Thai govt told to restrain red shirts instead of invoking emergency decree

webfact

Government told to restrain red shirts instead of invoking emergency decree

BeZZ7n8CEAAV0MG-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A protest leader has suggested the government to try to restrain hard-core red-shirt followers instead of pondering the invocation of Emergency Decree to deal with escalating violence in Bangkok.

Mr Issara Somchai, a core member of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee in charge of the protest at Lat Phrao intersection, said Monday night that anti-government protesters had never resorted to the use of violent means throughout their protests since November.

There is no need for state of emergency to be declared in the capital, he said, adding that he suspected the government has wanted to use the Emergency Decree as a tool to deal with the protesters.

Instead, he suggested that the government to restrain the red-shirt followers.

He explained that PDRC did not coordinate with the police in peace-keeping efforts because it did not trust the police. Protest guards, he said, are capable of maintaining security for the protesters although they are short of bullet-proof vests.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/government-told-restrain-red-shirts-instead-invoking-emergency-decree/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-01-21

• Like 2

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So the Government should let protesters terrorising the capital and keep away anyone who is against Suthep's terrorist's ????

Look's like the first step to dictatorship as they want the right to protest only for them .

And @ poisonus, you really think Suthep is in defense mode ?? So you also think violence is only violence when fighting, bombing etc... is involved, NO, I don't think so, this protesters are very violent to the country, to economy and democracy, but followers of a terrorist, they are in a sleep mode, but more and more are waking up now, lets hope all will.......

• Like 1

I think most people will have been amazed just how restrained the "reds" have been considering how much the PDRC have attempted provocation and failed miserably.

Heaven forbid!! Maybe the "reds" are the smart ones??w00t.gif

LOL, I guess the taxi driver that was nearly beaten to death or the police that where assulted, or the multaff coctails that where thrown etc. etc. etc. where all non violent.

Yes, that's exactly what they want us to believe, but the violence is this day's only coming from yellow sided....

• Like 1

Neither would allowing Suthep and the army to resume their unrestrained corruption solve any problems.

Creating a fascist council introduces a multiplicity of radically new problems.

Yes. Agree with both of you.

I think Yingluck should step down, but that doesn't mean I think that Suthep's "Peoples Council" is the best solution.

If YL deserves to be re-elected she will be which I'm confident will happen.

Given you and I reject Suthep's fascist council proposal and I'm on my way out to lunch I'll hoist one to you. Cheers. wink.png

• Like 2

I dont disagree with this and think elections should be delayed but only if the Un-Democratic Patry agree they will stand - then there could be a reform agenda with everyone knowing elections are on such-and-such a date

caretaker government continue until then

If Yingluck continues to be care-taker PM and number one on PTP's party list, delayed elections will make no difference.

• Like 2

Another solution is to get the yellow thugs off the streets and let normal people get on with their lives!!

Another meaningless march or yet another D-day don't solve any problems!!

Letting the government continue with their unrestrained corruption doesn't solve any problems either.

Please provide reference material that documents corruption in Thailand did not exist prior to Thaskin S. election in 2001, and that Thailand had been free of Corruption prior to 2001! You can not, as corruption has been around in Thailand for a long time, Suthep has been a continuous member of the House for 34 years during a time of much corruption that happened in Thailand ,yet in those 34 years he never brought up the issue of corruption, Why is it so important now?

The violence, whose cause will gain for the violence, and whose cause will not?

Suthep side feels that violence will force the Army to stage a coup, that is the only way He can create a "power vacuum" that he can exploit to take over the government.

The Red Shirt favor an election, violence would not aid their cause of holding an election on 2-2-2014. they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by fomenting violence (9-10 days) prior to the national election.

We have not heard the explanation of Sayan Saenoun, (Driver for Kowat Tharawa, MP for the Democrats) why they acted so strangely after the explosion, why they returned to pick evidence of the explosive device and why they ran from the scene (as shown on the release video of the Explosion)

Also the video taken of the person throwing the hand grenade, was described, as well trained., with knowledge of what he was doing and said to be "a navy seal Officer". Don't sound like a rice farmer to me!

