60 day tourist visa renewal

Hello I'm a Canadian visiting Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa which expires Jan. 13. For a 30 day renewal I was told I by a friend I need to go to Immigration office in Jomtien. Is there an office in Pattaya? Also where can I find information on documentation requirements, fees, photos, and renewal form download? First time attempting this process. Thanks.

You can obtain a 30 day extension at any immigration office.

Fee baht 1900

Passport Photo x 1

Tm .7 Form

Photocopy of current permission to stay stamp and departure card from passport.

Photocopy of picture page from passport.

You can go anytime but usually around one week before current permission to stay expires works best.

To obtain another 60 day tourist visa you must leave the kingdom and apply at a consulate like Vientiane.

If my memory serves me well.

Edited by stoneyboy

You can obtain a 30 day extension at any immigration office. Fee baht 1900 Passport Photo x 1 Tm .7 Form Photocopy of current permission to stay stamp and departure card from passport. Photocopy of picture page from passport. You can go anytime but usually around one week before current permission to stay expires works best. To obtain another 60 day tourist visa you must leave the kingdom and apply at a consulate like Vientiane. If my memory serves me well.

How many of these renewals can you apply for ?

You can obtain a 30 day extension at any immigration office. Fee baht 1900 Passport Photo x 1 Tm .7 Form Photocopy of current permission to stay stamp and departure card from passport. Photocopy of picture page from passport. You can go anytime but usually around one week before current permission to stay expires works best. To obtain another 60 day tourist visa you must leave the kingdom and apply at a consulate like Vientiane. If my memory serves me well.

It's not a renewal, he is applying for an extension of his permission to stay. One 30 day extension per Tourist Visa entry..

• Like 1

Depends on what you mean by "renewal" . Visas are not "Renewable" and 30 day extensions are only given once per 60 day entry.

You can apply for as many "new" tourist visas as you wish although eventually a refusal will stop futher application.

If it is desired to stay in Thailand long term best obtain the "right" visa and subsequent extensions of stay .

Hello all,

A new guy here. I've been reading the forums for a week or so and I would like to ensure that I understand how the Tourist Visa works and to have a couple questions answered. I am a US passport holder that is sending in the information for the Tourist Visa tomorrow. My friend and I are planning to live in Thailand for some time. He will work as a teacher, but I do not work. I'm retired but I'm 37, so I can't do the Retirement Visa.

If anyone could answer some questions for me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Once I have the Tourist Visa and fly into Phuket, will the first 60 days start on the date I arrive? My friend and I are staying in Phuket for a week or so and then we want to check out Cambodia. Will the reentry from Cambodia reset the 60 days or would the time (two weeks) in Cambodia add on to the original 60 days?

The 30 day extension I understand. I would need to go to the immigration office and pay the 1900 baht fee & fill out some forms. I figure I would travel out of the country a day or so before the expiration date of the extension and apply for a new Tourist Visa and start the cycle again with another extension after those 60 days. Is my understanding of this process correct? May I continue to apply for Tourist Visas every 90 days to my hearts desire or would there be a limit.

Also, when applying for the second Tourist Visa can I apply and receive the Visa that same day and come back or would it take 2 to 3 days processing?

I need to make sure I have everything and anything in order when I do the "Visa runs" as travel is not the easiest for myself as I am confined to a wheelchair. I hope all understand my concern for details.

Thanks all for your time. biggrin.png

--Pitts

A "tourist" visa is good for a 60 day stay in Thailand and is extendable for a futher 30 days , on application at an immigration office.

Leave and the "visa" is no longer valid and on return to Thailand you would only receive a 30 day "visa exempt" entry which is only extendable for 7 days.

Serial tourist visas are problematic --------at some point you will be refused.

At the age of 37 there is no "visa" which will permit a long term stay unless you marry a Thai lady and can meet the financial and other requirements for an "extension of stay" based on marriage.

You could investigate the possibility of an ED visa to learn the Thai language which just may permit a longer stay if you can abide by the rules . (Make sure the school is wheelchair friendly !)

Sorry if my response is not what you wished to hear -------------------

Best you do more serious research before committing

Edited by Sceptict11

I'd just like to comment about the Jomtien immigration center for the OP and others in the area. It is an extremely well run place and if you come with your forms properly filled out and the money it will be fairly quick and painless.

Word of advice is to not show up on a Monday morning. And better to come in the afternoon. There is always a line in the morning. I usually come at around 11 AM and get done and back to Pattaya for lunch.

I have used this place multiple times to get a 30 day extension and have never had issues or been delayed more than a total of an hour if there were a lot of people there.

Thank you for the information. This helps a great deal as I would have wasted a Visa for nothing. I was looking into the ED Visa and I think I'll do that as suggested. I have already been studying some Thai, so a structured course would be a benefit.

--Pitts

You should apply for a tourist visa with more than one entry. You can get one with 3 entries that would give you almost 9 months of total stay without needing a new visa.

For your trip to Cambodia you could get a re-entry permit that would keep your 60 day entry valid. It costs 1000 baht at immigration.

You should apply for a tourist visa with more than one entry. You can get one with 3 entries that would give you almost 9 months of total stay without needing a new visa.

For your trip to Cambodia you could get a re-entry permit that would keep your 60 day entry valid. It costs 1000 baht at immigration.

Can you explain how I can get a tourist visa with 3 entries?

Also can I apply for this in Manila ( I'm not a Filipino ) but I have been living in the Philippines and renewing my tourist visa there every 2 months.

The nearest location to get a 3 entry tourist visa is at the consulate in Bali. Vientiane does 2 entry visas. Manila only does single entry visas.

