baking soda and Epson salt in CM

wigantojapan

Epsom salts are called dii gleua farang in Thai. Don't know exactly where you can get them in CM, but try a large drugstore, and if they don't have them in stock, and you're willing to buy a relatively large amount (say, 10 kg or more), they could probably order them special for you.

In Bangkok, epsom salts are available at the large drugstore on Sukhumvit just past soi 4, heading toward Siam (near the gas station), 1 kg for 60 baht. They usually have it in stock.

Edited by Ajaan

Over here it`s called, sodium bicarbonate. Great for getting rid of gas and heartburn also.

It can be bought at the big supermarkets, Tesco Lotus, Big C and the Rimping. Usually stocked on the shelves nearby the salt or spice and cooking powders.

The brand pictured below cost approx 13 baht a packet. Sodium bicarbonate.can also be purchased at some of the larger drug stores, usually more expensive in there because they come in plastic containers, but it`s the same stuff sold in the supermarkets.

post-110219-0-25455800-1389459471_thumb.

you can buy a kilo at Bakery mart in Nong Hoi for about 20 Baht. packed in house; no brand. everybody should be washing their vegetables in this stuff. it will get rid of all the dangerous chemicals that have been sprayed on them.

never been able to find epsom salt here.

There is a small baking supply shop behind Smith Residence (near CM Gate) beside an excellent corner bakery. I buy baking soda there in 1kg bags, forget the price, not expensive. No idea if they supply epson salt.

[edit map http://chiangmaismithres.com/mainsite/wp-content/gallery/map/chiagnmai-map_new_smith.jpg ]

Doug

Edited by ThaiHerbs

Over here it`s called, sodium bicarbonate. Great for getting rid of gas and heartburn also.

It can be bought at the big supermarkets, Tesco Lotus, Big C and the Rimping. Usually stocked on the shelves nearby the salt or spice and cooking powders.

The brand pictured below cost approx 13 baht a packet. Sodium bicarbonate.can also be purchased at some of the larger drug stores, usually more expensive in there because they come in plastic containers, but it`s the same stuff sold in the supermarkets.

Epsom Salts is Magnesium sulphate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magnesium_sulfate

But if you require something for indigestion/heartburn, the Sodium bicarbonate will do.

Have you done soil testing to confirm that you really need to use magnesium sulfate in your garden? I'd wonder about that given what I see with the growing conditions here -- just because you needed to use epsom salt in the garden elsewhere in the world doesn't mean you need to use it here.

Have you done soil testing to confirm that you really need to use magnesium sulfate in your garden? I'd wonder about that given what I see with the growing conditions here -- just because you needed to use epsom salt in the garden elsewhere in the world doesn't mean you need to use it here.

at the time i need ed about 10g of epsom salts as there was some deficiency in the soil but i could only buy 50kg..the 10 g was enough for another 4 year cycle

As they use Epsom salt in mushroom farming here you might want to check a supply co. Or stop at the next shroom house you pass and ask

thanks but as mentioned before i have only seen 50kg bags i only need 2-3 kg maximum for all of my needs over a 2-3 year period thanks

I buy Epsom Salts (magnesium sulfate) at an ag chemical store on the 121 Hwy between the Chiang Rai Hwy and the old San Kaempang Hwy. they sell it in 1 kilo bags relatively cheaply. I haven't bought any in a while so I forget the price exactly.

the lady owner speaks good English. you don't need to know the Thai name there.

• 1 year later...