British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released

Rimmer

I've just read through the original news story. What disgusts me (and its the same every time a story of similar ilk emerges) is that TV members are so so quick to judge based on news reports and allegations. Why TV attracts so many horrible people is beyond me.

• Like 2

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how many TV posters had him tried, convicted, and hung before his trial even started when his story was first posted?

One to start with, but there are more

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579639-bail-jumping-brit-re-arrested-for-child-molestation/?p=5605049

xstar_big.png.pagespeed.ic.zb7cgAQhuy.pn

POPULAR

Lock him up until the case is heard. Simple.

Get your facts right...

If you took the time to actually read the comment that "likewise", "pattaya_girl" and I "liked" it never implied he was guilty, he tried to run away, if true that he was not guilty as it seems to be the case, by running away it is no surprise many considered him guilty.

I wonder how many TV posters had him tried, convicted, and hung before his trial even started when his story was first posted?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/579639-bail-jumping-brit-re-arrested-for-child-molestation/?p=5605049

POPULAR

Get your facts right...

If you took the time to actually read the comment that "likewise", "pattaya_girl" and I "liked" it never implied he was guilty, he tried to run away, if true that he was not guilty as it seems to be the case, by running away it is no surprise many considered him guilty.

So it's fine for you to lock someone up until they have sorted out if he has anything to do with it ?

The stories are a bit confusing, as it is even not clear if the person in the OP is the bail jumper or his namesake.

Sorry I posted against rules but now just want to say that I feel very bad and sad for this man and really do hope his life gets MUCH better now. What a nightmare. I know if I ever meet him I will shake his hand.

POPULAR

Get your facts right...

So it's fine for you to lock someone up until they have sorted out if he has anything to do with it ?

The stories are a bit confusing, as it is even not clear if the person in the OP is the bail jumper or his namesake.

Yes, if they fail to comply with their bail conditions.

I am assuming that Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles, age 47 is not the they Mr Tracy the subject of this topic?

The story that you are quoting relates to "Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles" was arrested on an arrest warrant for "Skipping Bail"

You quoted "smokie36" who wrote "Lock him up until the case is heard. Simple." which I totally agree with, this does not mean I think he is guilty of child molestation but being charged with the offences he skipped bail which is why I felt that he should be locked up until the case is heard.

If you had read the full topic you would notice two of my postings, in particular post #7 Posted 2012-08-25 08:01:02

I wrote "No one is guilty until proved so in a court of law... But skipping bail does make one think, hopefully he will be locked up now until his trial, but "TiT" so they probably give him bail again.

And I hope our consular Representatives realize they have more important things to do than trying to get this bail skipper, bail again."

Edited by Basil B

While I have no wish to criticise this gentleman, or judge the case against him, two things strike me in the report.
Firstly I think it seriously unwise to publicly criticise the Thai police, or any other Thais for that matter; we are guests here. Secondly, I find that middle class Thais particularly tend to regard Farang charity workers as essentially busibodies. Their presence implies a lack of social concern within Thai society and causes a loss of face. The principle welfare unit in Thailand is the family, and not the local authority with its salaried social workers, as in most Western countries. In my experience Thais are a proud people who regard themselves highly; something I find a refreshing change from the liberal self loathing within British society; although they seem to get little respect by posters here. There are many places in the world where people are desperate for charity and advice but I don't think Thailand is one of them.
I hope this gentleman gets over his experience and moves on; but compensation? I think not.

I am assuming that Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles, age 47 is not the they Mr Tracy the subject of this topic?

The story that you are quoting relates to "Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles" was arrested on an arrest warrant for "Skipping Bail"

You quoted "smokie36" who wrote "Lock him up until the case is heard. Simple." which I totally agree with, this does not mean I think he is guilty of child molestation but being charged with the offences he skipped bail which is why I felt that he should be locked up until the case is heard.

If you had read the full topic you would notice two of my postings, in particular post #7 Posted 2012-08-25 08:01:02

I wrote "No one is guilty until proved so in a court of law... But skipping bail does make one think, hopefully he will be locked up now until his trial, but "TiT" so they probably give him bail again.

And I hope our consular Representatives realize they have more important things to do than trying to get this bail skipper, bail again."

Seems "Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles" and "Mr Tracy" are one and same as named in the second news report (post #9 by Pattaya One)

Seems "Mr. John or Gracy Ean Charles" and "Mr Tracy" are one and same as named in the second news report (post #9 by Pattaya One)

So the question remains if the person pictured in the OP has ever jumped bail or was mistaken for a namesake who jumped bail.

So the question remains if the person pictured in the OP has ever jumped bail or was mistaken for a namesake who jumped bail.

Do they not take mug shots and finger prints before giving bail?

