Bungalow pictures and designs. Pictures in Thailand

Next year I am looking at building about 10 bungalows on my property.

I have pics from my travels but would like to see other designs

Would also like to get posters opinions if it would be less expensive to build from the ground up or buy the prefab teak bungalow that are all over Thailand . Or block construction?

Any opinion will be welcome and advice , pictures

It would be in Chiang Khong area.

Thanks in advance

Why not install sweethome 3d (free) and design your own. Only takes a few hours and you will be doing floor plans complete with 3d views and you can load it with furniture and fixtures and know the floor plan is functional - which many Thai designs are not. If your thinking along the lines of an apartment type floor plan google a few and paste an image of one into sweethome - build it out with wall etc right over the image and bingo you have 3d version complete with video walk through if you like.

From the ground up would be cheaper - the pre fabs are often poor design floor plans and over priced. I think a few days effort would pay off for you and you will have pictures, floor plans etc for the builder to bid on including colors.

Hi RKASA,

Just looking at downloading sweet home for a trial , and i have looked at the website , but before i download, is it able to be used in metric ?. The reason i ask is because i have seen , and purchased , other programmes like this that have imperial as its default and working in metric becomes more work than it is worth especially when trying to do costings. It looks like a better program than some of the others tho .

AutoCad Student may be another option if you can get around the restrictions regarding being a student for drafting the plans up.

Hi RKASA,

Just looking at downloading sweet home for a trial , and i have looked at the website , but before i download, is it able to be used in metric ?. The reason i ask is because i have seen , and purchased , other programmes like this that have imperial as its default and working in metric becomes more work than it is worth especially when trying to do costings. It looks like a better program than some of the others tho .

AutoCad Student may be another option if you can get around the restrictions regarding being a student for drafting the plans up.

It does both and it is free - you will be surprised at what it can do. You can add all sorts of furniture and things to it right from the web site.

PS has linux and windows versions

Edited by RKASA
  • Like 1

Im getting a 2 bedroom version of this insulated prefab concrete house,completely finished in 60 days with western kitchen,bathroom,tiles the works and delivered by truck to my land.he can deliver anywhere and I think he could have the ten hooked and plumbed on your plot in 60 to 90 days.

They are extremely well insulated so no need for a/c.post-124709-0-61168600-1390840633_thumb.

• Like 1

Im getting a 2 bedroom version of this insulated prefab concrete house,completely finished in 60 days with western kitchen,bathroom,tiles the works and delivered by truck to my land.he can deliver anywhere and I think he could have the ten hooked and plumbed on your plot in 60 to 90 days.

They are extremely well insulated so no need for a/c.attachicon.gifSample House (12).jpg

Nice bungalow ! How much for this one ?

• Like 1