claims about honest political reform while touting himself and his political cronies as the saviours of the country .........while they go about bullying their way into power.

Is somebody REALLY in the know about house registration/voter registration in this country?

Please post!!!

I understand, may people, for example construction workers who are only temprary in BKK before going back to the farm, cannot vote in BKK because they are not registered in the shack on the construction site.

How long do you have to be registered in a new residence before you can vote there??

Is there a voter registration (US - style) in LOS??

Is it mandatory to get registered and change your ID card after having moved to another province??

If you have children of school age, do you have to register yourself in the town where they go to school???

Thanks for enlightening me!

Surely the ordinary middle-class workers who went along with the peaceful protests will be reeling with how this is turning out. Violent, murderous mobs roaming the streets.

2010 all over again eh?

Hhhmmmmm.......definitely deja vu......all it will take now is for Suthep to tell every protester to bring a litre of fuel to the party and we'll be right back where we were. Do you think he chanced upon Thaksin's 2010 incite-a-riot hymn sheet and thought he'd singalong too? sad.png

Soothing words for the masses, don't worry if you are killed your family will get compensation. facepalm.gifwhistling.gif

Well, maybe if you sign up to have a bang on the drum, otherwise you'd be hiding anywhere you could cos if you get caught in the wrong colour tshirt.....

Edited by mumjokmok

Yes, I can find a more offensive term, although sarcasm isn't one of your strong suits is it?

In respect to the expression, I first heard it from one of my mother's schoolmates, who had the benefit of an Oxbridge education. I recall that the term was used as she referred to her stay in a country where she had been working as a physician. It is what she called the locals who had dark complexions. In respect to my use, it was to convey the BKK perception of anyone with a bit of pigmentation, not exhibiting the Michael jackson bleached skin over use of whitening chemicals look.

No need to apologize. Perhaps Oxbridge were not aware of Darkie to Darlie toothpaste etc. Darky, or darkie, is a term used primarily in the United States and United Kingdom to refer to black people, and is now generally considered a racial slur.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=darkies+to+darlie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=L7K-UurKIamCiQepk4DgDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=562

But then I did not have the privilege of going to Oxbridge so what do I know.

• Like 1

Bangkok people who feel uncomfortable? Oh that'll be the millions of poor buggers who've got a job to go to then. People just trying to make a living.

How come he's still here? I thought the mouth from the South was going to hand himself in along with his cronies if he failed a couple of weeks ago.

Just pushing it until the army steps in.

Exactly

Yes, I can find a more offensive term, although sarcasm isn't one of your strong suits is it?

In respect to the expression, I first heard it from one of my mother's schoolmates, who had the benefit of an Oxbridge education. I recall that the term was used as she referred to her stay in a country where she had been working as a physician. It is what she called the locals who had dark complexions. In respect to my use, it was to convey the BKK perception of anyone with a bit of pigmentation, not exhibiting the Michael jackson bleached skin over use of whitening chemicals look.

No need to apologize. Perhaps Oxbridge were not aware of Darkie to Darlie toothpaste etc. Darky, or darkie, is a term used primarily in the United States and United Kingdom to refer to black people, and is now generally considered a racial slur.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=darkies+to+darlie&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=L7K-UurKIamCiQepk4DgDA&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1024&bih=562

I only went to London.

Wish you guys would come out of the closet and admit to either Oxford or Cambridge.

The way to get her out is to vote her out in a democratic election, its called democracy. As for Suthep the sooner someone puts a bullet in his head the better off Thailand will be.

Perhaps the concept is a little too difficult for you to grasp. An election where votes are BOUGHT in cash or with populist programs is very much like stuffing the ballot box before the votes are counted. Is that really a democratic election or is it in effect rigged? Re-electing the Shins will NOT solve the problems that exist now. The protests and now violence will continue and will get much worse if they stay in power.

I only went to London.

Wish you guys would come out of the closet and admit to either Oxford or Cambridge.

Woodrow Secondary Modern. 1514006.gif

But getting off topic.

Suthep is a deranged, exceedingly dangerous nut job who has the chance to put this country back many years.

• Like 2

This guy is going to end up with a bullet in his brain by a misterious gunman who will never be caught ,the guy is inciting civil unrest destruction of property not to mention the damage to bangkok as a destination for tourists as well as screwing around a heap of people trying to earn a living.

• Like 1

I only went to London.

Woodrow Secondary Modern. 1514006.gif

But getting off topic.

Suthep is a deranged, exceedingly dangerous nut job who has the chance to put this country back many years.

Or, Suthep is the frontman of a group trying to save this country from economic chaos.

The way to get her out is to vote her out in a democratic election, its called democracy. As for Suthep the sooner someone puts a bullet in his head the better off Thailand will be.

Perhaps the concept is a little too difficult for you to grasp. blink.png An election where votes are BOUGHT in cash or with populist programs is very much like stuffing the ballot box before the votes are counted. Is that really a democratic election or is it in effect rigged? Re-electing the Shins will NOT solve the problems that exist now. The protests and now violence will continue and will get much worse if they stay in power.

Don't be so naïve giggle.gif

it was considered perfectly acceptable for the supposed to " leader of the free world " to buy peoples votes with money during his first term (in fact even referred to as Obama money) and even free mobile telephones for his second term. unsure.png

Edited by Asiantravel