Protest guard shot at Lad Phrao protest site

Lite Beer

This is not to comment about the speculations as to which side the gunman represented, but to express my disbelieve to the insensibility of this government.

Adhisit...bad or good.....for some of you, visited, in hospital, the victims of these cowardly attacks and expressed his concern and regret.

Yingluck or anybody from her puppet government have never been near them.

Why? They are also Thais.....doesn't matter which political side they represent.

What YL go near a hospital with all those nasty germs and poor people - no way - no mileage - no photo ops with ugly dirty people - sh1t, they're only good as cannon fodder or voting for PTP when they have a few baht slung at them.

Come on now be fair to the poor girl, you don't really expect her to get off her sweet little a_rse and visit a hospital, do you?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not to comment about the speculations as to which side the gunman represented, but to express my disbelieve to the insensibility of this government.

Adhisit...bad or good.....for some of you, visited, in hospital, the victims of these cowardly attacks and expressed his concern and regret.

Why? They are also Thais.....doesn't matter which political side they represent.

What YL go near a hospital with all those nasty germs and poor people - no way - no mileage - no photo ops with ugly dirty people - sh1t, they're only good as cannon fodder or voting for PTP when they have a few baht slung at them.

Come on now be fair to the poor girl, you don't really expect her to get off her sweet little a_rse and visit a hospital, do you?

Not unless there's a Gucci shop in there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Here we go again, hasn't Suthep had enough of murdering his own people for some cheap publicity?

No evidence for that. Assumption based on nothing but your desire for it to be true. You're every bit as impartial as the kneejerk above, aren't you?

I make no claim to be impartial, but my post was not a kneejerk, TYVM. Anybody who publicly expresses a contrary view to a Thaksin policy or cause is likely to be subject to intimidation, harassment, beatings, escalating to being shot, grenaded or fire-bombed. This is not something new, it is a recurring series of events over nearly 10 years and includes attacks on protesters, security forces, judges, rubber farmers, et al. Any single case may be a mystery, as amazingly in many cases the perpetrators are never uncovered, but serial attacks like this are easily attributed by asking the basic investigative question WHO GAINS? I'm NOT suggesting that Thaksin organises each and every attack personally, but he certainly provides funding, encouragement and liberal reward for others to act in his benefit, B7.5 million payouts (tax money) and MP positions are only the most obvious. Ask yourself, why is Arisman's wife a PTP party list MP?

The suggestion that hundreds of people across Thailand are prepared to stage sometimes lethal attacks against themselves and other supporters to gain public sympathy is nothing but ludicrous. Would you firebomb or grenade attack your family home, with them present or not, for a bit of PR?

Why? Because this is a war, an open enemy trying to topple a legally elected government through the use of intimidation and blackmail. In war one does not visit one's enemy as it suggests that you are weak, and trying to open negotiations with a mob also suggests weakness, also visiting your opponents injured suggests guilt.

Thais are not all the same at all, Thais north do not like Thais south for instance, different culture, food and customs etc.

Here we go again, hasn't Suthep had enough of murdering his own people for some cheap publicity?

Dumb quote of the day award to you.

Is it really so dumb? read this

Why does Suthep insist on his own armed guards? Oh, he doesn't trust the police but demands they investigation such attacks. He really sets up these kinds of violent confrontations. If it the police who were on the street to assure the public's safety, I doubt this attack would have happened.

Why does Suthep insist on his own armed guards? Oh, he doesn't trust the police but demands they investigation such attacks. He really sets up these kinds of violent confrontations. If it the police who were on the street to assure the public's safety, I doubt this attack would have happened.

Is there any suggestion that the person shot, the subject of this thread, was armed?

Not unless there's a Gucci shop in there

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Doubt that one Gucci shop could tempt YL to venture there.

Thaksin's little helpers hard at work, again.

Hold your guns. The latest update from the guy killed the other day, is that they are looking for a Democrat MP aide. Yellow on Yellow, apparently.
And how do you arrive at that conclusion Skippy?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I read the news? I have already given the source. Take reading lessons, buddy.

Why? Because this is a war, an open enemy trying to topple a legally elected government through the use of intimidation and blackmail. In war one does not visit one's enemy as it suggests that you are weak, and trying to open negotiations with a mob also suggests weakness, also visiting your opponents injured suggests guilt.

Thais are not all the same at all, Thais north do not like Thais south for instance, different culture, food and customs etc.

'legally?" how pathetic!

