Visa run advise required

Hi All,

Sorry if this post has already been covered,

I am here on a standard 30 day tourist visa in Bangkok, I hold a UK passport.

I want to do a visa run to extend my visa by another 30 days, bit confused on the whole visa run, some say I cannot go by bus and get a 30 days only 7 but other sites say I can,

I am wondering if anyone knows the easiest way to do this from Bangkok by land?

Cheers

my mate tells me I can only get a 15 days if I go by land and he says to go by air to Kuala Lumpur for 30 days?

Since the first of November 2013 because you are from the UK you and others from the G7 countries get a 30 day entry at a border crossing instead of 15 days that others get.

See this topic: Good news for holders of UK, USA, Japan, Germany, France, Canada and Italy

ah brilliant, would you advise using a company? or can I just make my own way on a regular bus?

thnx

Hi

For your first time, I`d suggest using a visa run company, a decent one will take care of paperwork etc and make it hassle free.

Choice yours of course.

I`ve only done visa runs from Pattaya so can`t help you with Bangkok specific recommendations.

Yes, as said as a UK passport holder you will get another 30 days visa exempt entry for Thailand.

Another easy option fly DM to Mae Sot, try for a day with Promotion Fare = 833 baht each way amd takes 1 hour flight time each way... 50 baht each way by Tuk Tuk to Bridge, get stamped out of Thailand, walk accross get stamped in and out [500 baht fee or $10 and just a small stamp only 1x in + 1x out] walk back get your 30 days at Thai Border and back to airport..........

Sure beats sitting in a Mini Bus for hours and a full page Cambodia Visa + the 4 stamps in and out on another page...... New UK Passports are not cheap.

Thanks ignis, what airline are you getting that price? sounds like a good option, cheers

Opps sorry Nok Air

Not sure then you need to go, I always booked about 70 - 80 days in advance........ normal fare is just under 1,300 baht each way.

A new option is to go to Burma Ban Phu Nam Ron. I went there today and got 30 days.

It's a lot nearer to Bangkok than Cambodia and you can get to see Kanchanaburi if you want as well (Bridge over river Kwai), Erawan falls, etc.

• 4 months later...