PDRC Rally will likely cause blood shortages: Thai Red Cross

webfact

PDRC Rally will likely cause blood shortages

BANGKOK, 10 Jan 2014 (NNT) – The National Blood Center of the Thai Red Cross Society has expressed concerns over daily blood supply which might be insufficient for nationwide hospitals as people are inconvenient to make blood donations due to the planned mass rally in the capital by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC).

The center's director, Dr. Soisa-ang Pikulsod, said the majority of donors would not be able to come to the National Blood Center on Henri Dunant Road and other centers in Bangkok due to the gathering on January 13th. She said that it is likely that on that day it would not be able to obtain the target of 1,500 - 2,000 liters of blood per day, thanks to the gathering.

In order to prevent the possible shortage, the center has established 4 temporary blood donation points in Bangkok and its vicinity which are The Mall department store in Bang Khae, Central super market in Bang Na, Siam Commercial Bank headquarters on Ratchayothin Road, and Thai Life Insurance Public Company Limited's office on Rattanathibet road in Nonthaburi province.

The venues open for blood donations from 9 AM to 3 PM.

For more information, donors can contact the National Blood Center at 02-256-4300 and 02-263-9600 to 99 ext 1101.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-10 footer_n.gif

Robby nz, on 10 Jan 2014 - 10:09, said:snapback.png

Why don't they set up donation centers at the protest sites ?

I have seen mobile donation sites before.

I am sure there would be many there who would be happy to donate.

Because that would be the logical sensible thing to do and wouldn't scare the crap out of people.

Why doesn't Suthep invite them to the rally sites ?

Even better why don't the cops and the army invite them to the barracks to ask for donations ?

Going to have to stop trying to use logic either that or go to another country.

• Like 1

Latest Govt Statement

(in the manner of private Frazier)

"We're doomed, we're all doomed!"

Yes, shocking that even the supposedly neutral Red Cross are stoking fear on behalf of the Government now. And you wouldn't believe the latest statement from the US Embassy. It confirms the conspiracists' worst suspicions. The Embassy is obviously nothing but a front for Thaksin and a Thai government mouthpiece.

'We advise you to plan ahead. It is prudent to ensure you have a week’s supply of cash, keep your mobile communications devices charged, and stock a two week supply of essential items such as food, water...'

http://bangkok.usembassy.gov/service.html

Good thing we saw through the latest ploy by the globalists. This is it, folks. This is what Thaksin and his Carlyle Group cronies are capable of. (lol)

• Like 1

Latest Govt Statement

Yes, shocking that even the supposedly neutral Red Cross are stoking fear on behalf of the Government now. And you wouldn't believe the latest statement from the US Embassy. It confirms the conspiracists' worst suspicions. The Embassy is obviously nothing but a front for Thaksin and a Thai government mouthpiece.

'We advise you to plan ahead. It is prudent to ensure you have a weeks supply of cash, keep your mobile communications devices charged, and stock a two week supply of essential items such as food, water...'

Good thing we saw through the latest ploy by the globalists. This is it, folks. This is what Thaksin and his Carlyle Group cronies are capable of. (lol)

There's a difference between telling people how to prepare for the next week and predicting the worst case scenario. Suthep isn't going to call it off so tell people what to do in a less sensationalist manner is all I'm saying.

Though to be fair that is what this article does at the end of the story.

Edited by Bluespunk
  • Like 1

Latest Govt Statement

'We advise you to plan ahead. It is prudent to ensure you have a weeks supply of cash, keep your mobile communications devices charged, and stock a two week supply of essential items such as food, water...'

There's a difference between telling people how to prepare for the next week and predicting the worst case scenario. Suthep isn't going to call it off so tell people what to do in a less sensationalist manner is all I'm saying.

Though to be fair that is what this article does at the end of the story.

I know, I'm just being sarcastic because I don't think the Thai Red Cross are speaking on behalf of the government. Anyway, Chadchart's statement seems to be pretty exemplary in this respect:

'BANGKOK, Jan 9 - Caretaker Transport Minister Chadchart Sittipunt on Thursday reassured the public that the transport system in the Thai capital will not be paralysed when the anti-government demonstrators carry out their planned blockage of Bangkok’s major streets on Monday.

