Anyone made an Indian visa in BKK - together with Thai wife?

Some Links:

My wife (Thai) applied for it last year, no major issue.

Last time I applied, the requirements were tighted, and they were asking for a Work Permit (Business Visa).

If you have the proper documentation, it's really a painless process.

India, painless? Surely you jest.

Looks like I will pay approx 100% over her visa for being American and a non Thai as well.

Website is broken, online security certificate invalid. Phone auto disconnects.

I am not working here, non O "marriage"

Sigh...India

India, painless? Surely you jest.

Looks like I will pay approx 100% over her visa for being American and a non Thai as well.

Website is broken, online security certificate invalid. Phone auto disconnects.

I am not working here, non O "marriage"

Sigh...India

Yes, for having applied twice in Bangkok and once in Singapore, the process here is amazingly painless ... I don't guarantee anything once you land there :-)

If you are on a non-O Visa only, you might get asked more questions, as they required some proof of residence here and process might take longer.

If you are on a Yellow Tabien Baan (Hous registration), that should do it.

Good luck.

The only problem that you may have is that the Indian embassy expects you to apply in your home country so you may need to prove that you have been resident in Thailand for a number of years. Whenever I have been there I have always had to supply passports going back several years so that they could check the visa stamps. The process is a lot smoother since they started using a 3rd party company to process visas but from what I remember (it's been a few years now) your initial application had to be done online.

All my passports are back in US. I have held three visas incl a ten year vusa which was tranf 2x. I absolutely cannot be bothered with this crap. Im on a non o here for two years (did scan all my Thai visas at one time (50?).

Love wife to see the North, but I am not going to put up with that nonsense. Its such a screwed up country the nonsense flows even oitside its borders.

Over b3k for three weeks - sorry India, the world is a big place.

Thanks everyone for input.

PS have expat couples in India as friends. Came to Thailand, love it. Bye bye India. Six long term expats leaving over visa hassles (most us pp holders). Economy will survive, but when I think about the assets the banks will lose, bet it's near one million dollars. Some invested in govt instruments, time deposits - at time when the common folk are buying gold <deleted>.

Edited by fifthcolumn

The only problem that you may have is that the Indian embassy expects you to apply in your home country so you may need to prove that you have been resident in Thailand for a number of years. Whenever I have been there I have always had to supply passports going back several years so that they could check the visa stamps. The process is a lot smoother since they started using a 3rd party company to process visas but from what I remember (it's been a few years now) your initial application had to be done online.

Yes, and via Win7 and latest FFox update, the site is broken - invalid certificate. Insecure. Not place I want to put sensitive personal details, especially re India. Especially any card details!

Phone disconnects.

Typical, really.

Indonesia or Phils for snorkeling, Nepal trekking, Mongolia adventures, Palau, NZ camping expedition.