History video: Yingluck Shinawatra Interview from Dec 2011

Lite Beer

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, her English isn't perfect. There is something to admire in the fact that she has the guts to give interviews in English. How does Obama do in Chinese or Cameron in German? Suthep, of course, will NOT give any interviews in English. While he seeks out foreign media, he insists on using an interpreter. That doesn';t make his ideas any less nutty

Suthep hates foreigners, as he itself said in 2011. That's why.

Find me the exact quote where he says he 'hates' foreigners. Seriously post it here where he said himself he 'hates' foreigners.

speaking words of wisdom: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tRqn3K_hCc

So, her English isn't perfect. There is something to admire in the fact that she has the guts to give interviews in English. How does Obama do in Chinese or Cameron in German? Suthep, of course, will NOT give any interviews in English. While he seeks out foreign media, he insists on using an interpreter. That doesn';t make his ideas any less nutty

Find me the exact quote where he says he 'hates' foreigners. Seriously post it here where he said himself he 'hates' foreigners.

speaking words of wisdom:

Still better than the Engrish interviews given by Yingluck.

she's incompetent as a politician, everybody knows that, period !

so being still attractive for her age, why she just doesnt apply for a job as go-go dancer in Pattaya ?

Bet it will be a colourfull view in Walking Street every night... especially much Red will be all over the place....

There she can be a SUPERSTAR !

wooow and all those Chinese squadrons walking around there with their RED flags.... must be nice attraction for all the others.... coffee1.gif

I think that the above is very insulting to a cultered, dignified, elected world leader. HOOD Robin, please apologize.

cheesy.gif You must be joking......

• Like 1

Well when all is said in done at least shes not English like Abhisit wink.png

Or American?

No shes not American either, doesnt really fit in with my joke but.

Joke?

Thought you had to be Thai to be pm.

Edited by Bluespunk

speaking words of wisdom:

That was horrible. The cat won't come out from under the sofa after hearing that.

• Like 2

Nation Multimedia - 2011/03/24:

Suthep: "I don't respect 'farangs'. We do not have to surrender to them"

BANGKOK, March 24, 2011 (AFP) - Thailand on Thursday dismissed suggestions that foreign observers were needed to monitor its upcoming election, with the deputy prime minister saying he does "not respect" Westerners.

Another:

https://twitter.com/Aim_NT/status/409672823506878465

Aim_The Nation @Aim_NT

Suthep said foreigners have been sent to spy among the protesters. They might cause chaos, light fire, and frame the protesters.

Says enough, doesn't it?

Makes you wonder what dear leader Suthep will say to foreign ambassadors or diplomats when he completes his "people's council". What will he tell them? "Hi, I'm Suthep ...I don't respect you!". The PDRC Thai Facebook is full of anti-foreigner slogans.

If he completes his power grab, the foreign media like CNN and BBC will be all over these comments he has made in the past and present and then Thailand's reputation and tourist industry will be ruined.

Nobody wants to make holiday in a country where a "people's council" rules and their leader hates foreigners. They might as well go to North Korea instead. Same thing, but they don't hate foreigners.

What a sad world we live in when people translate the above into: Suthep hates foreigners.

This is a crystal clear example of a poster that wants to instigate hatred towards somebody . The poster even tries to "explain" to us how foreign media will react to it. Very sad.

• Like 1

In that second interview it was said that because they are brother and sister, they share one brain...

...unfortunately Thaksin got all of it.

Her rambling, incoherent responses are made up of jumbled words that don't come close to answering the questions presented.

I commend the interviewers for not bursting out laughing. I would have.

• Like 2

OK, but Obama did not study and get a degree in China. Yingluck did study in the USA and apparenty got a degree. One wonders how...

Could someone - preferably the OP but anyone will do - please explain to me the point of putting this old video on the News forum today?

"Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand" [/size]

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

coffee1.gif[/size] [/size]

I entirely agree with your sentiment. Given that the PM's ability in English is of little consequence to the majority stakeholders in Thailand - the Thai people - one can only assume this video was put here to reinforce negative feelings towards her among members of this forum, particularly since her English is so bad that it becomes pretty much impossible to enter into any meaningful debate about what she is trying to say.

