Construction Permits

merryweather

Please can anyone tell us or point us towards a website that defines what types of building work requires a construction permit?

eg

Garden Wall

Store room on existing house

Roof extension

Walling in sub-structure on existing house

New Balcony on existing house

Modifying the interior of a house

New rooms on side of existing house

Garden shed

Sala

Pond/fish pool with or without waterfall system

thanks very much

M

Please can anyone tell us or point us towards a website that defines what types of building work requires a construction permit?

eg

Garden Wall

Store room on existing house

Roof extension

Walling in sub-structure on existing house

New Balcony on existing house

Modifying the interior of a house

New rooms on side of existing house

Garden shed

Sala

Pond/fish pool with or without waterfall system

thanks very much

M

Hello and :o to Thaivisa.

A very good question, unfortunately, TiT (This is Thailand) and there will be as many answers as there are districts (actually as many answers as there are planning officers).

It very much depends where you live, out in the sticks you could probably do any of what you say with no problems, in a major conurbation you'll need permission for everything except, probably, the gardening stuff, in a village half way between the two.

If you live in a moo-baan development you may even need to get permission for the gardening as well :D

So, a visit to your development office / head man / Tambon office with your plans in hand is required.

Thanks for the welcome and the reply.

I had a feeling it wouldnt be a simple answer but

to have a contract and drawings etc for even the smallest jobs would make it difficult to make improvements to a property.

we'll try and see

cheers

M

When we built our house in Isan i asked the builder about permits, he thought that i had gone of my head. :o

He said

'' Its your land, if you want to build a house, why do you want to ask anyone else ?'' :D

A good post and I hope someone can come up with a definitive answer. The last thing any of us want is to be caught having broken a rule after having spent a fortune on building.

Thais might get away with such things, but the cash cow farang? I doubt it very much.