Get off your high horse before you fall off. There's an implicit or explicit (usually the latter!) if-guilty in all the posts you're referring to. For pete's sake, nobody means for an innocent person to be punished for crimes he didn't commit. 'Nothing wrong with condemning pedophilia or (actual) pedophiles. Find something worthwhile to wonder about...

Rubbish. Absolute crap. Have you even read the usual posts condemning without a trial? No, of course you haven't. This is the come uppance of dcks like you.

While I have no wish to criticise this gentleman, or judge the case against him, two things strike me in the report.

Firstly I think it seriously unwise to publicly criticise the Thai police, or any other Thais for that matter; we are guests here. Secondly, I find that middle class Thais particularly tend to regard Farang charity workers as essentially busibodies. Their presence implies a lack of social concern within Thai society and causes a loss of face. The principle welfare unit in Thailand is the family, and not the local authority with its salaried social workers, as in most Western countries. In my experience Thais are a proud people who regard themselves highly; something I find a refreshing change from the liberal self loathing within British society; although they seem to get little respect by posters here. There are many places in the world where people are desperate for charity and advice but I don't think Thailand is one of them.

I hope this gentleman gets over his experience and moves on; but compensation? I think not.

What an absolute crock of pss. have you actually read what you have just written? If so do you understand any of it?

Im lost ... is this the "accussed" Brit that was caught recently jumping bail ?? A Previuos post had a pic the same ???? Maybe not enough coffee yet ..coffee1.gif

The media here seems to confuse just about everything even in this report

British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released after spending 14 months in a 'hell' prison

A British charity worker who was falsely accused of being a paedophile and jailed in Thailand for four years has been released on order from the Thai Supreme Court.

So what is it 14 months or 4 years ????????????????? rolleyes.gif ,,,..... or was it 4 years but 1 year & 2 months in a Hell prison and 34 months in a decent prison ,,,, Oye the reporters in this country can make anybody just have a heart attack by reding what they write....

What an absolute crock of pss. have you actually read what you have just written? If so do you understand any of it?

Yes, simple really. He got up peoples' noses so they stitched him up. Perhaps he'll be a bit more careful next time.

Im lost ... is this the "accussed" Brit that was caught recently jumping bail ?? A Previuos post had a pic the same ???? Maybe not enough coffee yet ..coffee1.gif

The media here seems to confuse just about everything even in this report

British charity worker falsely accused of being a paedophile by police in Thailand is released after spending 14 months in a 'hell' prison

A British charity worker who was falsely accused of being a paedophile and jailed in Thailand for four years has been released on order from the Thai Supreme Court.

So what is it 14 months or 4 years ????????????????? rolleyes.gif ,,,..... or was it 4 years but 1 year & 2 months in a Hell prison and 34 months in a decent prison ,,,, Oye the reporters in this country can make anybody just have a heart attack by reding what they write....

14 months into a 4 year sentence new evidences came to light which questioned the validity of his conviction.

• 1 month later...

Rarely I have ever read such a dense cluster of pompous crap, congratulations.

• 3 months later...
Maybe we should not beleive everything we read in the newspapers.

especially those that have a vested interest in the case, would you agree?

Could not agree with you more. It remains to be seen whether or not Mr. Tracy or the journalist lied, leading to the filing of a false news report.

There can only be one true story here.

Mr. Tracy is either lying and is still a convicted child abuser, or he is not lying and he is innocent.

One thing is for sure, the truth will come out as UK authorities are now investigating whether or not this is a false news report

Do not criticize the Thai Police .

That is what got him charged and convicted, absolutely no way this was a mistake.

Hope he gets a very well paid Book out of it.

Ah Thailand ! Corrupt one day Coup the next. No wonder it is the ' Land of Smiles'

As Lord Acton said "Power Corrupts, Absolute Power Corrupts Absolutely"

I believe Paedophiles deserve the worst but to be convicted without any proof is even more of a crime.

coffee1.gif

Maybe we should not beleive everything we read in the newspapers.

especially those that have a vested interest in the case, would you agree?

Could not agree with you more. It remains to be seen whether or not Mr. Tracy or the journalist lied, leading to the filing of a false news report.

There can only be one true story here.

Mr. Tracy is either lying and is still a convicted child abuser, or he is not lying and he is innocent.

One thing is for sure, the truth will come out as UK authorities are now investigating whether or not this is a false news report

are you a lawyer by any chance?

Posts containing web links to private blog sites also other forums have been removed also some replies to them

17) Do not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names, or web/Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses in posts or signatures. Web addresses to non-commercial sites/blogs, or Facebook/Twitter/Google+ addresses, may be posted in a member's profile page.