Pins To Be Sold To Commemorate Hm's 60 Years On Throne

george

Pins to be sold to commemorate HM's 60 years on Throne

BANGKOK: -- A total of three million commemorative pins marking the 60th anniversary of His Majesty the King's ascension to the throne will be publicly sold at Bt100 apiece in a government-commissioned exhibition to honour the monarch from Friday May 26 to June 4.

The pin's front carries the award-winning emblem marking the 60th anniversary and its base carries a banner with an engraved date 'June 9, 2006', when the longest-serving monarch ascended to the throne as the ninth king of the Chakri Dynasty exactly 60 years ago.

The pins will also be available at the library of the Secretariat of the Cabinet Office inside the Government House compound. Cost-deducted proceeds obtained through the sale of the pins will be presented to the Anantha Mahidol and Sri Nagarindra Foundations.

--The Nation 2006-05-23

I wonder if anyone will try and run a scam on this like they did with the orange rubber wrist bands (Long Live The King) my wife bought. A friend of mine showed me his and it had a serial number on it, mine doesn't.

SCB issued a limited release wrist band with a serial number ... now there is a new one that is available everywhere (legit) that comess with a letter to fill out and send to the King