Penang Visa Trip

Just thought I'd add my own personal experience to add to the publicly available pool of knowledge.

Had read one or two posts on here that suggested most anybody could get an Non-Immig 'O' visa from Penang if they showed up with a smile and a bank book showing a wad of money in the account.

This is not the case. I am a single, 30 something British citizen with independent means who does not want to work for a year or two. I showed them a healthy bank book, a rental agreement in Thailand, proof that I had registered my address with immigration, and a return ticket out the country. My application was declined and I was given 6 months of tourist visas instead. They initmated if I had been a bit older they might have considered it, but for younger people looking for an extended stay in Thailand do not bother going all the way to Penang just to get a couple of tourist visas.

There are plenty of other places you can go that are easier to get to (from Phuket anyway).

JJ.

That sounds a real bummer JJ.

BTW, did you check out that shopping mall across from the KOMTAR called Gama department store ?

Some real babes working there mate. Worth the journey down they are. :o

No Markt, but checked out the Prangin mall and there were some real babes in there. I dunno that cute Chinese look does it for me even more than Thais!!! Just the thought of all those cute Malaysian 'good' girls wandering around :D . Maybe it was worth going after all :D

Other good feature of Prangin is it has more software shops than you can shake a stick at. All for 50 Baht a CD. Might be a good idea to check the s/w works before you leave the country though :o

JJ.

The immigration do now seen to favour older guys.

I know of one 60 year old who has been doing monthly border hops to Mai Sai for over 3 years with no problems.

i think maybe you know a 60 year old man who immigration feels sorry for. monthly border hops for over 3 years????? UGGGGHH

This is not the case. I am a single, 30 something British citizen with independent means who does not want to work for a year or two. I showed them a healthy bank book, a rental agreement in Thailand, proof that I had registered my address with immigration, and a return ticket out the country.
healthy bank book can get unhealthy so they need to see more than that. non immigrant O has some requirements

7. Evidence to identify that the supporter or the one being supported has a Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand.

a bank book showing a wad of money in the account

blow some of that wad on setting up a thai corporation, then go back and get a non immigrant B visa not an O

No Markt, but checked out the Prangin mall and there were some real babes in there. I dunno that cute Chinese look does it for me even more than Thais!!! Just the thought of all those cute Malaysian 'good' girls wandering around  . Maybe it was worth going after all 

you don't sound too bitter..."that cute chinese look does it for me"

No Markt, but checked out the Prangin mall and there were some real babes in there. I dunno that cute Chinese look does it for me even more than Thais!!! Just the thought of all those cute Malaysian 'good' girls wandering around :D . Maybe it was worth going after all :D

Other good feature of Prangin is it has more software shops than you can shake a stick at. All for 50 Baht a CD. Might be a good idea to check the s/w works before you leave the country though :o

JJ.

This MarkT ( T for Troller ) is one and the same as the Pom wanting to bring his bargirl to the UK after a long term ONE WEEK relationship :D

blow some of that wad on setting up a thai corporation, then go back and get a non immigrant B visa not an O

Appreciate the advice Huski but wouldn't setting up a Thai corporation involve me in 10 different types of bureaucracy and hassles such as tax returns etc???

Setting up a company (when I am not even working) sounds like an awful lot of aggravation unless you know different.

JJ

JJ.

This MarkT ( T for Troller ) is one and the same as the Pom wanting to bring his bargirl to the UK after a long term ONE WEEK relationship :D

Alas no. I'm not the member behind that post you refer to.

I actually sent a PM to that Mark telling him to be careful regarding his situation, but his return PM said that he had seen sense and he had kicked Pim into touch.

If i was going to create a new alias i would have chosen one that does not include my name. Something funny. Maybe a profession lumped together with a part of Bangkok perhaps ?......... :o