Unbiased position my A.

I entirely agree with your sentiment. Given that the PM's ability in English is of little consequence to the majority stakeholders in Thailand - the Thai people - one can only assume this video was put here to reinforce negative feelings towards her among members of this forum, particularly since her English is so bad that it becomes pretty much impossible to enter into any meaningful debate about what she is trying to say.

Unbiased position my A.

Would you have a problem with this video being posted had she come across as being intelligent, articulate and coherent? I have my doubts.

• Like 2

Unbiased position my A.

Would you have a problem with this video being posted had she come across as being intelligent, articulate and coherent? I have my doubts.
I would similarly wonder why an interview from 2011 was relevant today, although admittedly the degree of relevance would have been much clearer had she been more coherent in English. The reasons behind the posting of this video at this particular juncture remain a mystery although I have my suspicions. Edited by 15Peter20

Unbiased position my A.

I would similarly wonder why an interview from 2011 was relevant today, although admittedly the degree of relevance would have been much clearer had she been more coherent in English. The reasons behind the posting of this video at this particular juncture remain a mystery although I have my suspicions.

You'd wonder but would you have a problem? Yingluck supporters would be better off not moaning about an open and public video being posted, but rather offering some sort of an explanation as to how someone with that sort of grasp of English manages to complete a Master's degree in English. Is there an explanation?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Could someone - preferably the OP but anyone will do - please explain to me the point of putting this old video on the News forum today?

"Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand" [/size]http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Unbiased position my A.

Rather than continually go on about moderation issues on the open forum, why don't you simply send a PM to Admin to get a direct answer?

• Like 1

"Please be informed that ThaiVisa is an apolitical discussion forum, meaning that we take an unbiased position in regard to political matters in Thailand" [/size]http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules

Unbiased position my A.

Rather than continually go on about moderation issues on the open forum, why don't you simply send a PM to Admin to get a direct answer?

In the name of balance please watch this historic video, particularly 1m 20s in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWUmI37vcBA

or even this 2m in

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KWNvjcsmpU

Particularly apt. Never again.

Edited by fab4

Unbiased position my A.

I would similarly wonder why an interview from 2011 was relevant today, although admittedly the degree of relevance would have been much clearer had she been more coherent in English. The reasons behind the posting of this video at this particular juncture remain a mystery although I have my suspicions.
You'd wonder but would you have a problem? Yingluck supporters would be better off not moaning about an open and public video being posted, but rather offering some sort of an explanation as to how someone with that sort of grasp of English manages to complete a Master's degree in English. Is there an explanation?

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I'm not a Yingluck supporter per se so cannot offer the explanation you asked for. Wanting democratic elections to be held and respected, my current wishes happen to concur with hers and maybe that's why you or others may think I'm a supporter of hers.

Anyway, in an effort to stay on topic I refer you back to the original question I posed. Why do you think this video was posted at this particular time? As a Yingluck opponent I expect you to have an opinion on this but fair enough if you don't.

• Like 1

I'm not a Yingluck supporter per se so cannot offer the explanation you asked for. Wanting democratic elections to be held and respected, my current wishes happen to concur with hers and maybe that's why you or others may think I'm a supporter of hers.

They're plenty of people here who also want fair elections to be held and respected, and furthermore wish for democracy to be continued to be respected after the polls, but they clearly aren't Yingluck supporters...so no, none of any of that stuff is what leads me to believe you are a Yingluck supporter.

More to do with things like, for example, on this thread, the way it has bothered you why a video of the caretaker PM has been posted and your demands to know why. I don't know either, but it certainly never bothered me. A politician making a prize idiot of themselves is reason enough for me, and if there are other videos of other politicians making an equal fool of themselves, you won't hear me complaining or moaning.

As someone else has advised, if it bothers you so much, why don't you stop squawking at us and contact the person who actually posted it?

• Like 1

Well when all is said in done at least shes not English like Abhisit wink.png

True, she's from the Chinese stock.

