Bangkok to Pranburi

chappie1207

Bangkok -> Samut Sakhon -> Samut Songkhram -> Petchaburi -> Cha-Am -> Hua Hin -> Pranburi

Are you driving ? If so then there's really only one way.

Head out of Bangkok onto the '35' road, continue past Samut Sakhon and Samun Songkhram then turn left onto the Phetkasem road at the big junction and head south. This road takes you through or through Petchaburi, Cha-Am and Hua Hin on the way to Pranburi which is not far past Hua Hin.

Check out google maps - there's not many big national roads so the chances of getting lost are quite limited once you're pointed in the right direction.

Bangkok -> Samut Sakhon -> Samut Songkhram -> Petchaburi -> Cha-Am -> Hua Hin -> Pranburi

Are you driving ? If so then there's really only one way.

Head out of Bangkok onto the '35' road, continue past Samut Sakhon and Samun Songkhram then turn left onto the Phetkasem road at the big junction and head south. This road takes you through or through Petchaburi, Cha-Am and Hua Hin on the way to Pranburi which is not far past Hua Hin.

Check out google maps - there's not many big national roads so the chances of getting lost are quite limited once you're pointed in the right direction.

Thanks but sadly no car, have to rely on public transport but have never been there before so need advice.

I imagine if you want to go there you are heading for the beach. This is a long way from Pranburi town and if you don't have a car it will be awkward getting there. You've two choices to go affordably. One is the train from Hualamphong station (not sure of the times, think it might go late morning/lunch time). If your staying at KSR an agency there can get you a ticket for an added fee. Taking the train is longer and is around 4-4.5 hours from memory but is very relaxing and scenic. There's tables on the train so you can eat and they serve beer as well which is good.

Trains don't seem to be too safe of late so it's your choice (in fact all public transport in Thailand has some risk).

The other option is to take a minibus from Victory monument to Hua Hin (not sure if there are ones all the way to Pranburi but there might be). Last time I took one about 3/4 years ago it was 180B one way to Hua Hin. Takes about 3 hours and they drive very fast and it's not as scenic or as easy to see as sitting on a train. Once you get to Hua Hin I imagine there would be minibuses or local buses to Pranburi (town). I have never seen any public transport going to or at the beaches. There MIGHT be a Songthaew but otherwise you will have to charter one/or something to get here. It's quite a distance to the beach, maybe a 30 minute drive and possibly more depending on where you going, so It wouldn't be that cheap for a charter.

Also once you get here, there are several beaches and this stretch runs for miles so without a car you need to know in advance where your going or want to stay. I guess you might be aware of somewhere already but I quick search would bring something up.

I don't know your situation but it's worth mentioning that the beach area is predominantly upmarket with 'boutique' hotels and resorts and so it's expensive. If your looking for somewhere cheaper I've only spotted one place at the northern end of the beach before. I think they were 500B ish a night but I haven't been to Pranburi beach for a couple of years. It's very nice there though, and quiet.

There does appear to be a direct train from Bangkok to Pranburi http://www.railway.co.th/checktime/checktime.asp?lenguage=Eng

Departs Bangkok at 15:35 arrives in Parnburi 20:34 (or in my experience within a couple of hours of this time)

Click this link to see train route / times : Train No.169
Edited by ukrules