Thanks for your help and advice. I am wondering why there's such a difference between these countries giving 1, 2 and 3 entry visas. Anyway that's kind of outside the scope of my question and for me it would need to be just one entry as I won't be going to Bali.

The other poster mentioned re-entry permits. Is there any difference between a three entry visa and a single entry visa with two re-entry permits, other than having to pay for those permits. Also if I have a 60 day visa, get a re-entry and then leave for 30 days am I correct to assume that the days away will also be counted as part of the 60 days? I know it might sound like a dumb question but I just want to be sure and learn as much as possible about the system. Thanks.

Hello,

I have a similar situation, except I'm already here in Thailand on a 28 day tourist visa. However, I'm planning on staying until February 24th. My tourist visa expires on Jan. 4. My wife is Thai, and this is our first extended visit to Thailand, so I'm a bit of a newbie and missed my opportunity to enter the country correctly. We're staying in Din Daeng, Bangkok, and right now I'm planning on traveling to Vientiane (leaving 1/3/14 returning 1/5/14 via Don Muang airport) to get the extension, pending info I receive from the ThaiVisa Forum.

Questions:

• Can I extend from here in Thailand through Feb. 24 at an immigration office with a fee? Or do I need to go outside the country and re-enter before the expiration?
  • I don't want another 28 day visa, I need at least 60 days, what type of visa should I request?
  • Should I request it on arrival back in Thailand or from Vientiane?

Thank you!

If you are married to a Thai you can apply for a 60 day extension at immigration for "visiting Thai wife". The cost is 1900 baht. You must fill in a TM7 form with one picture, have copies of the bio page, and entry stamp in your passport, a copy of your departure form (TM6),), your wife's ID, house book and marriage certificate.

You do not have a "visa" I suspect you were given a 30 day visa exempt entry. This can only be extended by 7 days.

You MUST leave Thailand and obtain a Tourist visa from a Thai consulate in a nearby country.

Or do as is suggested above.

Edited by Sceptict11

Wayned, your reply is the easiest way to achieve my goal. We have a copy of her house card, and our marriage certificate from the USA. Will these be accepted?

Sceptic11, your reply is definite that I need to leave and reenter. Have you considered that my wife is Thai?

Hello,

I have a similar situation, except I'm already here in Thailand on a 28 day tourist visa. However, I'm planning on staying until February 24th. My tourist visa expires on Jan. 4. My wife is Thai, and this is our first extended visit to Thailand, so I'm a bit of a newbie and missed my opportunity to enter the country correctly. We're staying in Din Daeng, Bangkok, and right now I'm planning on traveling to Vientiane (leaving 1/3/14 returning 1/5/14 via Don Muang airport) to get the extension, pending info I receive from the ThaiVisa Forum.

Questions:

• Can I extend from here in Thailand through Feb. 24 at an immigration office with a fee? Or do I need to go outside the country and re-enter before the expiration?
  • I don't want another 28 day visa, I need at least 60 days, what type of visa should I request?
  • Should I request it on arrival back in Thailand or from Vientiane?

Thank you!

You can get a 60 day extension to visit your wife at immigration.

She will need to go to immigration with you. You need your marriage certificate, your wife's ID card and house book plus one copy of them. Also copies of your passport photo page, entry/permit to stay stamp and TM6 departure card.

Fill out a TM7 application form and attach a 4cm X 6cm photo. Fee is 1900 baht.

Download TM7 form and then print 2 sided. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

Wayned, your reply is the easiest way to achieve my goal. We have a copy of her house card, and our marriage certificate from the USA. Will these be accepted?

Sceptic11, your reply is definite that I need to leave and reenter. Have you considered that my wife is Thai?

Did your wife enter Thailand on a Thai passport ?

If not she will also have to consider her " visa" status.

Edited by Sceptict11

He forgot about the 60 day extension.

Do you only have copy of your marriage certificate? Copy of her house book should be ok.

She entered on her Thai Passport. We have the official marriage certificate from North Carolina, and a copy of her house book. Thanks for all your responses, we will go to the Government Office on Chaengwattana Rd. tomorrow. Worst case scenario, I'll head to Laos tomorrow.

Thanks again!

Follow up:

We arrived at the Government Offices on Chaengwattana Rd. around 1:30 PM. We made copies and took photos there in the building, and proceeded to the Immigration Office. We took our number and waited our turn, which took about one hour. The officer was very polite, and said our papers were in order, but that because my wife's house card was from Pathum Thani, we had to go to that office for the extension. We took a taxi to the Pathum Thani Immigration Office, and arrived at 3:45 where they informed us they closed at 3:30, LOL! Luckily, the manager in charge asked to see our paperwork and agreed to process it then and there. Whew! Personally, I feel like they could have easily processed my extension at the first office...

Thanks again!

I am British and entered Thailand on a 60 day tourist visa ; near the end of that I then left and went to Kuala Lumpar and re-entered with a 30 day, then near the end of that went to Penang and got another 30 day. My visa is up on Monday 6th and i am awaiting an Xray appointment in Bangkok to get my visa to leave and enter Australia .

Can I simply extend my Thai visa at an Immigration center in Bangkok, or do I need to go back out of Thailand to Penang and renter again with another 30 day? How many 30 day renetries can you have ...I only need a two week extension?

Help!!!!

You cannot extend for two weeks and will have to leave the country. you simply cross the border enter another country and come back for another 30 days.

As a Brit you can use a land border for another 30 day stamp, no need to fly. Many take a bus to Cambodia with a visa company.

If married to a Thai you can get a 60 day extension.

The longest extension you can get is 7 days.

Their is no limit on the number of visa exempt entries you can get.

Since you are from the UK you could just make a border run to Cambodia and get another 30 day entry (new rule since Nov. 1st).