Pool Questions

tassini

Hi Guys,

I have a couple of queries that I hope the experts out there can advise me on.

1. We have 3 led lights in our pool. Pool contractor wants to use 1 transformer to run all 3 lights, my opinion is that each light should have its own transformer. Which is correct?

2. More seriously is the pool plumbing! All of the pool plumbing has been put in using the thicker gauge poly pipe (13.5 as opposed to 8.5) up to just outside the equipment room. Over the last 2 days they completed the final short run to the room (approx 3m) and all of the connections and plumbing of pumps, filters, etc. however upon checking they have used the thinner 8.5 gauge pipe for this work. I went ballistic and have told them it must all be changed to the thicker 13.5 pipe. He is arguing that it is not necessary. Before build contract was awarded it was confirmed to me that all pipe would be in the 13.5. Question is, should the pipe be changed to the thicker gauge for this final 3m and inside the equipment room.

Many thanks, Tas

dont stress over the pvc , the thicker wall is for added impact protection during construction and also the eyelets slip inside the thicker wall pvc ,8.5 is fine .... as for the transformer one will suffice ....goodluck enjoy the pool

• 2 weeks later...