Suvarnabhumi Airport taxis with orange stickers to provide 24 hrs service

webfact

Airport taxis with orange stickers to provide 24 hrs service

PNSOC570113001000101_13012014_125821.jpg

BANGKOK, JANUARY 13, 2014 (NNT) - Over 6,000 taxis at Suvarnabhumi Airport will provide 24-hour service to passengers in Bangkok during the PDRC rally, and they will carry orange stickers on windscreens, both back and front, for easy notice to passengers.

Coordinator of the Public Taxi Drivers Group at Suvarnabhumi airport, Pathavee Meeraj said orange stickers will be attached on all airport taxis. He asked the anti-government People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) to allow those taxis the passage to drive passengers to their destinations.

Suvarnbhumi airport also arranged a special parking lot which can accommodate more than 3,000 cars and requires no parking fees. Mr Pathavee said people can take shuttle buses from the parking site to the first floor of the Passenger Terminal to commute on the Airport Link into the city.

The airport has also arranged extra shuttle bus service between the airport and nearest BTS Skytrain stations at On-nut and Lat Krabang. Commuters can take the shuttle buses from Gate 3 on the first floor of the Passenger Terminal.

As for those wishing to catch their planes, they are suggested to spare at least four hours for their travel to Suvarnabhumi airport, or resort to Airport Rail Link, BTS Skytrain or MRT underground train to avoid traffic congestion.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2014-01-13 footer_n.gif

Is it just me, or does that sticker say "Service staff are not polite"???

Am I missing something??

I think it means "IF" service staff are not polite" call the phone number below... but you never know.

Ah! Indeed. Makes sense. Must be one of my "special" days......

Thanks.

• Like 1

that's nice of the airport to provide for commuters, they don't have to do that. And they gave actual details too! kudos!!

I read an earlier headline about the sticker. I was expecting them to say "I am carrying a farang, please let us through". I don't see anything about that sticker that would let a protester on to what its about.

Edited by taony

those stickers went to the airport taxi mafia or were sold at an auction to the biggest envelope holders or given the PAD members and sympatisers or drivers from the south of the country?

all passengers in bangkok should have a right to halt any passing by taxi and be taken to the airport, without any hindrance.

with a limited taxi pool (from some tens of thousands to 6k), there would be a shortage and abuse of passengers - not switching on meters, arrogance of drivers, refusing fare, taking through a longer route etc

Edited by londonthai
  • Like 1

I think the point was to let protesters know that the taxis had 'special cargo' , that is tourists, and to let them through protest zones to their destination. That's what I got from the earlier article anyway. This article is rubbish.

Is it just me, or does that sticker say "Service staff are not polite"???

Am I missing something??

You are absolutely correct.

In a multi-clause conditional sentence in Thai, the word for 'if' is often omitted.

Example (of a sentence I encountered recently)

Literal word-for-word translation:

have emergency, call 081......

Accurate translation

In case of emergency, call 081........

So what we have on this sticker is a the former not the latter.

At least I think it is something they feel that they can do to maybe give people a little more confidence that tourists can get through.

Good on the AOT or whoever thought of it to provide that free parking space too - well done!

Edited by Greer