Oust me by voting, Yingluck urges opponents

webfact

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Democracy is not only about numbers - it is ALSO about the LAW - that is what makes Thaksin unacceptable - otherwise its 2 wolves and a sheep arguing about what to eat for dinner!!

de·moc·ra·cy
diˈmäkrəsē/
noun
  1. 1.
    a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

Dictionaries are good. You should learn how to use them.

So is Politics for Simplistic Idiots. Did you write it?

Not very good at debating are you ?

Shes right do it in the ballot box or shut up. The dems decided in their wisdom not to take part, they are fools they will not change a thing if they get in by derailing the process only delay the problem for a few more years.

Let the process take its course PT will implode at some point through their own incompetency and greed, let it happen ... this desperation to fix something fast that will take decades will only lead to more of the same in the near future.

They won by buying votes on a massive scale. Why do you guys keep forgetting that.

Robin Hood bought votes by taking from the rich to give to the poor.

What's wrong with that. The tax money has to go somewhere, doesn't it. Free medical care is something you oppose?

Vote buying. Everyone does it. You know you want to too.

Sure Robin Hood took from the rich and gave it to the poor whereas Robbing Thaksin took and still is taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

"I’m here because my duty as caretaker prime minister until new government is elected. Cannot say I just step down. Using vote in election is the best way."

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections.

If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.

The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country" by JFK

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

do you remember all the good things she said when coming to power, like,,,to be PM for all Thais, she wants to reconcile and reforme, the advertisement for her said that she has management experience and can manage the governement...nothing became true...whenever there was a difficult session in the parliament her ministers sent her away...and she was jetsetting with very important people telling them lies nobody could understand,,,,,and so on

hope the Thai poeple realise how incompetent she is and really vote her away...and i think it was a big mistake of the opposition to boycott the election instead of attacking with facts and figures and clear statements...and especially giving the voters an alternative which they actally do not have

Yingluck is clearly hanging on for the lives of her extended family as they risk being exiled along with her criminally corrupt brother on a raft of extremely similar charges.

All thus talk of olive branches may well turn to willow unless she can fly a broomstick

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

easy for he to say when they are running un-opposed ... she knows they will in in a land slide

Too bad they will not be able to do anything without a quorum

Really too bad not one Shinawatra gives hoot about Thailand.

All about greed graft and corruption -....... how much can I steal from the people I claim to love?

Yingluck is clearly hanging on for the lives of her extended family as they risk being exiled along with her criminally corrupt brother on a raft of extremely similar charges. All thus talk of olive branches may well turn to willow unless she can fly a broomstick Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you ever have anything constructive to add to topics other than childish rants ? whistling.gif

Don't be a lying idiot. How is the Feb 2 election going to solve the political conflict? So what if you win it? People will still hate you and your brother. The only way to solve this conflict is for your government to distance itself from your idiot brother and actually try to govern this country without any interference from him. You may not be able to govern wisely because most of you are idiots but at very least, try not to come up with hare brained schemes like the rice pledging or tablets for children! bah.gif

Can you tell me just what YL can do that is within the law??? she can not step down as care taker PM as that would be abandoning her post which is illegal.

she has now submitted to caretaker PM which required by law, she has offered new elections required by law, so the people can vote who they want to run government, she has continuously called for dialogue with other parties, and they say NO MY OR NOTHING I WANT POWER...

Protectionist schemes ie (subsidizing rice) are not a new thing for governments around the world, so wake up!!!

If Mark and Suthep had a moral bone in their collective bodies then they would very publicly denounce the Dr's peach that was so disgusting in it's content that would be considered an attack on every Thai woman and every woman around the world, can you imagine that if his speech was shown to the outside world that any tourists woman or man would still want to come too Thailand and spend their money, ???