Mr Chadchart said a center has been set up to monitor the situation. Public can get updates at www.MOT.go.th and Hotline number 1356.

The minister said he was positive that the planned shutdown by the People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) would not affect how people commute as public transport will operate normally on Monday. However, there will be a final rehearsal for all the public transportation systems on Friday in preparation for the shutdown next week.'

http://www.mcot.net/site/content?id=52ce7ca9150ba01e6600016d#.Us-E-7QipLl

Gives the information required and doesn't encourage people to start panicking. Exactly the sort of thing the govt should be saying, you're right. It's just I didn't think their other statements were *that* over the top.

• Like 2

Interesting to read that a possible decrease in blood spending in Bangkok might cause insufficient supply to nationwide hospitals.

Maybe time to start blood donation campaigns outside Bangkok ? Give those other 55 million Thais a chance to help and donate?

• Like 1

Latest Govt Statement

'We advise you to plan ahead. It is prudent to ensure you have a week’s supply of cash, keep your mobile communications devices charged, and stock a two week supply of essential items such as food, water...'

Don't be idiotic. The US is not a front for Thaksin. Not saying they don't support him, however if they did, it would be their own agenda and not his. Whoever furthers their -short term- plans would be who they back. Don't know who that would be here.

Interesting to read that a possible decrease in blood spending in Bangkok might cause insufficient supply to nationwide hospitals.

Maybe time to start blood donation campaigns outside Bangkok ? Give those other 55 million Thais a chance to help and donate?

"Maybe time to start blood donation campaigns outside Bangkok ? Give those other 55 million Thais a chance to help and donate?"

How Bangkokcentric a statement is that! Does that mean only Bangkokians donate blood? Last time the northerners donated blood you all complained whistling.gif

Latest Govt Statement

Don't be idiotic. The US is not a front for Thaksin. Not saying they don't support him, however if they did, it would be their own agenda and not his. Whoever furthers their -short term- plans would be who they back. Don't know who that would be here.

Don't suppose you do irony?

"Maybe time to start blood donation campaigns outside Bangkok ? Give those other 55 million Thais a chance to help and donate?"

How Bangkokcentric a statement is that! Does that mean only Bangkokians donate blood? Last time the northerners donated blood you all complained whistling.gif

My dear fabs, don't blame me, but those from the OP, the National Blood Center of the Thai Red Cross Society as they had expressed concerns over daily blood supply which might be insufficient for nationwide hospitals.

BTW outside Bangkok is a wee bit more than just North

Their contributions from Isaan would be 75% viable plasma and 25% alcohol.

I guess there is no HIV screening?

The UK won't accept mine due to past incidences of Malaria, Hepatitis C, Dengue fever and etc.

• Like 1

Their contributions from Isaan would be 75% viable plasma and 25% alcohol.

I guess there is no HIV screening?

The UK won't accept mine due to past incidences of Malaria, Hepatitis C, Dengue fever and etc.

actually I wonder how many of TV's finest actually donate blood in Thailand..?

do they actually accept farang blood in Thailand ? or is it seen racially inferior and not same same kon Thai blood and do you need a work permit ?...rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

She said that it is likely that on that day it would not be able to obtain the target of 1,500 - 2,000 liters of blood per day, thanks to the gathering.

Can this be more bias. The article had to add a smart remark in there "thanks to the gathering." Wow, I thought to myself, an official from the Red Cross would actually make that statement. Then I read on and found out it was the government sponsored news agency. Wow...more low and dirty tricks. How low can they go! Can someone get the lady on the line and have her explain her comments or maybe sue the government for slander.

She said that it is likely that on that day it would not be able to obtain the target of 1,500 - 2,000 liters of blood per day, thanks to the gathering.

Can this be more bias. The article had to add a smart remark in there "thanks to the gathering." Wow, I thought to myself, an official from the Red Cross would actually make that statement. Then I read on and found out it was the government sponsored news agency. Wow...more low and dirty tricks. How low can they go! Can someone get the lady on the line and have her explain her comments or maybe sue the government for slander.

Err, what government??