Caesar Salad Made Table Side

racyrick

La Gaetana in town..

Thanks will give this a try.

The reason I said table side is that is usually the only way to get a real Caesar salad dressing made.

The Farang restaurant may taste good, but it is not the real Caesar dressing.

The dressing should not be white, it should be clear.

The Farang restaurant may taste good, but it is not the real Caesar dressing.

The dressing should not be white, it should be clear.

You're right, although it is a homemade dressing, but more of a 'ranch' style. I don't believe that there's a definitive 'Caeser' salad, either in contents or dressing, more a ball park that's down to the interpretation of the chef. Personally, I'd rather have my salad prepared in a hygienic kitchen rather than tableside.

anchovy is pretty expensive in villa (like everything else) so i use Thai fish sauce, i think it tastes pretty much the same in the dressing, adds the salty fishy taste

where do you think is the best place to get Romain lettuce? i usually get mine from We cafe on Jao Faa but i see Macro has it now

Do you want to know how to make one?

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/caesar_salad/

smile.png

Thanks-already know how to make at home.

Looking to eat at a restaurant.

By the way, the recipe is perfect except it should also have worcestershire sauce added in as well and then it would be perfect!

Well, yes, but there are other flaws with this recipe. The eggs should be yolks only! Also, add about a teaspoon of a good dijon mustard and about the same amount of a high quality well aged balsamic vinegar. I would also double the anchovies to four filets. And if you are doing this from scratch, tableside, using filets instead of paste has greater eye appeal (who wants to see something coming out of a tube?).

I know there are no rules, but these adjustments do provide a finer finished product.

Well, yes, but there are other flaws with this recipe. The eggs should be yolks only! Also, add about a teaspoon of a good dijon mustard and about the same amount of a high quality well aged balsamic vinegar. I would also double the anchovies to four filets. And if you are doing this from scratych, tableside, using filets instead of paste has greater eye appeal (who wants to see something coming out of a tube?).

I know there are no rules, but these adjustments do provide a finer finished product.

"well aged balsamic vinegar"??? only this and only few drops is around 500 baht.....because a 12 years old REAL italian balsamic vinegar is around 3.600 baht for 100 ml.

Slightly straying from the original OP I know, but I'm having a very good tuna salad at Cookies right now, this with a home made olive oil based dressing. Both this and the Caeser salad are 110 baht. Great value.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

post-62520-13899422095604_thumb.jpg

Well, yes, but there are other flaws with this recipe. The eggs should be yolks only! Also, add about a teaspoon of a good dijon mustard and about the same amount of a high quality well aged balsamic vinegar. I would also double the anchovies to four filets. And if you are doing this from scratych, tableside, using filets instead of paste has greater eye appeal (who wants to see something coming out of a tube?).

"well aged balsamic vinegar"??? only this and only few drops is around 500 baht.....because a 12 years old REAL italian balsamic vinegar is around 3.600 baht for 100 ml.

All that sort of thing is ridiculously expensive here. I get small bottles of very respectable 10 year old balsamic from Trader Joes in the States and a friend brings it over. It can't remember the price, but it doesn't break the bank and stands up well to vinegars costing three times as much (in the States). For utility type stuff, I just use a cheap balsamic, but when I want that special taste and it only takes a teaspoon or two, I break out the Trader Joe's. I put a dash in my homemade bleu cheese dressing as well, and it is delicious.

Do you want to know how to make one?

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/caesar_salad/

smile.png

Thanks-already know how to make at home.

Looking to eat at a restaurant.

By the way, the recipe is perfect except it should also have worcestershire sauce added in as well and then it would be perfect!

Well, yes, but there are other flaws with this recipe. The eggs should be yolks only! Also, add about a teaspoon of a good dijon mustard and about the same amount of a high quality well aged balsamic vinegar. I would also double the anchovies to four filets. And if you are doing this from scratch, tableside, using filets instead of paste has greater eye appeal (who wants to see something coming out of a tube?).

You are absolutely right.

How could I forget these important ingredients.

See, it's been soooo long since I had one :)

Thanks for the post

All that sort of thing is ridiculously expensive here. I get small bottles of very respectable 10 year old balsamic from Trader Joes in the States and a friend brings it over. It can't remember the price, but it doesn't break the bank and stands up well to vinegars costing three times as much (in the States). For utility type stuff, I just use a cheap balsamic, but when I want that special taste and it only takes a teaspoon or two, I break out the Trader Joe's. I put a dash in my homemade bleu cheese dressing as well, and it is delicious.
I am sorry but you really don't know what you are writing about. The REAL and not copy or fake balsamic vinegar is expensive because needs 12-15-25 years and more to be properly done. Not expensive mind fake.

May be you can learn something reading this....

http://www.balsamicotradizionale.it/consorzio.asp

I suggest you don't write about things you don't know......

this is from "Consorzio Aceto Balsamico" as you can see, in Italy, the price for 100 ml balsamic 25 years old is 120 euro (over 5.000 baht in Itally) or around 3.000 baht for 12 years old....still in Italy and before shipping and duty. Be sure that your Trader Joe's is fake!

post-51499-0-19517000-1390028111_thumb.j

post-51499-0-42769100-1390028124_thumb.j

Edited by greenwater

I am sorry but you really don't know what you are writing about. The REAL and not copy or fake balsamic vinegar is expensive because needs 12-15-25 years and more to be properly done. Not expensive mind fake.

May be you can learn something reading this....

http://www.balsamicotradizionale.it/consorzio.asp

I suggest you don't write about things you don't know......

this is from "Consorzio Aceto Balsamico" as you can see, in Italy, the price for 100 ml balsamic 25 years old is 120 euro (over 5.000 baht in Itally) or around 3.000 baht for 12 years old....still in Italy and before shipping and duty. Be sure that your Trader Joe's is fake!

I suggest, you realize we’re in Thailand

• Like 1

An inflammatory post has been removed, plus the replies.

I remind members of these forum rules ...

1) To respect fellow members.

3) Not to post in a manner that is vulgar, obscene or profane.

4) Not to flame fellow members.Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.