You don't like her then vote her out, wait can you vote? If the opposition is so strong then why not vote and get your way??? EZ most of the people support PTP

That's democracy,,, get over it.w00t.gif

• Like 1

You are ousting yourself Yingluck ... seems to me you have been fast tracked for a 5 year political ban

Your lack of leadership skills and inability to answer a simple question and your continued endorsement of the rice scam will be your own undoing ... hope Thaksin has a spare room in Dubai for you

"I’m here because my duty as caretaker prime minister until new government is elected. Cannot say I just step down. Using vote in election is the best way."

What part of this is so difficult to you yellow supporters? Instead of some weird "reforms", led by a totally crooked politician and postponing of elections.

If the yellows had a believable and fair program for the rural Thais, they are not stupid, and would vote for the yellows but they do not. Instead the only solution for them is voting for the reds whose leaders are about as corrupted as the yellow ones. At least they do SOMETHING for them, instead of total disregard inside Bangkok bubble by the yellow leaders.

The arrogant yellows have nothing but contempt to offer. For them, the rural Thais are subhumans, not really worth of anything.

Let the other party build a ring around Bangkok and let them control incoming traffic and block all food, see how long the superior city will survive !!

That may be democracy but democracy is not about ignoring opinion of minorities. I highly doubt that she has been listning to the minority opinion. This is the reason for ongoing conflict and people have not confidence on her correcting her attitude.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Don't be a lying idiot. How is the Feb 2 election going to solve the political conflict? So what if you win it? People will still hate you and your brother. The only way to solve this conflict is for your government to distance itself from your idiot brother and actually try to govern this country without any interference from him. You may not be able to govern wisely because most of you are idiots but at very least, try not to come up with hare brained schemes like the rice pledging or tablets for children! bah.gif

Obviously, you are the idiot and have no understanding of Thai politics. Name me one, just one, Thai government that has not been corrupt since 1932.

All of these political parties, and demonstration leaders, act like special interest groups with little interest in the Thai people. As you might have noticed most of the members of parliament, the cabinet, the recent prime ministers, Suthep, Abhisit, Yingluck, Thaksin et al are Chinese (Sino-Thais) who are interested in power, prestige and money.

The Suthep group wants to deny Thais any influence in politics. It may have not been much but Thaksin/Yingluck have done something for Thai people. This is a big difference, which is why the latter get the votes.

Suthep, representing the Bangkok Chinese, does not like the Thai people from the north and northeast because they will not vote the way he wants. Thus, he wants to establish an oligarchy in which Bangkok Chinese rule the country, and the rural Thais are shut out from politics.

It is far better to have democracy of the Shinawatra kind than have no democracy or an oligarchy ruling in its own interests.

Next time think before you post!

• Like 1

Obviously, you are the idiot and have no understanding of Thai politics. Name me one, just one, Thai government that has not been corrupt since 1932.

All of these political parties, and demonstration leaders, act like special interest groups with little interest in the Thai people. As you might have noticed most of the members of parliament, the cabinet, the recent prime ministers, Suthep, Abhisit, Yingluck, Thaksin et al are Chinese (Sino-Thais) who are interested in power, prestige and money.

The Suthep group wants to deny Thais any influence in politics. It may have not been much but Thaksin/Yingluck have done something for Thai people. This is a big difference, which is why the latter get the votes.

Suthep, representing the Bangkok Chinese, does not like the Thai people from the north and northeast because they will not vote the way he wants. Thus, he wants to establish an oligarchy in which Bangkok Chinese rule the country, and the rural Thais are shut out from politics.

It is far better to have democracy of the Shinawatra kind than have no democracy or an oligarchy ruling in its own interests.

Unfortunately I have to agree, it is better to have an incompetent and corrupt gov and democracy than the alternative being peddled

Unfortunately I have to agree, it is better to have an incompetent and corrupt gov and democracy than the alternative being peddled

Fail to see how an incompetent and corrupt government can ever be used in the light as democracy.

Fail to see how an incompetent and corrupt government can ever be used in the light as democracy.

