Opuntia ficus/Prickly Pear where to find cuttings?

giulio78

I live outside of Nakhon Sawan in Central Thailand, Have prickly pear growing in my yard, I do not know about the Opuntia Ficus, but it is prickly pear.

post-91962-0-43878500-1389694976_thumb.j post-91962-0-85382000-1389695023_thumb.j

post-91962-0-83952900-1389695079_thumb.j post-91962-0-97646100-1389695141_thumb.j

As I was born and raised in the Sonoran Desert area of North American, The Castus is like having a little bit of Sonora in my home in Thailand!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

kikoman: did you get any edible fruit out of them? i was pretty close to you (nakhom pathom) and today i just came back to south. bad luck. if you are willing to share a cutting i will probably be around central again in 2/3 months thanks!

No, we have not had any Cactus pears (tuna's in Mexico) as of yet , I was also wondering if the young tender pads were eatable as the one I have eaten in Arizona and Sonora, I believe all species are eatable!

You are welcome to drop by and get some cuttings of my cactus, to bad you could not come now as I have Two 3 pad cuttings I just cut off, as it was growing over the walk way. I could not give you more then 3 or 4 (2) pad cuttings until they grow a lot more. That is what I started with.

Contact me, before you can make the trip.

Cheers

kikoman: sorry i was without internet for couple of days, now it's too late for sure.

Thanks a lot anyway. I will contact you again when i am around central thailand

They Started turning yellow, so I had to plant them!

The offer is still open, when you come to central Thailand next time let me known and I will give you some cuttings. They will give cactus pears this year, see attached picture

post-91962-0-08667800-1390374217_thumb.j

Cheers,