Flooding

cmsally

Anyone know why there is so much water in Denchai ??

Apparently there are 3 trains stuck there - can't go forward or back because flooded all around. Water about waist deep in areas below the tracks.

I guess there must have been a lot of rain - but beats me how 3 trains get stuck in the middle of it.

I drove through Denchai a day ago, and the rain was so heavy that traffic was at a near standstill. All the run off goes straight down to the railway cutting. It didn't look like it was going to clear either.

Well if you know anyone on the train (I have friends on the train). Latest news is water up to the train and everyone off and wading through the water (waist deep) to the nearest station. No help been sent in even though they have been there since 0200. The whole area sounds like a disaster zone. Friends in Uttaradit are picking them up but many of them too are flooded so can't get out of their houses. One who's on the highway seems to be still clear. MY next door neighbour is from Lab Lae (Uttaradit) and says she has never seen anything like this.