This peaceful protest has now become the target of vicious and unrelenting attacks, under the tacit protection of an administration that has a very tolerant attitude towards vigilantism, and will do all it can to frame the narrative away from them. As Yingluck continues to give facebook postings of an election that will bind the people together, as the police continue their exhaustive campaign of convincing us that the world is indeed flat, and as the NACC investigates sea upon sea of corruption, we see yet another story. The administration - with the full weight of power at their disposal - buttressed with the support of roaming vigilante groups and mini-armies willing to take matters into their own hands - are pitted against the Thai people - armed with whistles and a belief that this most dark period of Thai history will end - will yield to one where corruption in the police, where corruption in the administration will no longer be tolerated. Where they can dream of a just and peaceful society. Where all voices can be heard and expressed, without fear.

Are all you post crafted in a PR department?

Could be.

Sounds uncommonly similar to the "Thagsin" video narration.

Thailand Protest 2013 - Explained

--------------- Excellent

This peaceful protest has now become the target of vicious and unrelenting attacks, under the tacit protection of an administration that has a very tolerant attitude towards vigilantism, and will do all it can to frame the narrative away from them. As Yingluck continues to give facebook postings of an election that will bind the people together, as the police continue their exhaustive campaign of convincing us that the world is indeed flat, and as the NACC investigates sea upon sea of corruption, we see yet another story. The administration - with the full weight of power at their disposal - buttressed with the support of roaming vigilante groups and mini-armies willing to take matters into their own hands - are pitted against the Thai people - armed with whistles and a belief that this most dark period of Thai history will end - will yield to one where corruption in the police, where corruption in the administration will no longer be tolerated. Where they can dream of a just and peaceful society. Where all voices can be heard and expressed, without fear.

Are all you post crafted in a PR department?

Could be.

Sounds uncommonly similar to the "Thagsin" video narration.

Weird the same weird video is above

This post is a perfect example of what you get when you combine ignorance, stupidity and an agenda to vilify someone.

Hope the guard makes a quick recovery and the coward who did this gets his just deserts.

The problem is that we do NOT know who shot him. Consider:

Violence would be counterproductive for the government. Any violent attacks upon Suthep's protesters will garner sympathy for them, draw more supporters and make a coup (military or judicial) more and more likely before Feb 2nd.

The above gives Suthep's group the motive for arranging attacks on his own people.

What makes the above unlikely also is that Suthep does not want a military coup either - though a judicial one would seemingly suit his purposes.

Given the above, it is much more likely that these attacks are carried out by a) renegade red shirts/PTP supporters B) disgruntled members of the general populous who have lost income through the protests c) people trying to settle personal scores, knowing that it will be perceived as a political act & therefore cover their tracks.

Any of the above options a) - c) seems more feasible than the former.

They could just be "student gangs," polar opposites to the "network of students."

Not necessarily under anyone's control.

There's a lot of hatred out there on both sides and a lot of hotheads among the youth.

• Like 1

This post is a perfect example of what you get when you combine ignorance, stupidity and an agenda to vilify someone.

Hope the guard makes a quick recovery and the coward who did this gets his just deserts.

Violence would be counterproductive for the government. Any violent attacks upon Suthep's protesters will garner sympathy for them, draw more supporters and make a coup (military or judicial) more and more likely before Feb 2nd.

The above gives Suthep's group the motive for arranging attacks on his own people.

What makes the above unlikely also is that Suthep does not want a military coup either - though a judicial one would seemingly suit his purposes.

Given the above, it is much more likely that these attacks are carried out by a) renegade red shirts/PTP supporters B) disgruntled members of the general populous who have lost income through the protests c) people trying to settle personal scores, knowing that it will be perceived as a political act & therefore cover their tracks.

They could just be "student gangs," polar opposites to the "network of students."

Not necessarily under anyone's control.

There's a lot of hatred out there on both sides and a lot of hotheads among the youth.

Hence, the bottom line is that it is not known who is behind these attacks, other than the weapons have the same signature.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

After wadding through today's threads and pages of absolute stupid dribble, especially the Suthep attacking his own idiotic posts, one person is found to have the ability to apply logical thought. Well done to you.

'legally?" how pathetic!

Of course it was legally elected but obviously you are pathetically to stupid to know.

Here we go again, red addled idiots coming out to accuse Suteb of killing his own supporters. Utter bollockss ! Guess you haven't had enough of spreading complete lies you have no shred of proof to substantiate....I guess the reds who died in 2010 were all killed by their own side too huh ? All to try and get some cheap publicity....

