Dilema

Adam666

Adam. My son is 23, In the military with his whole life ahead of him just like you. I suggested to him to see the world and experiece it all. He told me he wants too. I told him like I'd tell you. Don't get married until your about 30. There is a whole big world out there full of women at every turn. Your very young and things change! I would also strongly recommend that you get a college degree under your belt. You'll have more options and open doors. Just stop and think of all your options!!!! The real world out there takes quite a bit of money to support a wife and family. I only hope for your sake that your not one of those "got to have it now types" Usually that doesn't pan out to well. When you think, make sure it is with the head on your shoulders and not the other.

Good luck kid. You got the world by the balls and you don't even know it!!!!!!!!!

Do you really think a college degree is that important? I have a good degree from a top UK university and i don't think it has helped me particularly. I tried to get into banking after i left University but found it extremely difficult to get a job. I was lucky i fell into something else after a year of looking but this was through a family contact. Degrees are now extremely epensive and those students without financial help from parents graduate with huge debts in the UK and even more so in the United States.

My TGF has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Bangkok university and she has found things the same here as I did back in the UK. She graduated over a year ago and is still looking for a job.

Out of the people i keep in touch with from University the most successful are the ones who dropped out and got into the world of work before the financial services cull in 2003.

Some of the ones who graduated still work in low paying temporary jobs even though they all have excellent qualifications and all the required skills for higher paying jobs. Before people come out and say "they must be lazy" or "they aren't trying hard enough" believe me they are.

Unless you have graduated recently you don't realise that a good degree does not automatically equal a good job and bright prospects.

Adam. My son is 23, In the military with his whole life ahead of him just like you. I suggested to him to see the world and experiece it all. He told me he wants too. I told him like I'd tell you. Don't get married until your about 30. There is a whole big world out there full of women at every turn. Your very young and things change! I would also strongly recommend that you get a college degree under your belt. You'll have more options and open doors. Just stop and think of all your options!!!! The real world out there takes quite a bit of money to support a wife and family. I only hope for your sake that your not one of those "got to have it now types" Usually that doesn't pan out to well. When you think, make sure it is with the head on your shoulders and not the other.

Good luck kid. You got the world by the balls and you don't even know it!!!!!!!!!

Yes I think a good degree is VITAL as a starting point. Granted now you need a Masters more often than not. No Problem there as compared to 40 years ago .. the numbers of people graduating with college degrees now are about equal to High school grads back then.

Yes some people with degrees don't get jobs intheir fields etc ... most do ... and most jobs worth having at all REQUIRE a degree ... not in the field but in ANY field

Do you really think a college degree is that important? I have a good degree from a top UK university and i don't think it has helped me particularly. I tried to get into banking after i left University but found it extremely difficult to get a job. I was lucky i fell into something else after a year of looking but this was through a family contact. Degrees are now extremely epensive and those students without financial help from parents graduate with huge debts in the UK and even more so in the United States.

My TGF has a degree in Electrical Engineering from Bangkok university and she has found things the same here as I did back in the UK. She graduated over a year ago and is still looking for a job.

Out of the people i keep in touch with from University the most successful are the ones who dropped out and got into the world of work before the financial services cull in 2003.

Some of the ones who graduated still work in low paying temporary jobs even though they all have excellent qualifications and all the required skills for higher paying jobs. Before people come out and say "they must be lazy" or "they aren't trying hard enough" believe me they are.

Unless you have graduated recently you don't realise that a good degree does not automatically equal a good job and bright prospects.

I think that a person with an engineering degree has a much greater chance of getting an engineering job, than a person without an engineering degree . I don't think most engineering companies would normally consider someone with only a high school degree for an engineering position (it is possible in exceptional cases).

Normally, it is best for recent engineering grads to apply to large companies that have the resources and interest in developing new graduates (for example, HP is famous for its new grad training program). Some companies wish to train new grads, some do not.

Small companies often require experienced engineers who can work independently and do not want new graduates.. Small companies often do not have the resources to spend on developing new engineers.

This conclusion is based on my experience working for engineering companies in the U.S. I don't know how it works in Thailand.

-q