Where to go during burning season?

kanela

Try the Philippines. You'll escape the pollution and appreciate Thailand more than you thought possible on your return. That is if Thailand isn't at war with itself when you return.

I would add Vietnam also...people are very friendly...not expensive...go up to Nha Trang...arguably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...the girls are beautiful and approachable...

Are you really that unimaginative? The rest of Thailand and the world are outside of northern-Thailand burning area and you can choose for yourself where you want to go.

Why do some people always think the right thing to do is get on these forums and insult people?! I realize what you are saying is the case as I am not inept! I was looking for constructive input on a country I have not yet had the pleasure of visiting! Consequently if you don't want to give advice I guess you shouldn't waste your time or mine by responding!

Trouble is then you won't appreciate Thailand so much on return! I was in Nha Trang in 1992 and the beach had about 10 people on it, including me. I guess it has changed a bit since then. 'Had a girl tagging along and she had some weed. She wrapped it in a low denomination bank note and then lit it from a street vendor. 'Always has been a nice memory.

Try the Philippines. You'll escape the pollution and appreciate Thailand more than you thought possible on your return. That is if Thailand isn't at war with itself when you return.

I would add Vietnam also...people are very friendly...not expensive...go up to Nha Trang...arguably one of the most beautiful beaches in the world...the girls are beautiful and approachable...

Edited by SPIKECM
  • Like 1

Trouble is then you won't appreciate Thailand so much on return! I was in Nha Trang in 1992 and the beach had about 10 people on it, including me. I guess it has changed a bit since then. 'Had a girl tagging along and she had some weed. She wrapped it in a low denomination bank note and then lit it from a street vendor. 'Always has been a nice memory.

What a wonderful memory. I am sure things have changed in all these years, but my intent is to visit there and check it out as with all the surrounding countries.

Personally, I found the Vietnamese much less friendly than Thais and nowhere near as good with tourists. Nice scenery though. Saigon had lots of pick pocketing kids, but that was over 20 years ago. I also went to Halong Bay and found that they were completely jaded by tourism. It is a funny old place Thailand. The scenery is pretty awful (apart from the southern beaches), it is polluted a good chunk of the year and yet it has a charm which is unbeatable anywhere else.

What a wonderful memory. I am sure things have changed in all these years, but my intent is to visit there and check it out as with all the surrounding countries.