Political storm to come: Thailand

webfact

Still there is the chance of unifying the country. When the ptp loses it's voters due to the failed rice scheme there is room for another party to move in.

Whatever party that will be, it's leadership will have to treat all Thais equally and take them seriously. And not fall back into old elitarian behaviour as the people have experienced so often before.

Effectively fighting corruption will be the prime task for that new government.

Gee are people so naive to think that what you have posted will eventuate. I'm not going to hold my breath, unless you want me to. But that would be not Democratic!

Sent from my i-mobile i-STYLE 8.2 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

While the article alluded to a failure of governance, it did not consider the one problem that afflicts the entire country and society - and that is a failure of leadership overall. At every level, be it civil society, the bureaucracy, provincial and tambon administration, security agencies, even sporting groups - where are there any real leaders, those staunch, stoic, principled, decent folk who stand up for what is correct and proper, who lead by example? Thai society is divided, as the article correctly states, but it is not just social divisions as it claims, and as many people claim. It is a failure to produce good, decent men and women, people of honour and integrity and fortitude, to lead society. The failure of leadership.

Very true but the leaders Thailand needs so badly have to rise up out of the quagmire of corruption and poor education - perhaps too much to expect, unfortunately.

Indeed. There are such people, of course - Sulak Srivalak comes to mind. Prateep Ungsongtham. Supachai Panitchpakdi. Just not enough of them.

Another issue is that the Democrats are such a broken, dirtied party.

Its thing to hate thaksin, but to have to get into bed with the democrats is a horrible idea. The country desperately needs a clean, new, 3rd party.

this is the thing that power brokers or governments just dont get, you keep pissing off the majority and they going to come back and bite you, you dont have to be einstein to work that out

The problem here is the government ignores the legitimate concerns of substantial minorities.

Once it has been democratically elected, a Government should govern for all the people.