breaking in company (LTD) and burglary

helle

I am writing to inquire for advice or information about the following case. I am a Belgian citizen and in 2010 I made an investment in Thailand,"Isaan". I took over an LTD, which was stolen from me due to robbery, theft and false documents made by the director/manager of the company .

As mentioned above, in 2010 I took over an LTD in the "Isaan". There were 3 shareholders (myself included) one of whom was appointed director/manager. I paid for my shares. After a year "general meeting" I started to notice that the director/manager was using company profits for her own private purposes. Subsequently there were 3 burglaries with theft of company goods ( fittings) and personal items money ,motor, computer, smart Phone , juxelry... (theft which was confessed by the director/manager in front of the police !),

I was threatened, refused entrance to my own company and eventually the director/manager produced false documents (false lease) preparing the conditions to take over completely the LTD and restarting in her own private name . There is an official document of the ‘Department of Business Development’ a concise evidence.

On several occasions I made official complaints at the police station (with translator) in the city of the company , but where my complaints were not taken seriously. Moreover the director/manager confessed a burglary even in front of the police station. I also went to the police at Korat but they referred me back to the police at my company city. Even accompagnied by my lawyer the police only partially made a written statement. Until this date (more than 1 year after the crimes) no action was taken to initiate this case before a criminal court.

My complaints are not taken seriously by the local authorities (police official {3 zilver stars ???}, I know that the manager/director payd the "pol. "

For !

I already have a registered letter addressed to the Thai ombudsmane and foreign affairs of Belgium and Thailand!

I have already start a civil court case but criminal is the duthy of the police and Prosecutor criminal court ?

also the chambers of Belgium advice me "yes , you cane take civil , coopratief and criminal case actions against the director /manager and Co. ,but don't thake the case (Presedent of the chamber is a lawyer and once a law office )

What do I do best? (stolen goods +/-1.500.000Bath)

Edited by metisdead
Underscore removed so as to be legible. Font reset to normal.

I wish had something constructive to add or some advice. Unfortunately, I don't. Your post reminds me of something I see alot posted here on TVF. Something along the lines of "don't put any money into Thailand that you're not prepared to lose."

I wish had something constructive to add or some advice. Unfortunately, I don't. Your post reminds me of something I see alot posted here on TVF. Something along the lines of "don't put any money into Thailand that you're not prepared to lose."

Yes, i read that also on the forums !

So , i look in to the agreements between Kingdom Thailand and Belgium (there are two treaties between Belgium and Thailand Kingdom, an investment protection and one on the right assistance in court and police. And I also started a "LTD" = about the same of a corporation in Europe ( SA / NV - BVBA)

Edited by helle

Forget it. You'll just end up spending more money on a useless quest. You're not important enough I'm afraid, to buck the system. Not really any different from the 'I bought a house and car and now she's thrown me out' scenario.

I hear you but was faced with your scenario (fraud/stolen ownership of property) and won a court case, then a counter sue"d court case resulting in me getting what is rightfully mine back.

Sure it cost money and time (2.5 yrs) but sometimes it's worth not just rolling over and taking it where the sun don't shine.

Get a good Lawyer, one you can understand in Thailand!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

a story Always have 2 or more sides ! So,same story but "the criminal case side" !

And this case hes several offenses ,company law and civil law ,I have take court action for civil law en company law , and than you have the criminal court ( theft, burglary, use of falsified official documents for official institutions (government, ...) = for police and procecuter ? )

a story Always have 2 or more sides ! So,same story but "the criminal case side" !

And this case hes several offenses ,company law and civil law ,I have take court action for civil law en company law , and than you have the criminal court ( theft, burglary, use of falsified official documents for official institutions (government, ...) = for police and procecuter ? )

So why start an entirely new thread when it's the same story?

Expecting a different outcome?

Forget it. You'll just end up spending more money on a useless quest. You're not important enough I'm afraid, to buck the system. Not really any different from the 'I bought a house and car and now she's thrown me out' scenario.

I hear you but was faced with your scenario (fraud/stolen ownership of property) and won a court case, then a counter sue"d court case resulting in me getting what is rightfully mine back.

Sure it cost money and time (2.5 yrs) but sometimes it's worth not just rolling over and taking it where the sun don't shine.

@ also " bad luck " and yes the case is +/- little money !

BUT , "Belgium and Kingdom Thailand have agreements signed " 1 for safe investments, and 1 for legal law!

An agreement is above the Thai law and must be lived after. If not, who wants to invest more money in Kingdom Thailand!

Belgian Official Journal ; dd13-07-'10 pg 45850 ,... and dd27-08-'04 pg 63437,...

So why start an entirely new thread when it's the same story?

Expecting a different outcome?

2 sides (Civil law and Criminal law ) = this thread is for the "Criminal side"

@ also " bad luck " and yes the case is +/- little money !

BUT , "Belgium and Kingdom Thailand have agreements signed " 1 for safe investments, and 1 for legal law!

An agreement is above the Thai law and must be lived after. If not, who wants to invest more money in Kingdom Thailand!

Belgian Official Journal ; dd13-07-'10 pg 45850 ,... and dd27-08-'04 pg 63437,...

Nothing is above Thai-Law in Thailand. In the Isaan-Pampa, nobody gives a "Rat's ass" what is written in some "Belgian Official Journal."

Unless you can manage to involve the Belgian Embassy in this case (and elevate the whole thing into a political matter), your chances of achieving something in your favor is practically zero.

AND:The sum in question is not enough for the Belgian Government to risk "future good relations with the kingdom of Thailand".

AND: Whatever was "stolen", was sold in Laos or Cambodia a long time ago !

Move on with your live! How many Farangs are fleeced out of their "Investments in Thailand" every year ? Good luck.

Cheers.

• Like 2