Age spots & Dermatologists

newbie0001

I went to Samativej Hospital to have what looked like a pretty fast growing dark spot on forehead looked at. The dermatologist said it wasn't cancerous, was an age related, and then said she'd burned it off with CO2 laser anyway for cosmetic reasons. She recommended the use Retin A (Trentinoin Cream) at 0.025 concentration to limit their appearance/fade them out. Can't vouch for the advice as I haven't followed it, but this is what the good woman/cancer doctor said to me.

I went to Samativej Hospital to have what looked like a pretty fast growing dark spot on forehead looked at. The dermatologist said it wasn't cancerous, was an age related, and then said she'd burned it off with CO2 laser anyway for cosmetic reasons. She recommended the use Retin A (Trentinoin Cream) at 0.025 concentration to limit their appearance/fade them out. Can't vouch for the advice as I haven't followed it, but this is what the good woman/cancer doctor said to me.

The use of Retin A is to be used following CO2 laser procedure or is it an ALTERNATIVE to laser procedure?

What's the name of the doc?

Edited by newbie0001

Personally recommend either Dr. Rungsima or Dr. Woraphong at iSky Clinic - Dr. Woraphong is also at Bumrungrad.

There are a variety of treatment options including pigmented laser, IPL, etc/

Thank you sheryl, again. Would you know the pros and cons of each method for age spot treatment?

It varies with the individual. For example, if there are also telangiectasia (visible blood vessels) then IPL has the advantage of also getting that. On the other hand, IPL takes multiple treatments. Pigmented laser sometimes leaves hypopigmented area but this is more likely on some skin than in other. You relay need to consult a dermatologist who can give advise specific to your skin.

• 3 weeks later...

went to see woraphong today. he was very terse and was very much set on laser from the second I sat in the chair, not much explanation on the pros and cons on the various treatments (IPL, pulsed dye, V-beam, etc) even after I inquired about them. The whole consultation lasted less than 5 minutes blink.png and cost 500 baht, same amount that I paid yesterday to consult with a surgeon at Bumgrungrad about my colon-rectal surgery that included a physical examination.

What are the differences between V-beam and laser treatments? I turned out to have moles instead of age spots, according to him.