Help in ID'ing my blood pressure tablets

giddyup

I've been taking the same BP pills for about a year without any side effects, so would prefer to stay on the same medication. Problem is I've forgotten the brand name and I made the mistake of not keeping one in the foil.. I take them out of the foil and snap them in half as the doctor suggested, so all I have are the halves of round, white pills with the letters mE stamped on one half. Anyone have a clue?

Best you ask the DR. who originated your treatment.

It is virtually impossible to identify your medication from the description given.

Really? I thought all pills were identifiable. Not only that, there is a strong possibility that I'm not the only person in Thailand taking this particular medication.

It is virtually impossible to identify your medication from the description given.

Really? I thought all pills were identifiable. Not only that, there is a strong possibility that I'm not the only person in Thailand taking this particular medication.

It was you who removed the possibility of identifying the medication.

There are dozens , maybe hundreds of possibilities.

Take your broken pills to a pharmacist if he/she is feeling brave they may attempt to "identify" the medication.

It is your decision whether to accept or reject the "identification "

It was you who removed the possibility of identifying the medication.

There are dozens , maybe hundreds of possibilities.

Take your broken pills to a pharmacist if he/she is feeling brave they may attempt to "identify" the medication.

It is your decision whether to accept or reject the "identification "

Let me ask you what qualifies you to give me this information? There are registers that identify pills by their colour, shape and markings, otherwise they might as well make all pills round and white. I doubt if there are 100's of possibilities for a blood pressure pill that has the marking mE. If you can't offer anything useful, perhaps there is someone who can.

Edited by giddyup

Were these obtained in Thailand? And was there a C above the Me?

If so may have been Cardeloc 100 mg tabs (metoprolol). (50 mg would be a common dosage) If so it is a beta blocker and your pulse would tend to be slower taking it, say in the 50's to low 60's.

Go to a pharmacy and ask for Cardeloc and see if that seems to be it.

Were these obtained in Thailand? And was there a C above the Me?

If so may have been Cardeloc 100 mg tabs (metoprolol). (50 mg would be a common dosage) If so it is a beta blocker and your pulse would tend to be slower taking it, say in the 50's to low 60's.

Go to a pharmacy and ask for Cardeloc and see if that seems to be it.

There is an A above the line with a small m and a capital E underneath. The pic below for Cardeloc has the exact same mE but mine has an A above the line instead of a C. Thanks, that should narrow it down.

post-130068-0-01768300-1389406629_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Thanks for the help (aside from Sceptic11), through your info I identified my medication as Betaloc 100. The Pharmacy no longer has that brand, so I'm now on Metoprolol 100, which is apparently the same thing. This is the markings on my old pills.

post-130068-0-64380400-1389417952_thumb.

Edited by giddyup

Telling people to discontinue their medication without a professional advise is so very dangerous. Like many other said it could lead to a cardiovascular event! You off course can do diet and exercise and perhaps can reduce the meds dosage to the point where you might be able to stop them but must be under professional monitor and tapering the dosage gradually.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by lopburi3
correct post per second try

• 2 weeks later...

Telling people to discontinue their medication without a professional advise is so very dangerous. Like many other said it could lead to a cardiovascular event! You off course can do diet and exercise and perhaps can reduce the meds dosage to the point where you might be able to stop them but must be under professional monitor and tapering the dosage gradually.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

DUH

No one is telling him to stop the meds this second, it takes a couple of weeks

FIRST you eat the proper food

THEN when your numbers are down you drop the meds

Edited by Kitsune