Cheers

• Like 1

Another solution is to get the yellow thugs off the streets and let normal people get on with their lives!!

Letting the government continue with their unrestrained corruption doesn't solve any problems either.

There is nothing meaningless about this. Protesters stopped the Amnesty Bill, drew attention to the Rice scandal and the borrowing bill, for infrastructure, that would have bankrupted Thailand. They also exposed a lot of corruption in Government.

As far as success goes, things are still escalating in a peaceful way...Rice Farmers are joining the protests, BAAC Bank, Union workers, are showing their opposition to the bank President and their board, people everywhere are withdrawing their money, from the banks, who might lend the Government more money, for the rice scandal, Government offices are being shut down. This is only the beginning.

The Protesters needed time, get their message out, about Government Corruption and wrong doings. Now, the tide is starting to change and more and more people are agreeing with the protesters.

The Courts are getting some time to deal with the legal issues, against the Government, before the Government could change the Charter and some of the laws, they didn't like. It's all coming together.

I'm sure, we are going to see some much bigger lies and more setups, from a desperate Government, in the near future. wai2.gif

This has been a special report from La-La Land.

w00t.gif

Yep..... One side is in defense mode and the other is in attack mode.

Which one will be hammered by an emergency decree?

Place your bets.

"anti-government protesters had never resorted to the use of violent means throughout their protests since November."

"Yep..... One side is in defense mode and the other is in attack mode."

So who is being "non violent" and in "defense mode" here then? It sure as $#@& isn't sutheps sheeple.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=617869804939544

Please provide reference material that documents corruption in Thailand did not exist prior to Thaskin S. election in 2001, and that Thailand had been free of Corruption prior to 2001! You can not, as corruption has been around in Thailand for a long time, Suthep has been a continuous member of the House for 34 years during a time of much corruption that happened in Thailand ,yet in those 34 years he never brought up the issue of corruption, Why is it so important now?

The violence, whose cause will gain for the violence, and whose cause will not?

Suthep side feels that violence will force the Army to stage a coup, that is the only way He can create a "power vacuum" that he can exploit to take over the government.

The Red Shirt favor an election, violence would not aid their cause of holding an election on 2-2-2014. they have nothing to gain and a lot to lose by fomenting violence (9-10 days) prior to the national election.

We have not heard the explanation of Sayan Saenoun, (Driver for Kowat Tharawa, MP for the Democrats) why they acted so strangely after the explosion, why they returned to pick evidence of the explosive device and why they ran from the scene (as shown on the release video of the Explosion)

Also the video taken of the person throwing the hand grenade, was described, as well trained., with knowledge of what he was doing and said to be "a navy seal Officer". Don't sound like a rice farmer to me!

Cheers

When did I say that corruption didn't exist before 2001?

Violence may not favour an election, which makes it quite easy for a few renegade red shirts to run around throwing grenades, and then for them to say "Why would we do it"?

Are you still spreading the "navy seal officer" BS, even after the police have said it wasn't??

• Like 2

The redshift have been exercising restraint, patience, tolerance and understanding but their gestures are putting them into receiving end all the time. This does not mean they are the perpetrators of recent violence. The protests are of violence nature though they do not appear on the surface. Furthermore they are enough evidence to prove that they are violence, eg threatening office workers to stop work to join their protests. Parading official round the town for disobeying their illegal orders. Covering CCTV etc.

Not trusting police is their excuse and obstructed the maintaining of law and order and endangered the s!afety of the public and the misled and intimidated protesters. Obstructing police duties in investigation.

Send from my Mobile

• Like 1

Yep..... One side is in defense mode and the other is in attack mode.

Which one will be hammered by an emergency decree?

Place your bets.

Ya, they defense by blacking out CCTVs, and obstructing and sabotaging police investigation, intimidating government official/workers and public to stop works to join protests.

Send from my Mobile

Edited by icommunity
  • Like 1