Leaving @ Suvanaburibum with + 5 Years overstay. Success.

I sure hope no immigration's officials are monitoring TV website, otherwise they get the wrong impressions

that people actually gloats about how easy is to circumvent the rules and will put a stop to it....

I'd say they'd get the right impression, for indeed there are many on TV.com who do gloat about circumventing the rules.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They usually are polite and professional. I'm more inclined to wonder that they were so accommodating to someone with a five year stay, which really takes some explaining. And you offered to pay the maximum? Did you think you had a choice, other than they might decide to haul you off to gaol for a short stay?

My faith in TV-ers has been restored! I would have thought that most people here would rail against illegal immigrants and over-stayers in their home-countries, but I was clearly wrong because I know for a fact that no-one could accept such a double standard...

It used to be just endless series of 30 day visa runs allowed but then Thailand got more strict with farangs because USA and EU got more strict with Thais in immigration matters. So it was kind of tit for tat.

Edited by Timwin

True the risk is small, but it's not unlikely to get arrested before you make it to the border. Get a small accident and you're likely turned inside out and not only in a medical way.

Of course readers can decide for themselves, but these kind of threads make overstaying an easy matter to deal with.

Edited by sniffdog

It is a good side business for Thai Immigration. 20000 Baht is equal to 22 tourist visas issued or about 6 tourist single entries using the whole 90 days. Especially for land border customs quite a nice catch. There are always 20-30 guys paying overstay in any given tourist visa run. 200000-300000 Baht easily per border, 6000-10000 dollars for 2 hour job.

I think your money amounts are a bit off, the max one will pay for overstay is 20,000baht equal to 606 dollars at 33baht to the dollar which is the current tt rate.

• Like 1

It is a good side business for Thai Immigration. 20000 Baht is equal to 22 tourist visas issued or about 6 tourist single entries using the whole 90 days. Especially for land border customs quite a nice catch. There are always 20-30 guys paying overstay in any given tourist visa run. 200000-300000 Baht easily per border, 6000-10000 dollars for 2 hour job.

I think your money amounts are a bit off, the max one will pay for overstay is 20,000baht equal to 606 dollars at 33baht to the dollar which is the current tt rate.

no he/she is right, they are talking about daily amounts not just one overstay amount. at the borders it probably is between 10 to 20 overstays per day which would make it between 6000-10000 dollars

They usually are polite and professional. I'm more inclined to wonder that they were so accommodating to someone with a five year stay, which really takes some explaining. And you offered to pay the maximum? Did you think you had a choice, other than they might decide to haul you off to gaol for a short stay?

No, as stated earlier the had some visa runs by train missing in their system. Not that that mad any difference though.

Very Lucky person good luck and come back

Not sure about that I did volunteer work, learned a new language and i did try to understand the people. I have to admit, yes i do speak Thai ok,and i do understand it quite as well. There are certain ways how you say things in Thai, which make no sense to me. The best thing i took with me is Buddhism.

But more or less.... i was scared as hell! Hearing about 42 days and over and all the hearsay and gossip.... Than you hit your embassy and the give you a bigger load of bull* ........

This entire issue is, well at least, uhm, tricky.

Let me point out a fact according to the current Thai immigration law:

If friend tells you he is on overstay. - If you do not report him you yourself can face a fine of up to 50000 THB, same as for shelter, help, etc.

i'd choose the weekend on purpose. The IDC was closed and it is way more paperwork get me transfer'd form the airport to there, than let me pass.

But let's be honest here - i'm not afraid of shit in my life. I will not wish anyone to sit on my chair @ suvanaburibum . Don't do it.

Edited by MattSiam

Stay for years only B20k... sounds tempting but you are at the mercy of anyone who might report you at any time. If that wasn't bad enough, and what with constantly changing politics, by the time you do leave the Kingdom the rules might have changed and you'd find yourself banged-up in prison without the pay-as-u-leave option. In fact, as time goes by, this is increasingly likely as Thailand develops as a country.

I think there should be a sticky in the forum warning people and spelling out the dangers in overstaying their visas.

Edited by RandomSand
  • Like 1

Thank you all for your lovely and considerate comments, i'm home now for two weeks - it is freezing, <deleted> cold - that alone is punishment enough to me. When i did start the topic, i wasn't sure if it would be the right thing to do.

But now thinking about it, i'm pretty confident i was not the only fool in paradise.

In the time i was in LOS i've seen quite some folks fail, properly 75% of all folks opening up a beer bar and so on.... Course, if you tell someone: this or or that goes, people will exploit it. There is nothing i can do to prevent it. To me it was important that you'll are able to get your game straight if you want, yes it takes a lot of post #34. But way better than living in an uncertain future.

Thanks folks

Matt