Australian couple begging in Loi Kroh Road

Lancashirelad

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was then met with a torrent of foul mouthed abuse and insults against the English - from which he was likely descended.

cheesy.gif

What is it with the Brits they think they are so smart and so much better as their descendants. But hell in the latest iq test they barely got a 100 even Poland was better, not to mention even Italy. Same went for Germany top scores (proving once and for all superior to the English) Then the Dutch same story. It would be better if the English who often only speak one language would reflect a bit and become more modest suiting their standing int he world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-381057/European-IQ-map-proves-Brits-brainy.html

Talk about being proud for nothing.. proving Brits are brainy but scoring an 8th place cheesy.gif

So the OZ bashing has resulted in some Brit Bashing.. clap2.gif

Bet everyone but the Brits can agree on this cheesy.gif

I agree, standards of education in uk have been sliding year on year for 20yrs.

When I was at uni 30 odd yrs ago, you were proud and priveledged to be in the top 5%

But now there are complaints every year that pass levels are easier, and the unis are full of mediocre students just to get the unemployment figures reduced.

Not sure about other countries but people are not getting cleverer in uk and uni is as easy to get in as a barn door.

I am a Brit, and rightly proud and priveledged to have received a great education....pre 90s

The Great in Britain means nothing anymore

Could someone take a photo and post next time they meet them. I think it only fair we should all view and ridicule these 2 pieces of poo.

If the OP was threatened, then why just not go to the cops? Then he could have his pic taken with them and point at them while looking offended and everything, then we can laugh....

• Like 1

If you don't deal with the scum now, word will get out and there will be a dozen of them is 3 months from now. The diminishing quality of expats in CM old city is the reason I moved to the country

I normally say live and let live. But if these lowlife scum start to give me a hard time then I will react. Perhaps as simple as walking up to the local police and saying they are causing problem or take matters into my own hand which would be a lot worse . These people need to be put on a one way flight out of LOS.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

If you don't deal with the scum now, word will get out and there will be a dozen of them is 3 months from now. The diminishing quality of expats in CM old city is the reason I moved to the country

I normally say live and let live. But if these lowlife scum start to give me a hard time then I will react. Perhaps as simple as walking up to the local police and saying they are causing problem or take matters into my own hand which would be a lot worse . These people need to be put on a one way flight out of LOS.

Probably wouldn't be hard to get them on the plane. My bet is that they are on expired visas.

I was then met with a torrent of foul mouthed abuse and insults against the English - from which he was likely descended.

cheesy.gif

What is it with the Brits they think they are so smart and so much better as their descendants. But hell in the latest iq test they barely got a 100 even Poland was better, not to mention even Italy. Same went for Germany top scores (proving once and for all superior to the English) Then the Dutch same story. It would be better if the English who often only speak one language would reflect a bit and become more modest suiting their standing int he world.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-381057/European-IQ-map-proves-Brits-brainy.html

Talk about being proud for nothing.. proving Brits are brainy but scoring an 8th place cheesy.gif

When I was at uni 30 odd yrs ago, you were proud and priveledged to be in the top 5%

But now there are complaints every year that pass levels are easier, and the unis are full of mediocre students just to get the unemployment figures reduced.

Not sure about other countries but people are not getting cleverer in uk and uni is as easy to get in as a barn door.

I am a Brit, and rightly proud and priveledged to have received a great education....pre 90s

Was just having some fun.. but everyone always says that about education. Its the same in every country. But to be honest how much did you learn in school and how much did you pick up later and expect others in your field to know right away.

When i look back at my knowledge now and when i finished my education it was different.

Though some public schools in the Netherlands were crap when you were good at stuff you were an outsider. It was not good to be better as the rest in a subject. I hated that.

Who's going to pay for that flight? This is why the coppers/Immigration aren't concerened with "Farang" beggars/down and outs in Thailand as it usually involves money or zero profit.

The lad around LK Metro in Pattaya was just left to roam free despite getting picked up by Immigration one night as are the several Beggars around Lower Sukhumwit.

There used to be a real low-life serial beggar operating for almost a year near the footbridge at the Ploenchit centre, always with the same tale, that he'd been ripped off by dolly birds who'd taken is cash, passport etc even though he always stank of ale and seemed the worse for wear.

He wasn't too impressed and abused me roundly when I gave him an International phone card and 50B for a bike taxi to the UK Embassy, so after that I was out to nail him.

When I saw him approaching people (he'd always go for Western blokes with women in tow) so I'd tell them he was on the scam to go play with the dollies though always refused any actual offers of (non-financial) help.

I saw him stocious in Ko Chang a few weeks after he'd tried his scam on a pal of mine so he must have found a few mugs. Indeed I'd been told by pals there that he'd been scavving off backpackers for some weeks and crashing on the beach or balconies of vacant huts. Even the cops there coldn't be mithered with him. In the end the ''locals'' gave him the bum's rush off the island. I last saw him in Chanthaburi at the bus station with an old Western couple (who I later learned were his parents come to take him home) so that ended OK for him...

Why make a big issue out of this?

I get approached by beggars often, mostly Thai. Just smile and say; sorry love to help but I am out of money myself, then they usually walk away looking for other mugs.

Very simple, don`t get aggressive, refuse to play their game and in most cases the beggars will realise you are not interested and move on somewhere else.

• Like 1

A couple of kangaroos with nothing in the pouch. Nothing to worry about

By the way Eyecatcher, it's called Great Britain to distinguish it from Brittany in France, also known as lesser Britain or little Britain as it's smaller in area. What were you saying about your pre-90's education???laugh.png

• Like 2

..... it's called Great Britain to distinguish it from Brittany in France, also known as lesser Britain or little Britain as it's smaller in area.