• Like 2

You want Yingluck to visit the injured protester and offer herself to be held in custody by PDRC ?

'legally?" how pathetic!
Of course it was legally elected but obviously you are pathetically to stupid to know.
if your definition of legally = the present government then you are the numbskull and obvious retard! Edited by shiok

i was under the impression that land corruption was one of these open season things any one connected - business or family wise to indulge in --hell if you dont have your finger in the pie well your missing out on something - during the previous -- pro-anti protests the trend was to occupy places that would disrupt the most like the airports around the country - phuket , bkk, cmx, take your pick, and just about anywhere you like. what pissed me off most of all last time was that each time i decided to go out some prick in a yellow shirt decided to lob an odd grenade around the place forcing me to restrict my shopping to the local 7/11 - made it to food land one time thank god.. if one is to look at the happy, retarded faces you see amongst the protesters there are not too many bank managers leading them - they all look like rice or khwai farmers, ya we do need them and that is where they should be back on the plot of land taking care of the herd, not bring the herd mentality here to Bkk - i hope the guard fully recovers, sounds like a small cal weapon - like a home made .22 or a pen gun,, ok i hope one and all have a great day - and that the police have a chance to stick the cuffs on this raving and ranting idiot with the huge mouth but nothing new comes out of it just venom and crap = remember how thais do love their soapies - when they are on not too many protesters out and about so why not run 24 hour non stop episodes, that should control them for a while.. but who really does give a stuff ?? 555 i dont

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

The quicker they finish this, the better for most people. wai2.gif

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

They are finished, they dont have enough to blockade a gas station during the week let alone the ports and airport.

Prediction, by the end of next week they will be down to a couple of locations only, and if we are lucky tomorrow Suthep will pop back home and give his son some moral support when hes in court for his little bit of land corruption by following in daddys footsteps.

i was under the impression that land corruption was one of these open season things any one connected - business or family wise to indulge in --hell if you dont have your finger in the pie well your missing out on something - during the previous -- pro-anti protests the trend was to occupy places that would disrupt the most like the airports around the country - phuket , bkk, cmx, take your pick, and just about anywhere you like. what pissed me off most of all last time was that each time i decided to go out some prick in a yellow shirt decided to lob an odd grenade around the place forcing me to restrict my shopping to the local 7/11 - made it to food land one time thank god.. if one is to look at the happy, retarded faces you see amongst the protesters there are not too many bank managers leading them - they all look like rice or khwai farmers, ya we do need them and that is where they should be back on the plot of land taking care of the herd, not bring the herd mentality here to Bkk - i hope the guard fully recovers, sounds like a small cal weapon - like a home made .22 or a pen gun,, ok i hope one and all have a great day - and that the police have a chance to stick the cuffs on this raving and ranting idiot with the huge mouth but nothing new comes out of it just venom and crap = remember how thais do love their soapies - when they are on not too many protesters out and about so why not run 24 hour non stop episodes, that should control them for a while.. but who really does give a stuff ?? 555 i dont

I assume you mean "red shirt decided to lob a grenade".

Besides that, maybe you should look behind the keyboard for "this raving and ranting idiot with a huge mouth".

We wish him a speedy recovery. When will they start catching these cowardly attackers?

If I was Khun Suthep, I would send half my people to take over the airport and the other half, to shut the shipping ports. Enough is enough. They keep getting picked of one, or a few at a time, just like last time, just before they went to the airport.

As far as I am concerned, the gloves are off. You can't fight violent thugs, with peaceful demonstrations, unless you take over some key positions, like the airport, shipping ports, etc.

The quicker they finish this, the better for most people. wai2.gif

Then again, I don't know the overall plan. Maybe they just want to keep things going, until the courts do their thing and convict most Phuea Thai members.

They are finished, they dont have enough to blockade a gas station during the week let alone the ports and airport.

Prediction, by the end of next week they will be down to a couple of locations only, and if we are lucky tomorrow Suthep will pop back home and give his son some moral support when hes in court for his little bit of land corruption by following in daddys footsteps.

Ah, the venom from the Australian!

It's confusing, many pro government posters describe the protestors as the elite ( in their dying gasps at maintaining control of Thailand) but to Mike from down under they are condecendingly described as kwai farmers.

Mike, you may not like Kamnan Suthep, and I admit he's does sometimes go over the top, but the fact is he singlehandedly has brought reform to the top of the agenda in Thai politics.

And for that alone Thailand will always be grateful.

• Like 1