Hi all I have 2 ? 4 u

Hey folks I really need your best advice. I'm an American citizen and have been on TV's for the past year and a half. Now I heard they're cracking down in TV'S. Mine is about to expire first week in Feb. If I apply for a new one it will be my 4th or 5th one. Will they aprove it if me go to S. LAOS or will I have a problem. I want to tell you that I'm one of the good guys here. I have taught for 4 years in Goverment schools for 4 years. So, I was on a NON B up till March, 2012. Have been on TV'S SINCE. I'm planning to teach again in May 2014 and the school has already accepted me. So, for now I need to buy my time till I start at the school.

2nd ? I have been living with a Thai girl and we have a young son ( not married ) and have applied for the 60 day ext already. What do I need to show for a O visa in S. Laos. I'm afraid of going to the Capital of Laos as I know they're very strict there. I have heard not need to show bank statments and so no for a O visa at S.Laos

You guys think I will lucky to get another TV if I dress nice and be very polite or am I SOL? Thanks in advance for your advice. The school has offered a letter to show I will be there teacher in May of 2014 and I was thinking about bringing my sons birth certificate which shows me as the father.

Not sure you will get a visa based on your child, as you didn't legitimize the child through the court. So legally speaking you are not the father.

Probabilities are good you will get at least a tourist visa in Laos (Savanakhet), whcih should be enough as at the end of that you cn apply for a non-B visa. But do try to apply for a non-O visa based on your child, with birth certificate and copy of household registration book of mother and child, GF's ID-card and short note asking for a visa for you as you take care of her and the child and are living together.

Where have you gotten your tourist visas from and were they single or double entry?

Where are you from? Those from the G7 countries now get 30 day entries at border crossings now.

You can do the 60 day extension for any entry but only once per entry.

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon having a Thai child.

If you either marry you child's mother or legitimize your parenthood you could get a one year extension of stay or a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet.

Not sure you will get a visa based on your child, as you didn't legitimize the child through the court. So legally speaking you are not the father.

Probabilities are good you will get at least a tourist visa in Laos (Savanakhet), whcih should be enough as at the end of that you cn apply for a non-B visa. But do try to apply for a non-O visa based on your child, with birth certificate and copy of household registration book of mother and child, GF's ID-card and short note asking for a visa for you as you take care of her and the child and are living together.

A friend went to Vietienne yesterday and got a single non-o visa based on his daughter (not married) only thing asked for was copy birth certificate and girlfriends ID card (signed)

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Where have you gotten your tourist visas from and were they single or double entry?

Where are you from? Those from the G7 countries now get 30 day entries at border crossings now.

You can do the 60 day extension for any entry but only once per entry.

You can apply for a single entry non-o visa based upon having a Thai child.

If you either marry you child's mother or legitimize your parenthood you could get a one year extension of stay or a multiple entry non-o visa in Savannakhet.

What 60 day extension are you talking about? I'm only aware of 30 day extensions (for tourist visas).

There is no form number to apply for a non-o visa. It depends upon which embassy or consulate you go to because they have their own forms.

If you writing about getting a an extension at immigration you would use a TM7 form.

There is no form number to apply for a non-o visa. It depends upon which embassy or consulate you go to because they have their own forms.

If you writing about getting a an extension at immigration you would use a TM7 form.

Correct. Almost didn't get an O-A from the New York Consulate because I used the application forms from the Embassy in DC website. They gave it to me with the warning that next time I should use only the forms that they issue

whistling.gif You may not get an extension to visit your child if you are not married to the mother.

It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

It would be far more certain if you could show a marriage certificate.

Now, if you can do the financial resources and you had that marriage certificate you could get at least a 90 day single entry Non O based on marriage to a Thai which could get you into the country for 90 days.

A one year multi entry Non O might even be possible at Savannaket Laos.

They may not require the financial part if you were able to show the valid marriage certificate.

Once you had even a 90 day Non O you could extend that in Thailand with the required 400K financial (money in Thai Bank) proof.

Then you could get a one year extension based on marriage to a Thai (often incorrectly called a marriage visa)

It's all possible.

I would do that IF you can, because it's not going to be much longer before they will start asking question as to why you keep getting tourist visas.

At 4 or 5 tourist visas, you're coming to the limit of their tolerance very soon.

The other way is to go back to work and get that Work Permit and Non B visa.

If you're serious about staying long term in Thailand, I'd look into starting one of those, before the hammer falls and you get an unpleasant surprise (Red Stamp .... no more visas from this consulate).

whistling.gif You may not get an extension to visit your child if you are not married to the mother.

It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it.

It would be far more certain if you could show a marriage certificate.

Now, if you can do the financial resources and you had that marriage certificate you could get at least a 90 day single entry Non O based on marriage to a Thai which could get you into the country for 90 days.

A one year multi entry Non O might even be possible at Savannaket Laos.

They may not require the financial part if you were able to show the valid marriage certificate.

Once you had even a 90 day Non O you could extend that in Thailand with the required 400K financial (money in Thai Bank) proof.

Then you could get a one year extension based on marriage to a Thai (often incorrectly called a marriage visa)

It's all possible.

I would do that IF you can, because it's not going to be much longer before they will start asking question as to why you keep getting tourist visas.

At 4 or 5 tourist visas, you're coming to the limit of their tolerance very soon.

The other way is to go back to work and get that Work Permit and Non B visa.

If you're serious about staying long term in Thailand, I'd look into starting one of those, before the hammer falls and you get an unpleasant surprise (Red Stamp .... no more visas from this consulate).

Immigration will issue a 60 day visa to visit his child with just his name on the birth certificate. Many reports about this.

Embassies and consulates will also issue a single entry non*o with just his name on the birth certificate.

OP has been advised about marriage or legitimization of his parenthood is needed to get a multiple entry visa or an extension of stay already.