Given we are in Thailand where corruption is endemic in all parties its currently impossible to have one that is not corrupt, incompetency however is not the monopoly of Thailand as far as governments go. Plenty of democratic countries have both incompetent and corrupt governments. They get rid of them at the polls and so should Thailand

• Like 1

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

Yes lets have another round of red shirt villages beating and bribing their people to vote red lets have a new deposit of money from Dubai to do it with - lets have her back in power to bring a new amnesty bill to bring back the criminal so he can be president!! - she must thisnk the people of Thailand are ALL stupid!! - We are NOT!!

If you believe that, you obviously have never visited any villages/towns in the North or North East. In the past, sure, the peoples votes were for sale - 500 baht was all they ever got out of the political process. Nowadays, they'll take the money if its offered, they are poor they have no choice, but is won't affect the way they vote.They have been politicised by the 'man form Dubai'. They now vote out of conviction. I know because I have relatives who live in these villages. They are decent people, who have never had a jot out of the political process. Now they are stakeholders and YOU, along with the rest of the yellow thugs, are an arrogant little prick for saying otherwise.

• Like 2

Vote Yingluck out !!!

Reject the Thaksin influence !!!

Eliminate corruption forever !!!

Cancel the expensive high speed train !!!

Defeat PT !!!

Stop to help the northern rice farmers !!!

Yingluck, Thaksin, Somchai, Chalerm, ... Get out !!!

Bla bla bla bla bla...

Yingluck will be reelected easily anyway :)

Sent from my iPhone...

She is absolutely correct: If you want to bring down the Shins and the PT government, vote them out. All but 28 seats will be up for grabs on Feb 2nd. Get off the streets, give Bangkok residents their streets back and go back to democtratic campaigning.

Yes lets have another round of red shirt villages beating and bribing their people to vote red lets have a new deposit of money from Dubai to do it with - lets have her back in power to bring a new amnesty bill to bring back the criminal so he can be president!! - she must thisnk the people of Thailand are ALL stupid!! - We are NOT!!

If you believe that, you obviously have never visited any villages/towns in the North or North East. In the past, sure, the peoples votes were for sale - 500 baht was all they ever got out of the political process. Nowadays, they'll take the money if its offered, they are poor they have no choice, but is won't affect the way they vote.They have been politicised by the 'man form Dubai'. They now vote out of conviction. I know because I have relatives who live in these villages. They are decent people, who have never had a jot out of the political process. Now they are stakeholders and YOU, along with the rest of the yellow thugs, are an arrogant little prick for saying otherwise.

You don't even have to go to the North or North East. I live in Bangkok and people in my street were offered money by the DEMOCRATS to vote for them in the last election. Everyone, even the smaller parties, buy votes in Thailand.

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

What exactly are those reforms needed?

At a minimum, off the top of my head, there are a wide number of measures in which Thailand is failing, and the only way they will be addressed is with reform, whether before or after an election, first there must be agreement that, for instance, reform is needed on the following:

- freedom of the press and freedom to communicate ideas without political interference (impossible currently and really difficult since 2007)

- proper oversight of budget and spending - it is Thai people who pay the costs of the government budget, it is not politicians' money to spend as they wish without oversight as is being proposed and has occurred with multiple examples (flood management, rail system, rice scheme)

- separation and respect for separation of powers especially judiciary and legislative branches

- ability of candidates to canvas for support or present their ideas in a fair and neutral environment (impossible with red shirt villages for instance) during an election (note some candidates were not even able to register, and different parties were treated differently)

- severe and genuine punishment for lies and misrepresentation by parties or individuals with no exceptions

- severe punishment for vote buying or electoral fraud

- respect for the constitution - it is INSANITY to allow a convicted fugitive who refuses to return to Thailand to be allowed by the foreign minister to wander around the world freely while the government campaigns foreign governments for him to be able to do so, when the letter of the law states their job is return him to face justice. It is INSANITY to allow said individual to be allowed to effectively run the government - I don't care if you were elected, that's not a blank cheque to do what you want

