How Many Hours...

Doing this everyday?

For me it used to be about 2-2.5 hours

But since they dug up a large amount of Ram-Inthra road around Km8 and the heavy rain this week has increased that to over 4 hours (it can take me nearly 45min just to get the 2km out of my Soi and that at 630 in the morning!!!!!)

Good think I'm moving south of Ram-Inthra road end of next week...so hopefully my travel time will go back to something like it was before :D

On a side note with the increase in commuting time I've discovered that the seats in my Mazda3 become rather uncomfortable at around the 2 hour point :o and I can't change em coz they've got damned airbags fitted inside them.......

My former company was around 1 to 1.30 hrs (one way) a day but since I'd move to another company it has been 15 to 30 minutes (one way) a day. Kinda missed the usual 1 hr early morning nap on the way to work though :o

Explorer :D

45 minutes to an hour each way for me... from NaJomtien to Laem Chabang and vice versa in the evening.

:o

Can stretch to an hour and a half if there's been heavy rain... and easily 3 hours at Songkran.

It's not the bumper to bumper stuff I used to experience when commuting from lower Sukhumvit in BKK to Samut Prakarn though... that I don't miss at all.

:D

I usually spend about 30 minutes going each way. But, if I reach Sathon at Rama IV at about 4 PM it can take me an additional 20 minutes. The traffic light at Surasak is so long that I could leave the car and have a leisurely soi meal before it turned green.

Living on the outskirts of BKK, it takes me about 40 minutes to do the 23km drive to work and about 45 minutes to drive the 26km back (due to U-turns) at night. I consider myself VERY lucky compared to folks who have to work far downtown. The area where I work is fairly congested but is still considered the suburbs. That bumper to bumper traffic makes the old tub very thirsty!

I usually spend about 30 minutes going each way. But, if I reach Sathon at Rama IV at about 4 PM it can take me an additional 20 minutes. The traffic light at Surasak is so long that I could leave the car and have a leisurely soi meal before it turned green.

Hey Corky. Hats off to your choice of motors, but i do gotta ask the question why you stuck that ugly thing on the dash of your merc!

0 mins? but then again I don't have to work :o (yet) ... but yes I was stuck in the car for 45 mins at 1:30 am the other night!

moving to Krabi soon I think .... that'll end the insanity

Guys,

I have only been here for a month now, so everything seems to be different every day.

Some days it has taken 3.5 hours to get home, other days it takes 40 minutes. Fortunatley I don't have to go to the office every day.

Hey Corky. Hats off to your choice of motors, but i do gotta ask the question why you stuck that ugly thing on the dash of your merc!

The alternative was to fix it on with glue or bind a plate to the dash. This way I can just flop it there when I need it and take it off when I don't....with a simple lifting motion of the hand. Its base is just a heavy bean bag....it keeps the Garmin where I want it when I drive and I can stash it when I don't need it.