Recommendation Of Resort

Cheweng Garden is a great resort, its on the beach and is about 1100 baht per night in peak season, probaly half now, ask for the rooms on ground floor closes to reception as they are newer.

Its right across the road from hungry jacks and is like 20 meter walk to green mango and the night lilfe.

East at ALI bar at night, you walk out to the beach and turn left.

I have never had such great customer service from any resturant ive ever been to anywhere in the world.

I just came from there and stayed at Chaweng Gardens for the fourth year running and my bill for 9 nights was 10,000 baht plus a bit for the mini bar. They give you a discount the longer you stay. The barbie on the beach is good and cheap too, if you can stand listening to Hotel California night after night!!

Have a good holiday, I'm jealous!!!

seems like chaweng garden is the one to go for.

I am also planning to spend a few days in Koh tao

how and where is the cheapest way to get there?

and wat resort is recommended which is not too expensive and with some privacy?

basically I just want to spend some quiet moments with my girlfriend there.

My favourite place to stay while on Koh Tao is the Sunset Buri Resort, it has 100% privacy and electricity 24/7

Check link here

To get to Koh Tao, I would recomend the speed boat sevice, it might not be the cheapest way to get there, but the fastest. Most of the boat operators are based on Big Buddha beach, which also has the main pier for Koh Phangan, but travel agents in Chaweng can also arrange tickets and pick ups.

The cheapest way to get to Koh Tao from Koh Samui is possibly the Songserm boat from Nathon but this boat in my view can be overcrowded and slow, a far better way is to use Seatran boat from Bangrak which is fast safe and comfortable or the Lompraya Catamaran from Mae Nam which is also fast and safe. Forget the speed boats unless you like the sound of a high revving 2 stroke engine in your earhole for an hour, no toilet and uncomfortable in big waves. THe speed boats are also expensive.

Back to Chaweng Gardens - they don't seem to have an internet address but the phone numbers are (077) 422265, 230993.

Don't be put off if they say they are fully booked as they said to me a week before I went. My friend just went straight from the airport and got a room with no problems. And if you are not happy with the room you can change as soon as a better one becomes free, just let them know at reception. The best ones are the ones nearest the beach to the left.

Longview in Chaweng is good, too. Good beach there, about 1200 baht for a good bungalow, turn left before Tropical Murphy's. I like Samui Mermaid in Bangrak, too, nice room for 900 baht, seaview, swimming pool and direct beach front.

Back to Chaweng Gardens - they don't seem to have an internet address but the phone numbers are (077) 422265, 230993.

Don't be put off if they say they are fully booked as they said to me a week before I went. My friend just went straight from the airport and got a room with no problems. And if you are not happy with the room you can change as soon as a better one becomes free, just let them know at reception. The best ones are the ones nearest the beach to the left.

probably will try my luck there when I reach

also heard that the beaches at chaweng gardens are not good for swimming

The water is not deep but you can walk along a bit further and swimming is ok. I myself am not a good swimmer so being able to just wallow in waist high water was ok for me!! :o

Cheweng garden is in a great location because its so close to green mango (my favourite club)

The guy that owns the resort is usually at the recption, he always looks grumpy, but he is the nicest bloke, fark I need to go back soon.

Im getting jealous of you too.

make sure you take some pics and post them up here if you can