Wow! That's what I love about ThaiVisa. I always wondered about the 'why' of that.

With what we in the US were taught about the Revolution, I just sort of figured it came

from something like 'Oh...great. Britain again, huh?' whistling.gif

..... it's called Great Britain to distinguish it from Brittany in France, also known as lesser Britain or little Britain as it's smaller in area.

Wow! That's what I love about ThaiVisa. I always wondered about the 'why' of that.

With what we in the US were taught about the Revolution, I just sort of figured it came

from something like 'Oh...great. Britain again, huh?' whistling.gif

post-110219-0-89833300-1390730760_thumb.

By the way Eyecatcher, it's called Great Britain to distinguish it from Brittany in France, also known as lesser Britain or little Britain as it's smaller in area. What were you saying about your pre-90's education???laugh.png

Thanks for that gem of knowledge, pleased you know it because everyone over 40 knows that anyway......next!

For non Australians a "sheila" is a female. smile.png

And for young Australians. Sheila has not been in any general use in Australia for well over 30 years.

Well did I say it was in current use.? "Stone the crows" you try to help and all you get is nit pickingbah.gif

Call it "preventative medicine" mate..someone reading this may well visit Aus and call a lady a sheila and get the crap beaten out of him...[unless of course sheila is her name]smile.png

Is "cleverer" a word in the English language? I think the term should be "more clever". Sorry, I am being a smart arse just to prove the point that all brits should be tarred with the same brush. We all think we are better than everyone else. We are all loud obnoxious drunks and football (soccer) hooligans. We all still live in a fantasy world where we think we still have an empire and we rule a third of the world. For those reasons we all think we don't need to learn another language. Everyone else should learn English and that should be the UK version not US.

What is it they say about sarcasm? The lowest form of wit. Doh! biggrin.png

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you had not said it was sarcasm i had believed it as the pure truth and more self knowledge as i ever seen in a Brit.biggrin.png

Sorry Boss. Strayed off topic there. Back to the beggars. They should be reported as con artists. They give all Ferang a bad name. One day one of us could fall on hard times and you will be less likely to put your hand in your pocket to help because people like these will make you think that all beggars are not genuine and are just trying to scam a few baht. Someone report them please.

Sent from my KFTT using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why make a big issue out of this?

I get approached by beggars often, mostly Thai. Just smile and say; sorry love to help but I am out of money myself, then they usually walk away looking for other mugs.

Very simple, don`t get aggressive, refuse to play their game and in most cases the beggars will realise you are not interested and move on somewhere else.

It sounds like these ones often get abusive and that is not what anyone goes on holiday for. So feel free to take their photograph and get a Thai to report them to the police.

Let them beg around Australia and not give farang a bad name I say.

• Like 1

Thanks for that gem of knowledge, pleased you know it because everyone over 40 knows that anyway......next!

You live and learn. Thank you for the entertainmentsmile.png

I'm always amazed by the tolerance that locals have for deadbeat foreigners. Then again they show that same tolerance generally to hilltribe beggars so I guess they just view it as a fact of life, that should not be pondered too much; nor are they any real nuisance, so it's like water off a duck's back.

To be honest I don't think I could personally be bothered to follow up with tourist police or immigration police; eventually they'll either leave of go off the deep end.

• Like 1

I'm always amazed by the tolerance that locals have for deadbeat foreigners. Then again they show that same tolerance generally to hilltribe beggars so I guess they just view it as a fact of life, that should not be pondered too much; nor are they any real nuisance, so it's like water off a duck's back.

To be honest I don't think I could personally be bothered to follow up with tourist police or immigration police; eventually they'll either leave of go off the deep end.

Are you talking from experience there?

I'm always amazed by the tolerance that locals have for deadbeat foreigners.

Are you talking from experience there?

I'm always talking from experience.

Hmmm... Can't figure out if this has gone over your head, or if it's a case of brilliant self-deprecating humour. unsure.png

I turned back on him, in the end gave him 20 baht for my own safety as I didn't fancy being attacked from behind.

Should have turned back on him and got a nut in, the lowlife!

Whilst I agree with your sentiment, I'm 55, travel alone & wear specs so think it best not to get involved in such like, even though I'm not exactly of small build.

Can't seem to get the multi quote to work on this pc so sorry guys, I'll have to do 'em one at a time.

No good getting your knickers in a knot over some bludging sillybuggers pissing in your pocket, cobber...

Fair crack of the whip - for all we know the galah and his missus were fair dinkum and up shit creek without a paddle. Or maybe they were just a few roos loose in the top paddock.

Or if the larricans came from Tassie, then they're bound to be dumb as a door knob. Cold enough down there to freeze the balls off a brass monkey I tell ya. Knew a sheila once that came from tassie - she'd bang like a dunny door on a prawn trawler.

Gotta go... I could eat the arse end out of a low flying duck, but not before I shake hands with me best mate.

Jose, love the slang humour could understand most immediately.

Edited by Lancashirelad

For non Australians a "sheila" is a female. smile.png

And for young Australians. Sheila has not been in any general use in Australia for well over 30 years.

I didn't know, its 11 years since I was last visiting rellies in WA. Previous visit was 1983.

cheesy.gif

Robblok no oz bashing was intended and I'm not sure where or how you read that into it, I merely referred to a strong possibility that he was in fact insulting his own fore fathers.

Edited by Lancashirelad