- reduction in corruption with increase in oversight by the public and watch dogs

- increase in penalties for corruption and inciting unrest outside of what is allowed in the constitution, with genuine attempts to punish leaders who encourage others to break the law (this is one reason why the entire amnesty idea was frigging dumb from the beginning)

- a more evolved political system which reduces the power of the regional godfathers who control the rural vote for the most part (admittedly slowly decreasing) and are in turn controlled by the fugitive from Dubai on one side of the house, and by some very unsavoury individuals in the opposition on the other - this one is very tough but vital to handling some of the corruption related issues - some of the items above are required to ensure that the political system evolves

- a meritocracy in the civil service with major rewards to stamp out corruption and major punishments for condoning it - the fear of the fugitive in Dubai and his methods is why so many civil servants will not admit publically to the corruption they will privately tell some very shocking stories about that we all know (we can read Thaksin former ally turned enemy turned ally Sanoh for a typical example)

- a bigger picture issue: equality. It is indeed true that rich people are treated differently than poor in Thailand, especially people of influence. That the Deputy PM's son could get away with murder, or a rich kid can drive into a cop, or a bunch of rich politicians can defraud the country of billions...and yet a poor person can go to jail on trumped up charges. Or that certain rich people get the government to work for them to lie, create FTAs or policy to tilt the playing field in their favour - this is a longterm issue that can only be resolved with respect for the law starting from the top and working down - do we see politicians respecting the law? that's as funny as anything Steve Colbert can come out with.

Now one might say......none of the above matter. Some would say if I am PM, if I have a majority in parliament then I can do what I want, and if I want to in fact tilt the business environment, reward my supporters however undeserved, reduce media freedom and increased control, increase corruption that enriches me, interfere with every other branch of power, reduce any oversight, ignore the constitution, eliminate any vestige of meritocracy and only reward my allies.....I can BECAUSE I WON THE ELECTION outright. So people chose me to do what I said I would, and therefore the law doesn't apply.

Ok, let's push it further. We've seen laws made for personal profit by Thaksin, 'because he was elected he could do it'. We've seen both sides select and remove people for political, not country benefit. We've seen ongoing attempts especially by TRT/PPP/PT to remove oversight even when it was set out in the consitution. We see vast amounts of government budget used for pork, personal advertising, personal travel, popularist schemes that will make the country broke....justified "because I won the election".

We've gone through this exact scenario in 2005/6. It does not end well. For anyone.

The purpose of a functioning democracy is not a popularity contest where the majority elect their party to look after their interests (or to do whatever they want). Rather it is to select the best possible people, chosen by their peers, to look after EVERYONE'S interests including the minorities who cannot vote, or cannot secure election wins.

The answer is pretty simple. There must be genuine compromise on both sides. Both sides agree on reform, a neutral viewpoint is currently a successful next election is an impossibility, it is a pointless waste of our cash with an almost guaranteed null outcome. To say that it cannot be moved is simply not true, and for Yingluck to blindly keep repeating her right as she was elected with a majority is not a compromise.

We know PT are buying up smaller parties to make up the shortfall of voter losses they think they are going to see. This buying up of factions is something that overseas media simply do not understand, and their inability to understand it is why they do not see the issues facing Thailand are not quite the same as some other countries.

The protesters rejecting every offer, however opportunistic and insincere many have been, is also not a compromise.

The real compromise starts with genuine talks, similar to what we saw with the red shirts with the PM, except of course the red shirt leader who should be on trial for treason, was not in the room and was supposedly sending SMSs to cease talks since amnesty was not on the cards.

The problem must be resolved between the leaders to create a path that all agree on, then the election becomes less important, less of a hot potato. Both sides claim a commitment to reform. Maybe both sides are insincere. But let us all hear what those reforms should be, because the current scenario similar to 2006 is not going to end well for any of us.