So is Abhisit, and all the ruling class in Thailand.

Indeed Mosha.

Not quite sure what her heritage has to do with anything? She may be Chinese several generations ago but my jovial point was simply pointing out the fact Abhisit is first generation English. Born there, citizen there, educated there and even the posh accent to go with it.

Just a bit of inter UK type banter that can rarely be applied to Thai politics DrTurner, dont get all wound up about it. Go and have a nice cup of tea and iron your favourite yellow polo shirt.

Unbiased position my A.

In the name of balance please watch this historic video

Back to OP topic and timeframe, comes this timeless classic of gibberishness that foretells of 2 and half years worth of poo.

Edited by Maha Sarakham Marty

They're plenty of people here who also want fair elections to be held and respected, and furthermore wish for democracy to be continued to be respected after the polls, but they clearly aren't Yingluck supporters...so no, none of any of that stuff is what leads me to believe you are a Yingluck supporter.

More to do with things like, for example, on this thread, the way it has bothered you why a video of the caretaker PM has been posted and your demands to know why. I don't know either, but it certainly never bothered me. A politician making a prize idiot of themselves is reason enough for me, and if there are other videos of other politicians making an equal fool of themselves, you won't hear me complaining or moaning.

As someone else has advised, if it bothers you so much, why don't you stop squawking at us and contact the person who actually posted it?

It will probably come as no surprise to you that in fact there is other video in existence of other politicians making an equal fool of themselves, but it is this particular video that has been posted here. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make? It isn't about whether Yingluck is great or not, its about the balance of views - or apparent lack of them - on this forum. Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm just trying to highlight an imbalance which for example highly respected media outlets such as the BBC would be taken to task for.

Does trying to highlight this imbalance make me a red supporter? It could do, or it could just be that I'm highlighting an imbalance. Make your own mind up. Oh...you already have.

Edited by 15Peter20

It will probably come as no surprise to you that in fact there is other video in existence of other politicians making an equal fools of themselves, but it is this particular video that has been posted here. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make? It isn't about whether Yingluck is great or not, its about the balance of views - or apparent lack of them - on this forum. Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm just trying to highlight an imbalance which for example highly respected media outlets such as the BBC would be taken to task for.

To correct your perceived imbalance, you could post a video of Yingluk being articulate (in any language you choose, with subtitles), giving intelligent responses to questions and well-reasoned arguments to support her ideas. Like precious jewels, their scarcity will make it even more valuable to forum members.

Good luck with that.

• Like 1

It will probably come as no surprise to you that in fact there is other video in existence of other politicians making an equal fools of themselves, but it is this particular video that has been posted here. Can't you see the point I'm trying to make? It isn't about whether Yingluck is great or not, its about the balance of views - or apparent lack of them - on this forum. Yes, I could PM the OP, but that wouldn't change anything. I'm just trying to highlight an imbalance which for example highly respected media outlets such as the BBC would be taken to task for.

To correct your perceived imbalance, you could post a video of Yingluk being articulate (in any language you choose, with subtitles), giving intelligent responses to questions and well-reasoned arguments to support her ideas. Like precious jewels, their scarcity will make it even more valuable to forum members.

Good luck with that.

Don't be silly. We all know that's impossible in English. If another video were to be posted to level the playing field bias-wise it would be something like Suthep saying he doesn't respect foreigners. Both Yingluck's lack of English and Suthep's lack of respect for foreigners would both be pertinent to an English speaking forum. But you willfully ignore the imbalance of course because you are biased. That's okay, it is your right to be biased and good luck to you. But not to acknowledge the fact that it is not balanced to show one without the other is just a symptom of your bias, not a reflection of impartial reporting.

PS - There's no point in me posting another clip trying to correct the imbalance because god knows I'm not trying to persuade you or anyone else of any particular political leaning. It is for the OP, representing the forum, to correct the imbalance they themselves initiated. Better not to have posted it at all and kept the respect of those looking for impartial reportage.

Wouldn't be surprised if this post gets deleted, actually.

Edited by 15Peter20