Paint job for my bike in Bangkok

Marcel1

while talking with a friendly neighbour, elderly Thai guy the other day about motorcycles he told me he had an Kawasaki vulcan. He imported everything from Japan himself and built the whole up by himself too. He drove it here in Thailand for about 5 years until he got terrible sick which took him about a year. Now recovered but lost his strenght and will to drive the bike. It has not been used for two years now and I am thinking about buying it. I know a few local guys who would be happy to fresh up the engine but I would like to have it re painted.

does any of you guys know good painters here which do good work on bikes? and do I have to bring the bike in one piece or do I have to bring only the parts that need to be painted? as I dont have much tools at my condo it would be better if they did it.

any recommendations? and anyone knows an approx. price? I am thinking about matte black only.

thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Did you pull the trigger? Which paint shop did you use and what were the results like?

Hate to make you out as a TV paint recommendation guinea pig, but it seems few can answer the question, so closing the loop adds to the body of knowledge thumbsup.gif

hmm I was hoping for a bit more info with all the bike lovers here...

but anyway thnx for the replies so far.

• 2 weeks later...

Did you pull the trigger? Which paint shop did you use and what were the results like?

Hate to make you out as a TV paint recommendation guinea pig, but it seems few can answer the question, so closing the loop adds to the body of knowledge thumbsup.gif

hmm I was hoping for a bit more info with all the bike lovers here...

but anyway thnx for the replies so far.

Today I picked up the motorbike in above mentioned shop. the paint work looks pretty good, no top of the notch work but for an mere 4.200 thb a good deal (excl. maintanance costs as I had some other things to do as wel).

I would recommend the place if you want a cheap decent fix, would not bring my new bike there though but for an older bike its perfectly fine

ive added some pics of the result.

post-153901-13942786238423_thumb.jpgpost-153901-1394278644773_thumb.jpgpost-153901-13942786847567_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 7 months later...