NEED BLOOD Anegative or 0 negative

verdina

I strongly encourage particularly anyone in Thailand with 0-neg to donate blood as often as possible.

Only 0.3% (yes, less than one percent) of the indigenous population has 0-neg so realistically the only way to ensure there is enough 0-neg blood in Thailand is by foreigners donating it. Add to that the many rules limiting who can give blood and when, and you will understand that if you're 0-neg you really should donate blood as often as possible -- you may be the next to need it yourself!

Please pm me more details and we can send out a newsletter.

Donations are only possible at the Red Cross and selected government hospitals.

As you can donate specifically for a person please give me the name and contact details and we will relay those back to you.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In case of doubt, donate! Your blood will be needed by someone somewhere. It could actually be you.

After a good friend of mine almost died because of a lack of blood refills I became aware of the significance of this subject.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Phil,

They are happy to take your blood donation at Banglamung Hospital(1st floor above General admission's).

Iam Oneg and donate whenever Iam back in country. I know the Thai staff are always very appreciative of not

just the Oneg's but all farangs that help out.

AFAIK, the only institution that distribute blood between hospitals are the Thai Red Cross. I think blood donated at Banglamung hospital will only be used in Banglamung hospital. That's of course good for Banglamung hospital and any patient there needing it, but won't help patients in other hospitals. That's how I understand it anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Its absolutely crazy that nobody accepts donations in Pattaya!! Of all the places in Thailand that is likely to contain people of rare blood types then Pattaya is going to be up in the top 3!

I can give blood in Korat in the mall.. but I can't give blood in Pattaya.. absolutely crazy!