Reform IMHO means there must be acceptance of consequences, with action comes consequence, and the start is chronological, each and every corruption/civil unrest case should be reviewed and completed even if the defendant refuses to attend. No amnesty, no people let off the hook, no <deleted> about 'I was elected so I don't have to participate' and certainly no more rubbish about personal wars against 1 family; let them have their day in court, we all know Yingluck has little to do with government policy anyhow, she should be considered merely a secretary, not a PM. After all, that is her work history with AIS/SC Asset anyhow.

Great wish list. Let's add world peace and a cure for cancer whilst we're at it, eh?

Edited by KarenBravo
  • Like 1

They won by buying votes on a massive scale. Why do you guys keep forgetting that.

Robin Hood bought votes by taking from the rich to give to the poor.

What's wrong with that. The tax money has to go somewhere, doesn't it. Free medical care is something you oppose?

Vote buying. Everyone does it. You know you want to too.

Sure Robin Hood took from the rich and gave it to the poor whereas Robbing Thaksin took and still is taking from the poor and giving it to the rich.

Giving free medical care to the poor is the opposite of what you said & very Robin Hood esque.

• Like 1

other unconstitutional ways could not fix up the problems.

You have to admit, she is somewhat of an expert when it comes to unconstitutional ways.

You have to explain this a little bit more. The constitution says just what the lady says. ??????

If PT win (which of course they will) then they should be the ones running the country, no question. The problem that's happened, the Government abused its position in a huge way. So reforms are needed before an election can come about again.

What exactly are those reforms needed? Compared to decades old nepotism under the yellow rule for the Bangkok elite, the reds have not abused their position anywhere near of their level! The same group of Bangkok elite families are still running the show more or less.

They only bitch about not being the top dog anymore and about the rural Thais having actually power to oppose them! It is so outrageous...!

Try listening less to your wife.

Wife? He`s only 14,his mum`s going to ground him if he doesn`t get his homework done soon.

Why will people vote for the person they hate?

What exactly are those reforms needed?

At a minimum, off the top of my head, there are a wide number of measures in which Thailand is failing, and the only way they will be addressed is with reform, whether before or after an election, first there must be agreement that, for instance, reform is needed on the following:

Great wish list. Let's add world peace and a cure for cancer whilst we're at it, eh?

hey, he asked for reforms needed, I gave him a 5 minute list.

planning and doing positive things for a country often are a lot harder than just skimming 60% of the government budget and hoping no one will notice. but doesn't mean it isn't worthwhile.

And when the shins lose the red shirts will occupy the bangkok streets . Only way to get rid of them is to ban the whole family for life or get them out of the country.

You are absolutely correct the only chance this country has of a good government and it is a small chance is if she would slam the door on her brothers face along with all of his adherents.

I say a small chance with her as the leader because she has not shown the ability to lead. It has all been dependent on her brothers money and friends.

"She told representatives of 15 foreign media on the on-going situation that if the country could pass through the February 2 election, the political conflict would be over."

That is what I mean when I say she hasn't got the ability to lead. As it sits now there is no way the election can settle anything. There will not be enough seats filled to meet the minimum requirement for a quorum and she knows it. She also knows that the way it is sitting now there is no way to get enough candidates to bring it up to the required 475 seats needed. There is no way to regiester for an election now the door is shut, closed, stuck, barred and inoperable.

Edited by northernjohn

Yingluck is clearly hanging on for the lives of her extended family as they risk being exiled along with her criminally corrupt brother on a raft of extremely similar charges. All thus talk of olive branches may well turn to willow unless she can fly a broomstick Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Do you ever have anything constructive to add to topics other than childish rants ? whistling.gif

In what way was that a rant?

Is this one too?

Or is a rant a posting that you disagree with?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app